Sign in to follow this  
JohnKalo

Online multiplayer

Today I tried to play multiplayer online. I was aware that due to the Gamespy closure there would be a problem with finding a server. A problem which was supposed to be fixed if the players knew about the specific IP address of the server.

And what I get when I try playing online is the message "Online support for Take on Helicopters no longer available."

And what comes to mind is that this is not one of my problems alone but that this is a problem that everyone is having.

So what is going on?

BI have you totally abandoned us?

Have we bought a game that had an expiring date?

And we weren't aware of it?

I mean this isn't exactly an old game. BI was supposed to have a big success with Arma 3. Why on earth can't they support TOH any more?

I really hope that this is a temporary issue because it is extremely frustrating and unacceptable as well.

I have paid a big enough amount of money for this game and I would really like to be able to play with friends. Something which is obvious for pc games.

I am truly disappointed with BI and I hope they will fix this embarrassing situation.

I feel the same way. It is just too bad. This game is great. The least BIS could do is to release the content to the public like the did with arma 2. So that people can bring some of the stuff from take on to arma 3

Edited by Odyseus

TOH bought as ARMA 2, ARMA3 exactly as multiplayer simulator. Immodest gave 40 euro.

After disabling multipleera, feel cheated.

The least they could do would be to inform the public that multiplayer is no longer available.

It is impossible for a new buyer to know such a thing before he enters the forums.

This is extremely frustrating. BI is trying to trick people in buying this game. Shame on them.:mad:

And all of this with Arma 3 not having the slightest realism in helicopter flying. Not even with a mod!!!

No wonder why BI is not as well known as other game developers. Abandoning players just like that? Not something a good company would do. I mean I even convinced other guys to buy this game.

What on earth?

You should be able to play multiplayer in Take On Helicopters even after Gamespy has ended operations. If you want to host your server (listen server or dedicated server), you need to ensure the ports required for multiplayer are open in your firewall/router settings.

In order to join a server, you need to know its IP address and port used.

We are also providing this website for people to be able to register and find servers http://master.bistudio.com/

But I have played TOH many times and nothing as such has occurred.

Here is the message that I get:

TakeOnH2014-06-0915-33-13-61_zps1c5e2aa3.jpg

Can anybody else play online???

But I have played TOH many times and nothing as such has occurred.

Here is the message that I get:

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b605/Helorocker/TakeOnH2014-06-0915-33-13-61_zps1c5e2aa3.jpg

Can anybody else play online???

This message is caused by the fact Gamespy matchmaking is no longer availlable for this game but it does not prevent you from going to Remote and typing there IP and port of server you would like to join. That said, mp was played only by very limited audience in TKOH and there were not that many servers. I can see only one server registered here http://master.bistudio.com/ and I have succesfuly tried to connect to this one server.

Just add a simple little text file to your TKOH game folder called "hosts.txt" with the ip and ports of the servers you play on.

They will all be listed in the LAN browser ingame as you are used to having them.

This appears to work for all the BIS games now dropped from gamespy.

Just add a simple little text file to your TKOH game folder called "hosts.txt" with the ip and ports of the servers you play on.

They will all be listed in the LAN browser ingame as you are used to having them.

This appears to work for all the BIS games now dropped from gamespy.

True, this can be very good solution for popular servers, see also https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/hosts.txt for more detailed information and example how to use it.

This message is caused by the fact Gamespy matchmaking is no longer availlable for this game but it does not prevent you from going to Remote and typing there IP and port of server you would like to join.

I will try it out as soon as we can find the time to play.

That said, mp was played only by very limited audience in TKOH and there were not that many servers

That is true.

Thanks for the tip.

In conclusion, if it finally works, it is my bad for reporting that online multiplayer is not working.

My apologies.:)

Although it wasn't really clear...