LyotchikSniper

PAK-FA (T-50) AddOn: Work in Progress

Press "7" on the video. Enjoy!

AWESOME!!!! Quite anxious for this update... have you fixed the afterburner "dragging" issue (when you use the AFT the manouvarability got kinda sluggish... it´s an old PshyX bug, Dezkit´s airplanes had it too...)???

[EDIT]: I´ve just noticed the update is already on steamworkshop (don´t forget to update the armaholic mirror too!!!!!) I´ll fly it up and give some feedback! Great! =)

[Edit2]: OK, I´ve flown it a bit, and it is awesome, almost complete! I´ve spotted 2 issues: a-) the pilot´s hand animation pulling the gear lever up or down isn´t working (the hand on MFD toggle map mode is working flawlessly thou) and B-) the PshyX afterburner dragging bug is still present (the PAK-FA turns slower with the afterburner on, it makes the plane shake a lot too), but the visual effect is great!

I hope you can talk to Saul and John_Spartan to implement a Service Menu funtionality and fix the afterburner (they´ve done it perfectly with their F/A-18 E/F/X and Su-35)

Keep up the great work!

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

Why you guys are still nagging for service menu? I thought that after marksman dlc there will be virtual hangar/garage thing, where you can customize ur vehicles and planes...?

Why you guys are still nagging for service menu? I thought that after marksman dlc there will be virtual hangar/garage thing, where you can customize ur vehicles and planes...?

So? The garage is the garage, the service menu is something completely diffrent. Its a script that can be activated during a mission. The garage is a seperate game mode.

You guys must not realize that the menu is almost a mod unto its own... very complicated, not just "a few scripts". It is quite involved and simply just too complicated for a "casual addition". And of course there is the question of whether the scripts would be allowed for use in other mods! While I have no visibility into the author's plans, I would suggest that you enjoy the plane "as is", and not get wrapped up around the "I hope there is a menu" discussion. The addon looks like a very good FREE addon! :)

;2900566']AWESOME!!!! Quite anxious for this update... have you fixed the afterburner "dragging" issue (when you use the AFT the manouvarability got kinda sluggish... it´s an old PshyX bug' date=' Dezkit´s airplanes had it too...)???

[EDIT']: I´ve just noticed the update is already on steamworkshop (don´t forget to update the armaholic mirror too!!!!!) I´ll fly it up and give some feedback! Great! =)

[Edit2]: OK, I´ve flown it a bit, and it is awesome, almost complete! I´ve spotted 2 issues: a-) the pilot´s hand animation pulling the gear lever up or down isn´t working (the hand on MFD toggle map mode is working flawlessly thou) and B-) the PshyX afterburner dragging bug is still present (the PAK-FA turns slower with the afterburner on, it makes the plane shake a lot too), but the visual effect is great!

I hope you can talk to Saul and John_Spartan to implement a Service Menu funtionality and fix the afterburner (they´ve done it perfectly with their F/A-18 E/F/X and Su-35)

Keep up the great work!

cheers!

The first rule of PAKFAight club is: you do not talk about addons by Saul and John_Spartan! :mad_o:

Scrip of afterburner used in John_Spartan addons was made by Gnat. I also use this script.

All bugs with AB script because my plane have physx simulation "airplaneX". Delete this simulation is very difficult for me. But apparently I have to do it.

About loadouts menu- I working on it, and it is very different from John_Spartan's. My menu is more similar to BIS virtual arsenal.

Update in steam workshop isn't current. When I make stable version of my addon, I'll add post to this topic with link.

1hIs0vk2tXo.jpg

Edited by LyotchikSniper

So? The garage is the garage, the service menu is something completely diffrent. Its a script that can be activated during a mission. The garage is a seperate game mode.

Idk if you know this - but Arsenal can be used in mission as well... And if I understood it right virtual hangar/garage most probably will be too.

@LyotchikSniper

Do you plan to make the T-50 harder to lock on?And maybe you could double the flares.

Idk if you know this - but Arsenal can be used in mission as well... And if I understood it right virtual hangar/garage most probably will be too.

My point is in garage you can just select loadouts and some diffrent paintjobs. As far as I know, and that's pretty much everything BI showed in the latest livestream, you can't determine which hardpoints you want filled with which ammo type.

@hcpookie: this addons isn´t very good... IT`S AWESOME =)

The first rule of PAKFAight club is: you do not talk about addons by Saul and John_Spartan!

@LyotchikSniper: sorry if I was misinterpreted, but I was in no way diminishing your mod, I was just suggesting a healthy level of cooperation between mods, and wasn´t suggesting using exactly J&S service menu but "a service menu functionality" i.e. something you can use during a ongoing missing... but you´ve stated you´re already working on it (I use a lot virtual arsenal on mission with MCC, so you´re doing similar like inserting the virtual garage on a mission), so that´s great ;)

I kinda knew this dragging was caused by airplaneX simulation on PshyX, but didn´t knew you were already using Gnat´s script... you don´t need to remove airplaneX, but tweak gnat´s script cus it has been used sucessfully with airplaneX before... well, ultimately BIS is to blame cus they´ve done a half arse job without including afterburning simulation on ariplaneX (all vanilla assets are CAS planes so they didn´t care about it... but they should have)

oooh, and as Octop01 said: "PAK-FA needs more FLARES" or at least make it harder to lock ;)

again, keep up the great work! (anxious to use it to drop USAF´s F22s from altian skies lol)

cheers and spasibo! =)

oooh, and as Octop01 said: "PAK-FA needs more FLARES" or at least make it harder to lock

Or maybe both :D

Ok. I added more flares. My only idea about "make it harder to lock" is add FAKE flares that will be shot every 5 seconds (or random from 1 to 10) without the participation of the player. It will prevent lock target.

About afterburn. I want delete afterburner action, and script, but make more thrust for standart flight. And I want add AB effect when player press "q" (or other trust key). This will work as if the pilot always uses afterburner when he increasing speed

Great idea with that "fake" flares.Since stealth is not simulated in Arma 3, this would make an actual difference between crap like the A-143 Buzzard and fifth generation fighters like the PAK-FA!

Ok. I added more flares. My only idea about "make it harder to lock" is add FAKE flares that will be shot every 5 seconds (or random from 1 to 10) without the participation of the player. It will prevent lock target.

About afterburn. I want delete afterburner action, and script, but make more thrust for standart flight. And I want add AB effect when player press "q" (or other trust key). This will work as if the pilot always uses afterburner when he increasing speed

Both ideas sounds interesting (and nice workarounds for engine limitations) lets try them =)

cheers!

Careful with extra flares. We added an 8x flare dispenser for the Mi28 (Rangemaster mod) and it was nearly invincible since you could never target it! :) 4x-6x flares seem to be the sweet spot for CM behavior/balance. YMMV of course :) You can also tweak the Accuracy settings to make it harder to detect by all AI modes. Not elegant, but still gets the job done.

We are also considering the "fake flares" solution for an ECM pod. The idea being you activate the ECM pod and it shoots via script a series of "fake flares". This would properly simulate an ECM pod, but have the unfortunate effect of requiring the weapon selection to use it. Again, not elegant but likely will work.

• Like 1

When you delete afterburner, will the top speed of ~1500km/h be achieved through "normal" flight?

Because i don't want the PAK FA to be slowed down, since i enjoy flying around at such speed.

He already added that exact skin/camo.You can find it under the PAK FA module as "Russian Air Forces (Dark grey)".

Also you have to use the steam workshop version because he has not yet updated the armaholic mirror.

He already added that exact skin/camo.You can find it under the PAK FA module as "Russian Air Forces (Dark grey)".

Also you have to use the steam workshop version because he has not yet updated the armaholic mirror.

First of all thank you Octop1 for inform me you made my day and Lytochik sorry didn't know you already do the skin thanks to you also ;)

Edited by SRBKnight
wrong word

Too much deadly T-50 is start to be impressive design of the model very detailed and great work ! :D

Excellent work!Eager to use this against the F-22 which will very soon be released by the USAF mod team.

Your progress is amazing.If you continue to work like this, this plane will eclipse even the FA/X 18 from Saul and Spartan in terms of features and quality.I have to thank you for putting so much work and love into this mod!:bounce3:

Custom rocket pylons for different weapons:

qNkTaWtYuXs.jpg

Edited by LyotchikSniper