LyotchikSniper

PAK-FA (T-50) AddOn: Work in Progress

It works now, awesome! :D

I have 2 questions though:

1. Is there like an in-game service menu that you can use without having to change it in the editor?

2. How do you make a jet respawn with custom weaponry (using the module)? Is there like a way to make the module respawn with the jet?

thanks!

• Like 2

Hello friend, 

apologize for the inappropriate request (in this topic), but I would like to know if I can use your Pak T-50 script relative to the map system for mine aircraft model;

I studied your work, and the moving map is awesome, it work in my model, but the only thing that I understand very poor, is how to hide the map around the various cockpit gauges...

I create a small square for the Glonass_map, but of course it is greater than the instrumnet panel; I tried creating  a square with a small frame in the center, and applying an Alpha texture (glass), prefixed to the glonass_map selection, thus to do not sort the "alpha" in oxygrn.....in buldozer view works fine, but in game, I still can see the transparent square, with little glitch around it.

Thanks in advance if I can have a full answer of how to hide part of the map in cockpit.

Best regards 

Hello friends. I serve in the armed forces of the Russian Federation. Now I do not have the opportunity to work on the my mod of T-50 PAK FA. But after six months I will be back and will continue to work. I am very happy to see the news about the new flight prototypes of real T-50 and about Jets DLC

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, LyotchikSniper said:

Hello friends. I serve in the armed forces of the Russian Federation. Now I do not have the opportunity to work on the my mod of T-50 PAK FA. But after six months I will be back and will continue to work. I am very happy to see the news about the new flight prototypes of real T-50 and about Yates DLC

good luck in your life.

Скорейшего возвращения домой

• Like 1

Hello everybody. I'm with you again. I think soon I will begin adapting the aircraft to JETS DLC. And I'm curious to have any tutorials or samples of adapted aircraft with the ability to change weapons and other features

• Like 6

7 hours ago, LyotchikSniper said:

Hello everybody. I'm with you again. I think soon I will begin adapting the aircraft to JETS DLC. And I'm curious to have any tutorials or samples of adapted aircraft with the ability to change weapons and other features

Welcome back, LyotchikSniper, great to see you back (long time fan)

I think that AWS and all Firewill´s work is a nice framework to upgrade your PAK-FA (dynamic loadout´s, TGP integration etc), you should definately PM him or check his threads 

Spasibo!

• Like 1

I finished my cosplay on arma 3 (I recommend to watch, it's really cool)

Now I can continue the work.  Something is already done:

z2WzIcnYFnU.jpg

New Russian Air Forces camo used in Syria

psTiRKd3r4Y.jpg

Its necessary to finish problems with the wheels and ejecting.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Man! That CSAT gear sure puts down alot of movie prop-costumes (even some of the expensive ones).

Literally one step from WETA Workshop props.

• Haha 1

Ah the wheels problem :)  I just copy what is in the shadow lod, make sure it is concave, etc. and paste it in the geo and geo physx lod's.  And make sure you have the edge/rim mem point as well as an axis in mem.  All of the Jets DLC planes used the exact same config "class wheels" even though they were all different weights.  I think it just has to be present.  I've seen some people trying to add "bouncy" dampers/shocks but I don't know how well those work.  Seems to work fine enough without dampers on the gear.

Don't forget to change "simulation = airplanex" in the config as well.

If you place it and it starts to roll on its own make sure the wheels are relatively level to each other on the horizon.  If they are more than about 0.25 vertical offset from each other then physx will make them roll all on their own like they are on a slope.

Eject seat is rather simple, just copy the canopy and ejection seat into their own P3D's, and recenter them.  Then add 2 mem points for the eject motion.  The eject seat p3d should have a pilot proxy.  You can also add a jet flame animation if you want to make it fancy.  Add the action as per the BIKI article and that's about it. 

Even though the eject seat is a vehicle, you unfortunately cannot add cargo to it like a first aid kit, etc. as that vehicle type seems unable to load cargo no matter what I've tried.

• Like 4

You can't imagine how happy I am to see that this addon is getting some love again. welcome back :)

p.s.: that gear looks pretty sweet in real life I might add. (not to mention the respect I have for the insane amount of work you must have put into creating it! Well done!)

• Like 1

a little bit of humor (and only humor):

dozmOBnd9SA.jpg QIKa6A86z4E.jpg

w2A7LjThW3c.jpg KafkugnyNT0.jpg

UHwk--gy8Yk.jpg 

This OPFOR CSAT carrier should look like Chinese future carrier after Type002. It based on BI USS Freedom and use island from Ul'anovsk carrier:

y3X4z5zjdzg.jpg qj4-8_LiOek.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

On 15.04.2018 at 7:44 PM, hcpookie said:

Eject seat is rather simple, just copy the canopy and ejection seat into their own P3D's, and recenter them.  Then add 2 mem points for the eject motion.  The eject seat p3d should have a pilot proxy.  You can also add a jet flame animation if you want to make it fancy.  Add the action as per the BIKI article and that's about it. 

Thanks. Your advice is very helpful, I forgot about adding aсtion. But I read your message and now ejecting is ready!
J7rPM2Lw-80.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Damn, I got super excited real quick when I thought that someone made a Russian carrier that I had somehow missed.  Maybe one day...

Aircraft looks sick.  I had to take a closer look if that ejection seat screenshot was real or note.

One thing about the action is to make sure the Priority is < others.  In testing other actions I can't tell you how often the other action appears due to conditions then disappears, only to have me accidentally select the Eject action :( 

Yeah the carrier.  I have that same model and had difficulty w/ that model and carrier placement scripts.  They worked then Jets DLC came out then they didn't work.  Frustrating.  Clever idea to swap the tower lol

On 4/17/2018 at 11:09 AM, LyotchikSniper said:

a little bit of humor (and only humor):

dozmOBnd9SA.jpg QIKa6A86z4E.jpg

w2A7LjThW3c.jpg KafkugnyNT0.jpg

UHwk--gy8Yk.jpg 

This OPFOR CSAT carrier should look like Chinese future carrier after Type002. It based on BI USS Freedom and use island from Ul'anovsk carrier:

y3X4z5zjdzg.jpg qj4-8_LiOek.jpg

Hmmm... Great idea 

What about modeling Russian next generation carrier called "Project 23000E or Shtorm" ?! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkm6zMHWoZE

I'm completely aware of how difficult it is ... but OPFOR really need an aircraft carrier in accordance with the reality

Hmmm, just came across this thread, and that aircraft carrier mockup... its better than what I had done with vanilla Arma3 assets

which was to just paper over the US decals with CSAT banners, and stick a chinese flag at the top :p

Spoiler

9D0A72421C3F93135DC6B566600CA79B609E4025

And since only the Black Wasp and Sentinel drone had hooks that worked with the BIS carrier, I added some set velocity triggers (that only fired when the heading and velocity were appropriate)... which actually made it easier to land on than the DLC system

3360448AB3B46990E46F3A2F48786F080A49E5EB

4EBD9A6C379B3B92E7350C223EC45A230FB60807

Does this T-50 have a hook for carrier landings, or will I need to make a trigger to enable it to land on a carrier?

• Like 1

On 24.04.2018 at 10:51 PM, Ex3B said:

its better than what I had done with vanilla Arma3 assets

What a pity that I don't have permission for sharing that Ul'anvsk part. Maybe later I develop my own carrier Island for vanilla USS Fredom with interriors, ladders etc. 

On 24.04.2018 at 10:51 PM, Ex3B said:

Does this T-50 have a hook

I already thought about creating Chinese CSAT faction Shenyang J-57 (licensed navy Su-57). But here is a big problem. PAKFA haven't enough place for hook on it's tailboom. I should remove one of the bays or do something else. 

UPD: Red Hummer Studios give me permission to use ZSh-7A helmet and Russian parachute standalone in my addon. Now Russian pilot look like this:

MBHmjRCl1DQ.jpg

And also I added emergency bag with AKS-74U, ammo and bandana. 

Gf_sOIJvfk4.jpg   wvyJAQEN4jk.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ah the wheels problem :)  I just copy what is in the shadow lod, make sure it is concave, etc. and paste it in the geo and geo physx lod's.  And make sure you have the edge/rim mem point as well as an axis in mem.  All of the Jets DLC planes used the exact same config "class wheels" even though they were all different weights.  I think it just has to be present.  I've seen some people trying to add "bouncy" dampers/shocks but I don't know how well those work.  Seems to work fine enough without dampers on the gear.

I added points, axis, damper animation and geometry from shadow lod only to geometry. Because then I trying to insert it in physx lod plane works incorrect. Now i can takeoff and taxing correctly, but plane sometimes jumps on the land, moving  and other issues. When i tested BI sample plane from Samples_F all work correctly, but then i step-by-step repeat it on my plane - something wrong. 

make sure the wheels are relatively level to each other on the horizon

I rotated model to change level of wheels, but now it look worse in flight :)

Oh no, don't rotate the model.  You have to extend the gear so that they are horizontally within about 0.25m of each other... looks strange on Gear Up but any more difference horizontally, and they tend to roll around.  The model has to remain level, no matter what.  Because Physx! :(

That jumping - I've seen that too.  I have been making very round wheels for that geo wheel.  It seems that makes most of the jumping/hopping go away.  Some have attempted to add actual dampers to their aircraft, but I haven't had the need to do that (yet).  In theory, adding dampers would fix that hopping even more.

13 hours ago, hcpookie said:

Oh no, don't rotate the model.

I rotated because prototype has big angle between wheels axle and hull (construction) axle. And If I follow the rule on wheels but don't rotate main model - I need to break real proportins. But now after take off I animate rotation to construction angle and flight looks nice. 

About jumping. I meant another. When PAKFA staying with throttle at "0" position or with engines turned off it jumps sometimes or moves forward jerkily on the small distance.

To be honest I too considered adding a rotation as you describe, but decided just to live with the visual issues on the gear.  Glad to know that works!  :)

Stationary bouncing - reduce your dampercoef and defaultdampersize or whatever those are in the plane's config.  That should stop it bouncing like that!

• Thanks 1

Would love to see your Sukhoi Su-57 model with new nozzles 

Vl1ZdqT.jpg

• Like 1