someguywho

Rainbow Six Siege

Surprised this hasn't sprung up in here yet.

Wow, seriously, a wallhack device? Such a thing is really in the game?

Wow, seriously, a wallhack device? Such a thing is really in the game?

There was a heartbeat sensor in the older games too, if you remember. Granted it wasn't as effective as the one here (took more time to deploy and put away, and in Raven Shield it took up a lot of your field of view and didn't display depth), but it existed.

I mean, it was mostly forbidden in the competitive leagues (not that it was that practical), which is weird seeing as they seem to be targeting the competitive scene.

The heartbeat sensor features quite heavily in the latter stages of the R6 book (which if you haven't read, you should really jump on - one of Clancy's best) and yes, it was an important component of the earlier games.

The heartbeat sensor features quite heavily in the latter stages of the R6 book (which if you haven't read, you should really jump on - one of Clancy's best) and yes, it was an important component of the earlier games.

Yeah but a so precise Heartbeat sensor that you can use it as wallhack, in a competitive game..... That´s fucked up

Yeah hearbeat sensor in combination with paper walls seems to be overkill.

Cant the attacker now simply turn on their sensors for a sec before going in and then just kill everyone without going in?

Yeah hearbeat sensor in combination with paper walls seems to be overkill.

Cant the attacker now simply turn on their sensors for a sec before going in and then just kill everyone without going in?

I think the more important issue is the hitmarker. You get a hitmarker every time you hit someone, even if you don´t see him. That allows people to shoot through walls, and once they get a hitmarker, continue to shoot up that area.

I think the more important issue is the hitmarker. You get a hitmarker every time you hit someone, even if you don´t see him. That allows people to shoot through walls, and once they get a hitmarker, continue to shoot up that area.

Good thing you don't have LMGs with 200 round box or?

They may remove hitmarkers though since a lot of testers were advising against it.

Great stuff Smurf,couldn't stop laughing especially at the remote toy part:biggrin:.Btw that video has 21 dislikes,must be from the 21 guys working on this one.

Must see:

That gave me a headache just watching.

At what point do people get bored with the quick twitch, running full blast, bouncing around, and slashing people type MP that is shown there? There are already a million games that do that.

• Like 1

Oh, Ubisoft. You just had to kill all the great franchises, didn't you?

That gave me a headache just watching.

At what point do people get bored with the quick twitch, running full blast, bouncing around, and slashing people type MP that is shown there? There are already a million games that do that.

Of course, all the game magazines are going to ride its dick come release.

Great stuff Smurf,couldn't stop laughing especially at the remote toy part. Btw that video has 21 dislikes,must be from the 21 guys working on this one.

That video made me LOL. :D

Edited by Laqueesha

http://www.pcgamer.com/rainbow-six-siege-wont-have-a-campaign-but-theres-training-and-bots/

So it wont have a SP campaign, which is ok, because it would most likely be another Lockdown or Vegas, which was simply ridiculous (3 guys save a city by mowing down hundreds of tangos in a "tactical shooter", wtf).

Still I hope you will have AI controlled teammates in coop mode, which would answer to your commands like in Vegas (that was the part I liked about those games), and not just a Lone Wolf mode.

I understand it is a MP game, but having played SWAT4 SP and MP I enjoyed SP much more.

It is very hard to play it "tactically" in MP, there is always someone (even if you play with your friends over teamspeak) who would rather run off killing everyone and getting killed instead of playing the game "the way its meant to be played".

http://www.pcgamer.com/rainbow-six-siege-wont-have-a-campaign-but-theres-training-and-bots/

So it wont have a SP campaign, which is ok, because it would most likely be another Lockdown or Vegas, which was simply ridiculous (3 guys save a city by mowing down hundreds of tangos in a "tactical shooter", wtf).

Still I hope you will have AI controlled teammates in coop mode, which would answer to your commands like in Vegas (that was the part I liked about those games), and not just a Lone Wolf mode.

I understand it is a MP game, but having played SWAT4 SP and MP I enjoyed SP much more.

It is very hard to play it "tactically" in MP, there is always someone (even if you play with your friends over teamspeak) who would rather run off killing everyone and getting killed instead of playing the game "the way its meant to be played".

No AI tammates, no SP campaign. The only thing you can play SP is terrorist hunt wich places you (and a few friends if you wish) against the, let´s say mediocre, AI. The AI either rushes you or stays in a room until you come in, not very inspired...

Honestly, the game is really bloody expensive for what you get! 11 quite small maps in an MP shooter. I see this game as the next Titanfall or Evolve, a game everybody will praise but wich will also die out quite fast because there simply isn´t that much to do in it. People who got into the Beta say it got repetitive very fast. 

If at least the price would match the content....

If only they would make a "proper" R6 game again.......

Well it seems I will pass on this game then. Or at least wait till it is sold for cheap in a couple of years...

Thanks for the info.

No AI tammates, no SP campaign. The only thing you can play SP is terrorist hunt wich places you (and a few friends if you wish) against the, let´s say mediocre, AI. The AI either rushes you or stays in a room until you come in, not very inspired...

Honestly, the game is really bloody expensive for what you get! 11 quite small maps in an MP shooter. I see this game as the next Titanfall or Evolve, a game everybody will praise but wich will also die out quite fast because there simply isn´t that much to do in it. People who got into the Beta say it got repetitive very fast. 

If at least the price would match the content....

If only they would make a "proper" R6 game again.......

La La La La.. how do you know this things??

Links ore other profs??

I like it!!

La La La La.. how do you know this things??

Links ore other profs??

I like it!!

Name one thing I said that is wrong!

Also here:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-09-28-rainbow-six-siege-wont-have-a-campaign-mode

Add to that the impressions of A LOT of people who played the beta. Generally their thoughts were that the gameplay is really good but that the game as a whole simply offers too little content and incentive to keep you playing.

If you apply past experiences to that you end up with something like Titanfall or Evolve. Great gameplay, but very little content and long term motivation. The MP will be very active for a brief ammount of time before it practically dies out. Really if this had a better pricing things might look different, but now the price alone will put many people off who might have otherwise bought it on release.

Rainbow Six Siege Beta was fun for me, but I would have liked to see some sort of competitive mode. The game has potential for tactical application, but it is ruined sometimes when you have the guy who wants to go rambo. 

Intelligent AI LOL

They basically have two modes, hunt and ambush. They either converge on the players or stay in one room...

Angry Joe asks the really important questions, for exampe why a MP only game is so darn expensive (90$ if you include the season pass). They justify it by saying that all map DLCs will be free, but what is the Season pass for?

New Weapons and Operators of course. Such things in a Competitive MP game inevitably lead to a toxic community. Also keep in mind that this game consists of quite a few reused assets from the canceled R6 game for example.

I just don´t see a production value that justifies a 60$ price tag. AAA Devs are getting lazy+greedy (looking at you DICE).

Since yesterday participants of the earlier beta can preload another beta which will start today at 16:00 pm. Tomorrow it will become public and it will end next sunday. There is a new map in the game, also some more operators, weapons and gadgets.

I don't realy see the use of that. Probably just another marketing-event or a stresstest before the release. 

I played the actual beta for ~ 3 hours now and so far it is a total shame. The matchmaking works horrible, the netcode is a bad joke, the gunplay feels like crap. You can't disable the voicechat ingame, if you do that it might turn off your entire micro so TS won't work anymore. The stupid operator-system is still in the game (So still no PDW's for attackers. Because SAS never used MP5s when they stormed). The shields are overpowered as before. And finally they added a ingame-store with boosters and other microtransactions-crap.

Most of those things worked way better in the closed Alpha or Beta. One week before the release the game is a absolute wreck. How dare they to even think about release such a thing? How dare they to even think about E-sports? Is there no quality-management department active? How can those people greenlight it? The issues in the current state are fundamental and totally out of question. 

Most of those things worked way better in the closed Alpha or Beta. One week before the release the game is a absolute wreck. How dare they to even think about release such a thing? How dare they to even think about E-sports? Is there no quality-management department active? How can those people greenlight it?

The answer to all these questions: "Publisher: Ubisoft"

• Like 1