Sign in to follow this  
naught

SQF RCON - Remote SQF Console

IMPORTANT: This thread has been moved from its

original position in the Arma 3 Completed Addons section to here for use primarily by server administrators; sorry for any confusion.

SQF RCON Extension

Release 1.0.1.4 - v1.0 Alpha b4

By Naught

sqf_rcon_active.png

A remote SQF console addon and extension for Arma 2 & 3.

GitHub | Download | Wiki | Issues

Overview

This projects aims to create a simple method for remotely administering Arma servers in a way which has never been possible before. The game engine itself has been inaccessible to remote administrators, but now it's possible to execute code and retrieve return values via this RCON extension.

Note that this project is currently in its alpha stage, so there's a possibility for bugs or issues. That aside, I test release each time for full functionality, so it's reasonably stable.

Remote Console

The remote console was designed for simplicity and extensibility, so it was built completely in web-standard languages such as HTML, CSS, and javascript. This allows it to be completely customizable and accessible on nearly all machines.

sqf_rcon_console.png

Since the console is built using the aforementioned web-standard methods, you can host the console on an external web server for global access from many administrators. You may also custom-skin and edit the console to your desire to fit your needs!

Extension

The extension was programmed in C++ to allow direct communication between the game engine and the backend Mongoose webserver. The latter is a super-light high-performance HTTP web server which handles the RESTful RCON requests and sends them to Arma.

The extension was designed to not only accept requests from the standard remote console described above, but from any program which can make HTTP POST requests. This means that any developer can create a program which interacts with Arma externally through the RCON protocol described in the developer documentation below.

Download

You can download the latest version of the SQF RCON addon by visiting the repository's releases section.

Requirements

SQF RCON requires either Arma 2 OA 1.62 or Arma 3 1.00 or greater.

An Arma 2 OA/CO installation requires the CBA addon.

Installation

1. Download the latest version of the SQF RCON addon by referencing the above heading.
  2. Copy the "@sqfrcon" folder to your Arma addons directory, which is most likely your Arma installation folder.
  3. Either add the addon to your favorite Arma launcher (such as play.withSix) or to your -mods command-line argument.
  4. Go to the extracted "@sqfrcon\sqfrcon.cfg" file and edit the configuration to your desired need. The file is extensively commented for ease-of-use.
  5. Start the game and load a mission to allow for the remote console to connect.
  6. Open the console by navigating to "@sqfrcon\console" and opening the "index.html" file in your browser of choice.

Developer Documentation

Possible Use Cases

• Replacement for deprecated Gamespy protocol to retrieve server statistics.
  • Web-based after action battle recorder and playback.
  • In-game player review system with accompanying external database and web application.
  • Remote connection to another game (such as Steel Beasts or Falcon BMS).
  • Interaction with forum/community software or Teamspeak.
  • And so many more...

---------- Post added at 23:12 ---------- Previous post was at 23:08 ----------

Update 1.0.1.4

This update is an important fix, so it is recommended for all users.

This release is an alpha release, so it may still contain bugs or other issues. If you find any, post them here for resolution.

Download SQF RCON v1.0.1.4

Changelog

• [NEW] Remove CBA dependency in Arma 3.
  • [FIX] Fix a small typo in the FSM which could cause 503 errors in the console.

Edited by Naught

Thanks for the release and update, really awesome tool. I'll test it now on ArmA II and post if I encounter any more problems or issues.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

SQF RCON Extension v1.0.1.4

required_addons.png

Community Base Addons (Only when using it in Arma 2 / Arma 2: OA )

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi. Naught

Im woundering if you are still devloping this..

I like the idea that you can web technoligy to dostuff.

Now my question, i cant get this to work on localhost (127.0.0.1). it just doesnt work.

Altho i get a error about mismatch in version, dll not same as addon.

what could be wrong?

I want this to work, i was about to write a plugin for Bec using urllib. but i cant do that until i figure out why it dosent work on localhost.

I like this way better than to start messing around with namedpipes.

anyway. its a great idea this. any advice on howto get it working.

i have setup mu username & password correct. no ssl tho.

Edited by nuxil