someguywho

Rainbow Six Siege

Can you actually kill the hostage? NO, she (of course it is a she :p )
"Classic" modern Ubisoft at work. Then again, from what I saw the hostage's 'health' wasn't fully depleted by whatever shot caused her to fall... or did I mistake the revive timer for her health meter???

I think it has to be possible to kill her. Why would it matter that the guy was using her as a human shield then? They could've just walked in and sprayed the room down. It is probably at least possible to kill the hostage as the HRT. Terrorists probably can't otherwise every game would probably just go Match Start... Match End HRT failed. Although there are interesting mechanics that could be done with that too. The longer the hostage is alive in enemy hands the more points they get.

That particular match type though seems to not use a points system, but straight-up "extract/retain hostage or wipe the other team".

Yeah good point. I wasn't really looking for that the first time I watched it. I guess we'll see what they do then.

This looks like it can get very repetitive very fast...

Looking very promising if you compare to some basic MP shooters. I hope there will be some bigger maps too with more players and also proper SP scenarios.

This looks like it can get very repetitive very fast...

Don't worry, they'll be releasing 6 DLC packs that add nothing but some weird paint schemes for the guns and a virtually identical sequel all in less than 12 months anyway :o

Anybody going to bother with this ?

What do you think it will turn out like ?

It´s Ubisoft making a Rainbow Six game.

I think this will be entirely focused on the MP, matches will take 15min tops, some tactics and planing will be possible but it will get rather stale once the optimum tactics and map chokepoints are known. And of course it will have a shitton of DLC.

They are always talking a lot but not saying anything in these kind of videos. It's like watching parliament sessions. All people are asking for is a Raven Shield/GR type of remake with modern graphics, animations, new maps and story. No need to "reinvent" anything and then release bad CoD copy in disguise. Like with all other post 2005(?) Ubisoft games, MP will be dead after two months and SP most likely not worth playing in the first place.

Same story with NFS and plenty of other games that I used to play regularly.

Edited by Janez

They are always talking a lot but not saying anything in these kind of videos. It's like watching parliament sessions. All people are asking for is a Raven Shield/GR type of remake with modern graphics, animations, new maps and story. No need to "reinvent" anything and then release bad CoD copy in disguise. Like with all other post 2005(?) Ubisoft games, MP will be dead after two months and SP most likely not worth playing in the first place.

Same story with NFS and plenty of other games that I used to play regularly.

Exactly.

When it comes to tripple A games Ubisoft is as innovative as a turtle. And it really doesn´t help that they are still trying to force feed you that Uplay crap.

Looks more like the Vegas games than the old RS games to me, putting spectacle over tactics and cautiosness. I don't want to sound pessimistic but most shooters these days appear like CoD copies with a twist.

At least it doesn't have unlockable radio towers.

I was having low to nonexistent expectations anyway but after seeing the latest trailer:

6847722595_c356fd0269.jpg

All people are asking for is a Raven Shield/GR type of remake with modern graphics, animations, new maps and story.
Puh-lease, if this was all that Ubisoft was allowed to do then they'd probably just outright cancel the series instead.

Installed it when it came out, played for about three sessions of 45mins, uninstalled same day.

Almost exactly what I expected it would be.

Referencing Rogue Spear and Raven shield was a bit distasteful too. But then, again, that's what Ubisoft has been doing for years now; trading off the popularity and gameplay of those early games, and then releasing this 'Lockdown' garbage.

Referencing Rogue Spear and Raven shield was a bit distasteful too. But then, again, that's what Ubisoft has been doing for years now; trading off the popularity and gameplay of those early games, and then releasing this 'Lockdown' garbage.

I don't really see the point in that anymore. Those that played the original games know what kind of scheme they've got going by now and younger players won't know what those games were about. Mindboggling that they seem to be too lazy to even update their marketing strategy to something that actually aims to attract their core customer base.

A lot of young people will pick up, almost by osmosis, the love and respect people had for the old R6 GR games. So companies like Ubisoft/Conmasters find it valuable to trade off that atmosphere.

It's simple. To quote KMFDM's song:

Nothing new, it's the same old shit

If it works this good, why fuck with it?

The only explantation marketing really needs. It works? It works good enough? Don't bother changing it.

Where were those people when they ditched the formula of the old R6 games?

To be honest, if they were just putting out games with the same old gameplay as in the first three titles, everyone would be bitching about the lack of innovation, addon sold as a full price game and so on (look at Call of Duty / Assassins Creed).

Still I agree that those older games were more interesting than the new stuff, still I liked the Vegas titles and I will play Siege. Though it seems that I was right when I passed on Lockdown, judging by reviews.

I hope the singleplayer part will be in line with what we have seen in the multiplayer videos and not 3 guys vs 300 tangos in an endless hall.

And please bring pre-planning back, it was an integral part of R6 games.

To be honest, if they were just putting out games with the same old gameplay as in the first three titles, everyone would be bitching about the lack of innovation, addon sold as a full price game and so on (look at Call of Duty / Assassins Creed).

Look at ArmA.

I'm happy with that.

Yeah, they only needed to refine the gameplay of the old R6. Make it smoother, Ai better, include new assets and mechanics, etc.

Instead of that they basically made games that are completelly different in design and gameplay but keep the name....

Its quite possible that we've all been spoilt with this series. Because it can be used for so many various scenarios, there seems to be a very high expectation (which is good), for any new game to deliver something very different, but just as immersive. Not sure we'll see that in a game of this type. Unless of course Blackfoot sticks with its current mind-set for Ground Branch and provided they ever release it. Then perhaps we may have our CQB game to add into our collection to cover/fill the gap this series lacks a little on.

Edit: & when I say this series, I'm talking about Arma.

Edited by ChrisB