Sign in to follow this  
striike

Role Selection Screen is blank.

I am not sure when it happened, but I noticed it shortly after the Kart update, I cannot host a multiplayer game anymore (Steam or Gamespy). Whenever I select internet, and go in to the Role Selection, the roles are all missing. If I back out, and do it as a LAN they all show. I have tried re-downloading and installing ARMA 3, and I have ensured I am not on the Dev build and no addons are running. I have several other friends with the same issue. I can join a multiplayer server no problem, I just cannot host one.

So to be clear, vanilla ARMA 3, 1.20.124746, I cannot host any multiplayer game over the internet.

http://grab.by/xyB4

Not spamming, just subscribing.

I gotta say, this is starting to piss me off. Not one response to this thread, telling me either no one else is having this problem, or no one cares. This has been going on for nearly a month now. Is there a better way to get help?

I'm having the same issue, looking for a fix now.

Thanks, I hope you have better luck than me. I have posted over at Armaholic, got some responses, but no fixes, and have posted in the feedback tracker. If you figure this out, you will be mine, and my friend's hero. I have tried:

1. Uninstalled ARMA 3

2. Deleted both ARMA 3 folders from my documents.

3. Deleted the ARMA 3 folder from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\

4. Deleted ARMA 3 folder from C:\Users\Lang\AppData\Local\Arma 3

5. Deleted everything ARMA 3 from RegEdit

6. Re-downloaded ARMA 3

7. Installed ARMA 3, then ran it.

8. Click on Multiplayer, New, change from LAN to Internet.

9. Picked any mission, including editor (none of them work).

10. I get a blank role selection screen. If I hit ok, it says no players.

Unfortunately no luck yet on my end.

It seemed to start happening when the patch was added that made it possible to use Steam instead of Gamespy when hosting. I'm guessing it's at the heart of the issue.

I get a 6-8 second pause when I click 'OK' on the Setup Server screen which I don't remember getting before this issue. I'm thinking it's trying to communicate with something and failing.

Are you sitting behind a firewall at all? I am but I have had no issue with it the past, I tried opening all the ports I could find connected to Arma3 and Steam but it was no help.

I am behind a firewall, but have the the ports open (2302-2305). If my friends simply couldn't see my server, I'd think it was firewall. But I cannot even join my own multiplayer match, role selection is as far as I get.

Im having the same issue. just happened today and NO solution found. Tried switching to DEV version and back with no luck. I am completely lost on this. i can host LAN, can play single player, can host when opted in on DEV version .. but cannot host once i switch back to non-DEV, tried everything within reason .. someone please help!

Edited by salvo85
subscribing

Im having the same issue. just happened today and NO solution found. Tried switching to DEV version and back with no luck. I am completely lost on this. i can host LAN, can play single player, can host when opted in on DEV version .. but cannot host once i switch back to non-DEV, tried everything within reason .. someone please help!

Just confirmed this. I switched to Dev build, and now I can host a game. I switch back, and role selection on "internet" is blank again.

Hey striike, I dont know /what/ i did but im able to host again, the only things i've done to change my game is i unsubscribed from DUWS modified on the workshop, I downloaded a mod manager called ARMA sync (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22199) and used that to launch the game recently rather than the actual shortcut. ive also spent a LOT of time playing in my friends hosted version of the same thing so im not sure if it just sort of worked itself out playing on other peoples identical server set up or the mod manager or if it was the workshop item (which i had uninstalled and tried to do before with no sucess) sorry i cant say more but these are the only things i've really done.

@salvo85 - Thanks for the response, but it looks like Bohemian fixed it. I have done nothing to my game past what I already mentioned. I left for the weekend and it was broke. Came back today and its fixed.

Mine seems to be working since the last patch too, guess they fixed it. Unfortunately now no one can see my games...I'm starting to miss gamespy.

I am hoping someone can offer some technical advice. This issue is still occuring for me. I have tried most, still waiting to try that other arma 3 launcher sync, steps listed in this thread and I simply cannot get anything to display under Role Selection.

I have opened ports as required but even the built in missions from BIS take me to a blank Role Selection screen.

I appreciate if anyone has some actual technical knowledge as to why this is happening and possible fix?

I am hoping someone can offer some technical advice. This issue is still occuring for me. I have tried most, still waiting to try that other arma 3 launcher sync, steps listed in this thread and I simply cannot get anything to display under Role Selection.

I have opened ports as required but even the built in missions from BIS take me to a blank Role Selection screen.

I appreciate if anyone has some actual technical knowledge as to why this is happening and possible fix?

Just in case, you are updated to the latest version? Beyond that I never found a solution, it just fixed in the patch. Sorry.

So role selection you guys are talking about deals with a mission you built or are playing with the Karts dlc?

Is it coop?

So role selection you guys are talking about deals with a mission you built or are playing with the Karts dlc?

Is it coop?

I am at the current version of both Steam and ARMA 3. Last night I spent about 2 hours deleting every file, registry key etc from Steam and ARMA. I then proceeded to fully re-install everything and I still get nothing, not even the coop missions provided by BI i.e. Escape Stratis At All Costs

I am not playing with Karts DLC and the missions I am attempting to play if you would like a specific example would be Assault on Zargabad 2.

I am just stumped, I have checked ports everything...

Heres a test for you, build a small coop:

1. just pick a map, put a player (bluefor), and few playable units down.
  2. then create a description.ext this is done by starting a notepad doc and then naming it description.ext

Add these codes to the description.ext you made:

respawn = base;

respawndelay = 5;

save and put the description.ext in your mission folder.

3. next place a marker on the map where you want to respawn and name it:  respawn_west

4. save, exit, and then start the mission and see if any slots show listed.

The slots will be based on the number of players you put down.

Host the mission through MP lan and play it and see what you get.

I tell you this as this is just a simple test you can do to make sure its not something else, if this works then theres something else interfering.

It could also be because the latest update to the game is messing something up on your end, if theres certain missions you are playing that your getting the no slot

issue with then it could be something with those missions, or maybe the way your loading them, but just make that test mission, or I will for you if need be and see what you get.

Your thoughts.

ps. also no need to quote me when my post is right above yours, thats why its called a reply on the forum because your replying :)

I konw that this is an older Thread but

since 3 Days I can´t join any Servers, always I get a Blank Lobby Screen, if I press Ok, the Loading Screen is showing up but nothing happend and than I get kicked back to the Serverlist.

I was trying to join a lot of different Servers but always the same.
The Ping to the Servers I connect is between 15 and 90.

Than i was trying to re-install ArmA III/ Mods / Steam / BE, but nothing happend.

I was checking AV/Firewall, but after the same problem there.

I didn´t find anything in other Forums that helps me.

Also I start Steam and ArmA as Administrator and i clear the gamecache.

I upgrade also win8 to win10 but every time the role assignment is blank.

I fixed the Problem, It was the DS-Lite IPv6, my Provider was changing to DualStack-Lite.

When i realized it, i was trying to connect from the neighbours connection, he used standard IPv4

and it was working.

So i was telling my Provider the problem and he change back to IPv4 at my home and now it works perfektly again.

Hello, sorry for necroposting.

since I am not able to make a new topic (...) I chose this post because it fits my problem at least a bit.

I had to create a new server for our clan. everythings running fine until i place any mod module (by eden or by editing the mission.sqm doesnt matter). for test reasons i tried either tfar and ace3 on their newest version.

the server is hosted by ngz and is a game server (no root). 

The player slots disappear and the role selection screen is blank until i delete the modules from the mission. then the slots are back again...

this is the first server i made and i dont know what im doing wrong.

could someone please help me?

thank you

Our group just encountered this problem as well with the CUP update from yesterday, I don't believe there was an update to A3 itself. Newly created missions with modules or without, made from either editor however will work. If anyone can shed any light on this that would be great, thanks.

Still getting this issue after the update yesterday :\

I just had the same problem develop magically overnight on the latest A3 release.  On my end it was network protection related.  After removing old Arma related exclusions and making brand new ones with TCP and UDP 2302-2303 ports allowed in Windows Firewall and my anti-virus software, it’s working again.  My anti-virus software was also apparently downloading an update for itself when this happened, so it may have interfered.  Either way, it's probably good to clean out old exclusions and try again, especially if old exclusions didn't specify the allowed ports.
good luck,
-Stick