Sign in to follow this  
BlackViperGaming

A3A (Arma 3 Actual)

No Longer Public Release Please Close Until Further Notice

Edited by BlackViperGaming
fixed

Love the NAME!

Honestly I just love the actual part... but there's no need to just say that now is there ;)

Edited by HitmanTwoActual

Havent you already created several threads of mod that didn't go forward? It's a awesome idea like the others but do you already have a team for it?

This sounds too good to be true. Very ambitious for a one man team.

I had the same idea while ago, started researching and do little changes/tweaks here and there, but then I realised it was a bit too ambitious for starters. The amount of work there is ahead of you is heaps, not to mention creating new content - using oxygen, making some nice skins for them in photoshop, etc. Plus not having extra pair of hands to help just makes it even more burdening. You'd have to bee really keen and dedicated to get this done up to a high standard of quality. Then again if you actually enjoy doing it and its a hobby of yours (like gaming is to all of us) then you'd certainly be up for it.

Id certainly keep an eye on the development of this mod. Wish you best of luck buddy! :icon14:

Good luck with the mod. But as others have said, it's very ambitious.

Maybe develop some of the stuff you're talking about to show you mean business, that might gain you some traction with getting people on board.

It also depends on your approach. We already have a lot of that content ingame, (ex aggressors mod, hmmwvs, weapons, aircraft, Mich helmets, etc) so I'm unsure if your just planning on asking all these authors to allow you to bring it all together or what. It would be the most ideal option, and would save a whole bunch of work. As for making actual gameplay adjustments, your going to have to find some dedicated, not to mention experienced, scripters. I do wish you the best of luck, and I admire your ambition to contribute to the Arma series. :)

Havent you already created several threads of mod that didn't go forward? It's a awesome idea like the others but do you already have a team for it?

Yes, That was me, but I have revised several things and decided where I wanted this to go. And now that I have time for this because school is out for a while I can actually begin development on this. Also the team part, I have a few people that I work with currently but ever so slowly the team will get larger and become an actual modding team.

This sounds too good to be true. Very ambitious for a one man team.

Please see above.

I had the same idea while ago, started researching and do little changes/tweaks here and there, but then I realised it was a bit too ambitious for starters. The amount of work there is ahead of you is heaps, not to mention creating new content - using oxygen, making some nice skins for them in photoshop, etc. Plus not having extra pair of hands to help just makes it even more burdening. You'd have to bee really keen and dedicated to get this done up to a high standard of quality. Then again if you actually enjoy doing it and its a hobby of yours (like gaming is to all of us) then you'd certainly be up for it.

Id certainly keep an eye on the development of this mod. Wish you best of luck buddy! :icon14:

Thanks man, ever since BI released the new tools I actually have gotten more into wanting to mod, because the old tools seemed very confusing and ill documented. Now I have quite a few friends like Bushlurker and M1lkm8n and RichardsD who actually help out quite a bit.

The mod name is pretty pretentious. Who are you to say what ArmA 3 should have been?

That's a nice idea.... However, usually this goal is achieved by a greater more experienced team such as the ACE team who even still, from what I can see, implement other people's mods alongside their own core modifications.

As for these new tools that you say BI have released, could you link please, cos last I heard, BI Tools 2.5 was the current release and they're definitely not new ( https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BI_Tools_2.5 ).

You will also find that Quadbikes , hunters, and little birds (and a lot more vehicles) do exist in today's world, and last time I checked China was not an enemy of the states, however more North Korea who would get shat upon if they actually tried to attack. As for renaming, what would you rename a quad to? A four-wheeled death trap? There is a mod out there that now provides a medical system and at the same time creates a more immersive experience while also renaming weapons to their actual names (e.g. PO7 pistol to P99G pistol).

So like I say, it's a great idea, but in this world of work, I'd advise you to start small by making one mod, then growing from there, cos jumping in at the deep end on your own, you'll find, everyone will release your ideas years ahead of you and with more efficiency and interest.

Who are you to say what ArmA 3 should have been?

On the other hand, what kind of modder would he become, if he did not?

Sorry for going off-topic but this has to be the best post ever.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

The mod name is pretty pretentious. Who are you to say what ArmA 3 should have been?

He didn't come up with the name, it took two pages of other people's suggestions in another one of his vaporware threads. Getting other people to do the work is a recurring theme.

yup. pretty awesome post :thumbsup:

A3A ArmA 3 Actual

A3A will be based mainly around recreating everything in “modern time†rather than “near future†like Arma 3 is. This is 2014, not 2035. It will also be highly based around realism, meaning: very minimal hud, realistic stamina, realistic damage and medical portions, possibly eliminating 3rd person(still under consideration), realistic armor (possibly), better looking lighting(sunset, morning etc), amazing sounds(possibly JSRS or ACSE will be contacting those respective developers), etc. A3A will also be focusing highly on the civilian aspect of the game, adding many real life civilian cars, trucks, suv’s, boats, helicopters, planes, etc.

But by the time you finish it may be 2020...Just saying... As for the "lighting"? TrueSky IS the best.Ambiance is fine in A3.The game has never been better on that and other than getting somebody like Fabio_c doing some "stylistic" stuff... But I gather this is for PvP? I see nothing about AI.

First off all units/weapons/vehicles that are in vanilla Arma 3 will be either renamed to their real-life equivalent or removed entirely. Secondly we will start from the ground up to create NATO, most of the large countries that make up NATO and their military groups, weaponry, weapons etc. First of all A3A will be focusing on the US Military, including all groups: Army, Air Force, Marines etc. including their respective general groups(going in depth but not so far as to do individual platoons squads etc. From there we will go on to include opposing forces such as Russia, China, Al-Qaeda, etc.
Kinda Boring...No SOCOM. If you don't create Detachments of SF, then its Marines with m16s? Why? Realism... I never really thought playing a marine pvt standing guard for hours was much fun for my game time....

And that is the only issue i have is will it be a fun mod, or just another A1 regular solder remash; no cool modern equipment because average joe marine doesn't get it. I am proud to be a Kowboy with the coolist shit. Good luck

kk

This guy already made like 2 or three posts of this stuff,

he wanted to include like 40 factions. It was some totally ridiclous idea.

Honestly Blackviper, make a smaller mod first.

Make one faction, one vehicle, some textures whatever.

But this is not going to happen, not unless you actually get some experience modding first, I have seen your other threads its mostly the same concept.

Take my advice and start small, I think this will end up being a waste of your time,

you are not explicitly known as a trusted memeber of the community or an experienced modder, this makes it very unlikley people are going to give you their content, this is why you need to

establish a reputation first, make some mods that people would enjoy before jumping into this big project (again) with only 1 person as far as it seems.

You will have much better luck on a smaller scale, I think that from seeing you make posts that at least indicate you read many mod threads, you should understand that by now.

That's a nice idea.... However, usually this goal is achieved by a greater more experienced team such as the ACE team who even still, from what I can see, implement other people's mods alongside their own core modifications.

As for these new tools that you say BI have released, could you link please, cos last I heard, BI Tools 2.5 was the current release and they're definitely not new ( https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BI_Tools_2.5 ).

You will also find that Quadbikes , hunters, and little birds (and a lot more vehicles) do exist in today's world, and last time I checked China was not an enemy of the states, however more North Korea who would get shat upon if they actually tried to attack. As for renaming, what would you rename a quad to? A four-wheeled death trap? There is a mod out there that now provides a medical system and at the same time creates a more immersive experience while also renaming weapons to their actual names (e.g. PO7 pistol to P99G pistol).

So like I say, it's a great idea, but in this world of work, I'd advise you to start small by making one mod, then growing from there, cos jumping in at the deep end on your own, you'll find, everyone will release your ideas years ahead of you and with more efficiency and interest.

Here is the link for the Arma 3 tools, not sure if this is the same as 2.5 but it is definetly better in areas than the Arma 2 tools. http://steamdb.info/app/233800/

Also If you read the thread, you would have seen that I said:

First off all units/weapons/vehicles that are in vanilla Arma 3 will be either renamed to their real-life equivalent or removed entirely.
I mean that yes I realize that a lot of the vehicles do exist, they will simply be renamed to their real life variants. As far as enemies, I really only put China because its what popped into my head at the time, and yes it will be changed to North Korea, much better suggestion thanks!
But by the time you finish it may be 2020...Just saying... As for the "lighting"? TrueSky IS the best.Ambiance is fine in A3.The game has never been better on that and other than getting somebody like Fabio_c doing some "stylistic" stuff... But I gather this is for PvP? I see nothing about AI.

Kinda Boring...No SOCOM. If you don't create Detachments of SF, then its Marines with m16s? Why? Realism... I never really thought playing a marine pvt standing guard for hours was much fun for my game time....

And that is the only issue i have is will it be a fun mod, or just another A1 regular solder remash; no cool modern equipment because average joe marine doesn't get it. I am proud to be a Kowboy with the coolist shit. Good luck

kk

Thanks, and yes I do plan to include Special Forces as well, at a later date I intend to put a full list together into a spoiler showing all of the factions, groups etc. And there will definitely be modern equipment, I just haven't gone into much detail on it yet.

This guy already made like 2 or three posts of this stuff,

he wanted to include like 40 factions. It was some totally ridiclous idea.

Honestly Blackviper, make a smaller mod first.

Make one faction, one vehicle, some textures whatever.

But this is not going to happen, not unless you actually get some experience modding first, I have seen your other threads its mostly the same concept.

Take my advice and start small, I think this will end up being a waste of your time,

you are not explicitly known as a trusted memeber of the community or an experienced modder, this makes it very unlikley people are going to give you their content, this is why you need to

establish a reputation first, make some mods that people would enjoy before jumping into this big project (again) with only 1 person as far as it seems.

You will have much better luck on a smaller scale, I think that from seeing you make posts that at least indicate you read many mod threads, you should understand that by now.

It was 2 posts, to gather my ideas together and see how the community would react to an idea like this. Also if you read the original post you would have noticed that I specifically said that it would start off small, and grow as time goes on. I realize this is a very large undertaking but I am willing to take the challenge. As far as it goes, currently I actually have permission from quite a few people to use their addons within my mod, the majority of the work for the first while is literally only configuring. I will go step by step. And if people want to help out so be it. But for now I would like to kindly ask you to refrain posting things like this which are demeaning to my hard work on my thread. Thanks

-Black Viper

All vehicles other than the Mi-48 exist, i can give the real names of a few

Ifrit-Ansyr

Hunter-MATV

Strider-Fennek

Slammer-Merkava IV

T-100-Black Eagle prototype

Kuma-Leopard 2a7

Blackfoot-RAH 66 Commanche

Hellcat-AW159 Wildcat

Pawnee/Hummingbird-Littlebird

P30 Orca-KA-60

Marshall-(heres a list and country, original=Patria, USMC=HAVOC, Polish=Rosomark)

Marid-Otokar Arma

Gorgon-Pandur II

thats just a few

Ifrit-Ansyr

Hunter-MATV

Strider-Fennek

Slammer-Merkava IV

Kuma-Leopard 2a7

Hellcat-AW159 Wildcat

P30 Orca-KA-60

Marshall-(heres a list and country, original=Patria, USMC=HAVOC, Polish=Rosomark)

Marid-Otokar Arma

Gorgon-Pandur II

thats just a few

Actually the Kuma is the Leopard 2A4 NG.

The more ya know. :)

Actually the Kuma is the Leopard 2A4 NG.

The more ya know. :)

they look near same so my guess its interchangeable

@BlackViperGaming, as a mod developer (well more of a code monkey) that works on ballistics, I wish you the best of luck, if your goal is to re-write the medical, armor, and damage code of ArmA that also means you have to come up with a new ballistics profile and just getting the proper values for ArmA III with BIS's system is time consuming already. The ACE team WAS the community at its finest all working together to achieve that 1 goal, make ArmA a real simulator and it succeeded but only after YEARS of development. We all miss ACE and are striving in our own way to help bring that back (ALIVE Team, X-Med Team, Robert Hammer, HLC Team, and many many other well established modders); however disregarding 3rd party assistance would be shooting your self in the foot, I can't speak for any other mod developer out there but just be careful about how you word things and where you give credit to their contributions and that its given where it is due. I wish you the best of luck with your current endeavor.

I'm finding that while we're suggesting things that already exist, we're just fuelling you to practically steal those ideas and use them in your own weird mod. My advice would be: make a mod that is unique that people will use if they want an added extra to the immersion of gameplay, but make sure its something basic and that you personally can do on your own. Then, once its published, we can see how useful you'd really be in a team of modders or whether you'd just rely on the other members in your team to do all the hard work... And thanks for the A3 tools link

Ifrit-Ansyr

Hunter-MATV

Strider-Fennek

Slammer-Merkava IV

Kuma-Leopard 2a7

Hellcat-AW159 Wildcat

P30 Orca-KA-60

Marid-Otokar Arma

Gorgon-Pandur II

thats just a few

..and the Commanche doesnt actually exist today. There was only 2 built as protoypes and I believe they've either been disposed of or kept in a secret facility way from our eyes. :)

UPDATE:

A3A is still in production and will not be halted anytime soon.

A3A will still continue to be produced and will be released within my community but will not be making a public release. This is how it stands currently and will most likely stay this way. Again if you would like to be a part of it please just send me a PM or if you want to be able to DL the mod you must PM me and we might be able to work something out.

-Viper

Why would you even announce this? "I have a mod that none of you can have. Bye!"

Edited by zooloo75