ESM_LORD

88th Co."Walking Death" - CTF mission pack and template v1.0

From the 88th Co. "Walking Death" eSports Club, we are proud to announce that finally the "PvP community of Arma 3" has a Capture The Flag (CTF) mode realistic and 100% operational by the work of our partner [88] Murcielago.

88logo200x200_blanc.png

We would like to highlight that in the version used by the 88th Co. we have limited some of the news in order to be as competitive as possible and closely matches to the CTF old school.

If you want to enjoy all the new features of the original template as to kill with knife ,flag location on the map in real-time, positioning of team's peers and many more ... get in touch with [88] Murcielago through our forum: www.88th.es

MANW_M.png

This light Infantry version of CTF implements the following new features and changes:

• By capturing the flag you will get a "backpack" with corresponding flag printed on the same side.
  • You can choose the flag / backpack from a total of 33 countries.
  • The backpack can be released at any time if they want to pass to a teammate.
  • This shall be for 1.30 min in the ground before it automatically returns to the mast.
  • Weapons and limited accessories.
  • Respawn zone in a protected area of immortality within 3m.
  • Map's Code optimized to avoid slowness (LAG) on servers.
  • ... and all the common features of a traditional CTF!

* More info: CTF MISSIONS FOR ARMA 3 BY 88TH CO.

Our new missions pack contains 15 CTF maps. Download link: 88 CTF - Mission pack and template v3.91

Downloa:88th Infantry Tournament maps v2.41

88_download_ctf_1.png

Please, if you liked the game mode done by Murcielago, support the work by voting at MAKE ARMA NOT WAR contest.

murcielago.png

Gratitude to all the people who participated in maps testing and especially to [88] Kinno and of course, the creator of the template [88] Murcielago.

Regards,

88th Co."Walking Death" eSports Club

www.88th.es

Edited by 88_LORD
NO FATIGUE - Mission pack updatet v3.91

Good morning!

I'm very happy and pleased to share this hard job with you. It makes me feel a little bit embarrassed if I think on how many hours I spend on creating it, but quality has a price.

I'm here to talk about hard job... and how easy is to create a new Capture The Flag mission thanks to the CTF template! Yes! CTF Template. A mission folder has been included to allow users to create a new mission. This template will allow you to move the common CTF objects to your desired new location, then you can add the limits finally you can copy the rest of files from another CTF mission and it will work! For example the intro camera is created thanks to 3 objects. Currently 99% of the mission creation can be done only using the mission editor (To place the green and blue marker zones and to modify the “combat zone ring†you must edit the “Init.sqf†file)

Have fun and enjoy with us the pleasure of playing Arma 3 with maximum FPS and minimum lag!

this Is awesome Murcielago and 88lord I host all of Murcielago mission on my server, (BOOTCAMP).

I might just redo all my ctf to use the back pack ... its an awesome system.. thankyou for making your scripts public and sharing to comuinity.

Thaaanks!

It is hard to see that no one posted anything here or in the YouTube video!

I have a heart guys! ;)

It has been a complex heavy work! This CTF mission system does not have anything to do with Bohemia Interactive CTF system. Only making the textures for the backpacks took me some time but, that is what you need to do when you try go the extra mile... TODAY!

I let you know that we are having more CTF maps coming... and with updates!

. AUTOMATIC FLEXIBLE LIMIT system!

. New uniforms to make it even more professional/hardcore!

. Code improvements:

- No triggers!

- No eventhandlers!

- Only 2 public variables!

- New secret feature... ;)

- Team work! I do the codes and systems and [88] LORD and [88] Jeriko are making the missions.

All to achieve a hardcore CTF experience with MAXIMUM FPS and MINIMUM LAG!

Dear guys, if you are interested to use the CTF template please just wait... DO NOT USE THE SPHERES! There is no need as the NEW automatic limit system based on flags does everything! Just add the buildings and objects and I guess in one/two weeks I will be able to share the truly pure hardcore CTF system. The “non-hardcore†one will come later! ;)

I do not want to looks like coky but I hope people take some ideas and codes from the CTF system to make high performance missions for Arma 3. This is my new goal... I already made my dream come true by having an interview with Bohemia! I will ALWAYS remember it!

I'm happy helping people from teams that want to use the CTF system I created. In addition I will love to see people improving it with their ideas and/or helping me to translate to more languages!

The more feedback the more I will give you guys!

Please vote me to keep this crazy guy creating things for Arma!

http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/ZPHKLjsfVq#.U5t9Z_ldVqB

Look for the 88th Co. CTF server to contact us or just to enjoy a nice serious CTF match experience! Sometimes we try the new versions in public!

Any questions about the CTF mission system -> mgllgm@hotmail.com

Thanks for your time

Murcielago

Hello guys,

if somone want test or arrange a friendly match let me know via PM or visit us at www.88th.es

CTF MATCH SETTING A RULESTHE ACTUAL MATCH

 All matches require 2 rounds (30 min each round) to be played. When starting a match the home team has the pick of which side they want to play first during the first round. After the first round, teams will swap sides.

 If a player disconnects within 5 minutes then a restart is obligatory and only one restart per round per team is allowed. No restarts after 5 minutes of play are allowed.

WIN, LOST, OR DRAW CRITERIA

 Most Flags in the 2 rounds = Win

 If flags are equal (=) the most flag touches = Win

 If flag touch are equal (=) Draw

Points added for:

Flags: 1 point

Flag Touches: 1 point

SERVER SETTINGS

 The Server must be Password protected and locked prior to commencement of play.

 Server should have 3rd person view disabled, and have the map set to Mercenary mode.

 In the event of a major ping discrepancy, (+/- 100ms Average difference between teams), lag or desync problems another server must be used unless both Teams agree that the match should proceed.

 Clients should not be running any modifications. Addon signature verification is advised to be used for checking.

THE ACTUAL MATCH

 All matches require 2 rounds to be played. When starting a match the home team has the pick of which side they want to play first during the first round. After the first round, teams will swap sides.

 If a player disconnects within 5 minutes then a restart is obligatory and only one restart per round per team is allowed.. No restarts after 5 minutes of play are allowed.

JOIN IN PROGRESS

 JIP is allowed but during the rount you are not allowed to change a player

Best

Edited by 88_LORD

NEW VIDEO, NEW FEATURES and 3 EXTRA MAPS!!!! :yay:

Capture The Flag mission engine now reaches version 2.21! TrackingCAM (Spectator mode) is here to stay. This new version includes new maps and features to make the CTF engine mission even better!

Added 3 extra maps (15 maps):

88CTF_Colosseum_XS.Stratis (NEW)

88CTF_Girna_M.Stratis

88CTF_SandRiver_M.Stratis

88CTF_Feres_S.Altis

88CTF_Frini_M.Altis

88CTF_Gravia_S.Altis

88CTF_Ifestiona_S.Altis (NEW)

88CTF_LaMina_XS.Altis (NEW)

88CTF_Neochori_S.Altis

88CTF_PowerPlant_XS.Altis

88CTF_ShutterIsland_M.Altis

88CTF_Storage_S.Altis

88CTF_TheFactory_S.Altis

88CTF_TheHill_M.Altis

88CTF_Zaros_S.Altis

Added TrackingCAM (Spectator mode) and some other improvements to polish even more the Capture The Flag mission engine.

Every map has 24 for slots and like always you will have the best multiplayer performance for a mission as complex as the CTF game engine ;)

I'm sorry... I even forgot to talk about the dedicated Capture The Flag table! This table is independent of the Arma score table and it will count, without errors, the deaths, kills... and captured flags, touches, friendly kills for every player! (You can see the CTF table at the end of the video)

Thanks for your time!

Murcielago

DOWNLOAD LINK WILL BE RELEASED SOON! (Armaholic.com)

Edited by Murcielago_ESP

Hi,

we have released some new CTF maps for 24 palyers. (IMPORTANT - they are NOT the offcial 88th Infantry Tournament2014 maps) . Capture The Flag mission engine now reaches version 2.21! TrackingCAM (Spectator mode) is here to stay. This new version includes new maps and features to make the CTF engine mission even better!

Download Link: [88] CTF - Mission pack and template v2.21 [3.2MB]

Added 3 extra maps (15 maps):

[88] CTF - Colosseum [XS] - new

[88] CTF - Feres

[88] CTF - Frini [M]

[88] CTF - Girna [M]

[88] CTF - Gravia

[88] CTF - Ifestiona - new

[88] CTF - La Mina [XS] - new

[88] CTF - Neochori

[88] CTF - Power Plant [XS]

[88] CTF - Sand River[M]

[88] CTF - Shutter Island [M]

[88] CTF - Storage

[88] CTF - The Factory

[88] CTF - The Hill [M]

[88] CTF - Zaros

Added TrackingCAM (Spectator mode) and some other improvements to polish even more the Capture The Flag mission engine.

Every map has 24 slots and like always you will have the best multiplayer performance for a mission as complex as the CTF game engine

I'm sorry... I even forgot to talk about the dedicated Capture The Flag table! This table is independent of the Arma score table and it will count, without errors, the deaths, kills... and captured flags, touches, friendly kills for every player! (You can see the CTF table at the end of the video)

Best Regars

Edited by 88_LORD

Looks great :)

Good work :cool:

Guys the public Murcielago's "pack" or/and the tournament has the *new fatigue

and sway system enabled or disabled? (VERY curious)

Hi GiorgyGR,

yes is all enable. We dont change Arma 3 gameplay. Hope that in the future BIS want make the "fatigue" sistem more realistic and playable. It's a shame to see how a soldier is not able to run 20m without vomiting. In OFP, Arma 1 and Arma 2 the fatigue was perfect!

Best

Hi GiorgyGR,

yes is all enable. We dont change Arma 3 gameplay. Hope that in the future BIS want make the "fatigue" sistem more realistic and playable. It's a shame to see how a soldier is not able to run 20m without vomiting.

Although THERE IS a way to disable the damn thing..i dont

think changes made by BI in the future will be drastic-providing a nice balance.

I believe all community feedback about the "Fatigue&Sway system" has been done by people playing mostly (if not only) COOP's and SP.

I (as you) have spend thousands of hours in the "fast paced" side of ARMA with CTF's and TDM's

Concluding..

This Fatigue system is VERY good (i play COOP's sometimes)..but it shouldn't been NEVER enabled by Default and should have been placeable like the module on ACE mod back there.

I will ask you to consider talking with Murcielago about this.

Edited by GiorgyGR

Hello,

the 88th Co. CTF map pack 2014 project has been created by a team who have passion for PvP and by a guy who has passion for making code.

This map pack contains the last revision of the CTF mission engine based on the 88th Infantry Tournament maps.

News on this version

• Fatigue has been removed by default. Now is a mission parameter and by removing the Arma 3 fatigue system the gameplay has been increased a lot
  • Pack of 15 CTF maps for Arma 3 at Altis and Stratis. They are limited to 28 slots, 12 for eache side and 4 for the TrackingCAM.

CTF v3.36 [88] CTF - Official Maps

Official eSports hardcore version with no help systems.

CTFM v3.36 [Murciealgo] CTF - Officias Maps

Version†including help systems to make it easier for new players that start playing may be the most competitive game type, Capture The Flag. It also features Team Killer Lock (This is an automatic system that punish team killers but also feature a FORGIVE feature)

Changes for the CTF and CTFM

CTF v3.36 [88] CTF - Official Maps

• Increased number of players for all maps to 24 (+4 TrackingCAM slots)
  • Arma 3 fatigue removed by default (Mission parameter)
  • Included a new special weapon (One for each side: MX_GL)
  • Included a new country, South Korea.
  • Code used to control presence of the special weapons has been improved.
  • Tweaked the code to handle respawn.
  • CTF background info now has the color or your side, blue for American team and green for resistance team. Like always your side is on the left of the CTF info.
  • Introduced all the great features from the 88th Infantry Tournament missions:
  • TrackingCAM (Spectator mode) Improved code and added features! Now you can select players by clicking over them on the map! It also allows people using the TrackingCAM to kick players if they are admins as you now have access to the map by pressing M key.
  • Permanent special weapons (One rifle and GL assault rifle for each team)
  • Smoke grenades for each team.
  • Deaths of each teams do not change the result of the match. Like in a football match you need to score (touch or make flags) more than your opponent.
  • The table at the end showing the result now has the colour of each team for players and team results.
  • Ammo spots.
  • Anti-wall cheating system.

CTFM v3.36 [Murciealgo] CTF - Officias Maps

• Smart Marker System (Markers on map)
  • Tag System (Players information on demand in the world)
  • Team Killer Lock. This is an automatic system that punish team killers but also feature a FORGIVE feature.

Feel free to use the missions or part of these missions but: Creative Commons Atribution 4.0 License International

• Remember to mention his creator ([88] Murcielago – mgllgm@hotmail.com)
  • If you modify the missions:
  • Make it clear.
  • Please remove all the references that makes reference to Mionix and the 88th Co. team.

Please, just follow these simple rules if you want to use these missions of part of them. The code used in this project is not only part of the MAKE ARMA NOT WAR it also has been created for FREE for the Arma 3 community.

88_download_ctf_1.png

I will really appreciate if people use these missions to create open servers and in addition if anyone improves the code please share it!

Please if you like the quality and the high performance of the CTF2 mission engine please support this work by visiting our web and joining the Steam Group 88thCo

Download: [88] CTF - Official Maps v3.36

Download: [Murciealgo] CTF - Officias Maps v3.36

PS: Please, remove all our older versions and the 88IT maps form your server and use this one (v3.36)

88th Co."Walking Death" eSports Club

http://www.88th.es

Edited by 88_LORD

hey guys, im getting this error with most of these missions

a3\structures_f_heli\vr\helpers\sign_sphere25cm_f.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape

a3\structures_f_heli\vr\helpers\sign_sphere100cm_f.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape

im not sure how to delete them from the sqf , there connected to the small yellow flags or something...

eeeek , I see I didn't have the latest , time to redo mine ... ill post it to drop box, I read its limited to 24, so if I put 15 guys on each side plus 2 civ can you poin me to what eles I may have to edit ....

Edited by Dr Death JM

Murcielago is who makes the scripts. I suppose they will contact you shortly.

PS: If you some day want to try our maps just join our server.

Server: [ES] 88th Co.-Walking Death- eSports -NO FATIGUE-

Best Regards

Murcielago is who makes the scripts. I suppose they will contact you shortly.

PS: If you some day want to try our maps just join our server.

Server: [ES] 88th Co.-Walking Death- eSports -NO FATIGUE-

Best Regards

yeah, I plan on it ? I just updated missions to see if the error is fixed but after the arma3 update my Linux is not working (I need to add libraries or something) ...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/knd7ogxch3f2ehe/AABbrVc6jTJFK9pJ4zfC4Dvra?dl=0

theres 2 missions in here 1 is an edited from one of your missions.. (everything is edited ) besides scripts and credits.. and I added a few other scripts... please test. the other is my version of KaRRiLLioNs (from old ofp) tiny island..

Edited by Dr Death JM

heya , ive been testing thing crazy like, have you or can you look in your server log for the sign_sphere errors? no matter what map I run of yours I get these errors, and all I can track it down to is the flags or you deleted the original yellow spheres that were on map... but I still see this in the scripts

edited : I guess its a 2,000,000 k warring ...

Edited by Dr Death JM

its just an arma model warning - ignore it

yeah , thanks.. I ended up disabling logs on server for now, if I play 4 or 5 missions my logs were swamped with this warning... like 10,000,000 k ... hope its fixed soon

I've just started a 16 player Australian server running the ctfx_ctf2-quake.stratis mission. Will keep it up for a few days and monitor to gauge interest for extending to longer term.

The other mod I want to have servers for in Australia is BR but its restricted.

I used to play CTF mode of the game Vietcong and it was a lot of fun. Eventually I will try some of the other maps you have released... hopefully you have a jungle/forest setting in there somewhere.

Hi zyg0tic,

This week we going to release the last versión of our maps (v3.9). Please wait until sunday.

PS: If you want have some funny friendly match let me know and maybe we can arrange some 6 vs 6 match.

Best Regards