laxemann

Laxemann's "Enhanced Soundscape" (L_ES) - Gun reverb and echo based on terrain

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

It's just that on p1 of this forum it says in the features ES doesn't change any actual gunsounds, it just ADDS more elements and can therefore be used with any "real" soundmod such as JSRS, SoS..

Our clan have some problems with JSRS and L_eh, it seems that the echo sound is replacing the normal "shot" sound so you can hear only impacts but not the acutal shot or bullet. Had someone the same issues?

Hi Lax, I have added your mod to my thread as a "Suggested" companion mod. I just got round to trying them together and they compliment each other nicely. Congrats on your new release too by the way :D

I'm having this problem where I can't hear some weapons in MP shot by other players. Everything in the editor works fine.

These are the M240B from CUP weapons, Trixxi's SMAW, M72s

Anyone knows the reason of this?

Thanks in advance

I'm having this problem where I can't hear some weapons in MP shot by other players. Everything in the editor works fine.

These are the M240B from CUP weapons, Trixxi's SMAW, M72s

Anyone knows the reason of this?

Thanks in advance

This shouldn't have anything to do with ES, try contacting the authors of the mods.

This shouldn't have anything to do with ES, try contacting the authors of the mods.

Thanks for the prompt answer, I will look into these mods.

Cheers

UPDATE

Changelog

0.46 - JSRS3 Compatibility (Urban and forest sounds will automatically stop since JSRS3 uses an intern version of L_ES)

DOWNLOAD

(Will work in 5 mins, uploading at the moment. :))

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Quick question. Now that JSRS3 has implemented L_ES into their mod, and from what they said it will automatically disable L_ES if run alongside JSRS3...what will that mean for future updates to L_ES? Will JSRS3 also receive those updates, or will they remain with the same version they currently have now? Only reason I ask, is I'm sure alot of people love using your mod, and if JSRS3 isn't updated along with yours (when it happens), that puts people in a position to either use one or the other, since JSRS disables L_ES.

Great work, by the way, this mod adds alot to the immersion of the game.

Quick question. Now that JSRS3 has implemented L_ES into their mod, and from what they said it will automatically disable L_ES if run alongside JSRS3...what will that mean for future updates to L_ES? Will JSRS3 also receive those updates, or will they remain with the same version they currently have now? Only reason I ask, is I'm sure alot of people love using your mod, and if JSRS3 isn't updated along with yours (when it happens), that puts people in a position to either use one or the other, since JSRS disables L_ES.

Great work, by the way, this mod adds alot to the immersion of the game.

Hey mate,

not quite correct.

JSRS doesn't include the terrain reverb, only the urban and forest ones, so that one will stay active.

I'll share every script improvement with Lord Jarhead, it's on him to release the updates then. :)

Ah, many thanks for the reply Lax, that clears up alot. Sorry for the misconception, I thought JSRS was disabling the entire thing, not only the urban and forest. Thanks again.

Will it work with any addons or only with vanila sounds? Will it process custom sounds?

Hi, thank you for the mod. Really enjoying it.

I have a scripterror every time I fire a suppressed weapon.

Running JSRS 3 + L_ES + JSRS 3 hotfix

_index = floor(random (count _sArray));
_soundV = _sArray select _ind>
23:20:36   Error position: <_sArray));
23:20:36   Error count: Undefined variable in expression: _sarray
23:20:36 File DFyre_A_Core\scripts\ES_Urban\urban.sqf, line 12
23:20:36 Error in expression <-13,1]);

Will do more tests tomorrow, jsrs without L_ES

Everytime i start Arma3 with this mod i get this message:

"include file userconfig\laxemann\L_ES.hpp not found"

According to the internet i have to put "userconfig" folder in the Arma3 root. That's exactly where it is, but it still crashes with the above message.

What is happening? Can't i just Subscribe to these mod on Steam Workshop?

So it's like this;

-Arma3

\@L_ES

\@CBA_A3

\userconfig

\LAxemann

\..etc

Cheers

Hi, thank you for the mod. Really enjoying it.

I have a scripterror every time I fire a suppressed weapon.

Running JSRS 3 + L_ES + JSRS 3 hotfix

_index = floor(random (count _sArray));
23:20:36   Error position: <_sArray));
23:20:36   Error count: Undefined variable in expression: _sarray
23:20:36 File DFyre_A_Core\scripts\ES_Urban\urban.sqf, line 12
23:20:36 Error in expression <-13,1]);

Will do more tests tomorrow, jsrs without L_ES

Thanks for sharing the information!

It's not related to ES directly but the DFyre version which ins included in DFyre, I'll have to look into it. :)

Everytime i start Arma3 with this mod i get this message:

"include file userconfig\laxemann\L_ES.hpp not found"

According to the internet i have to put "userconfig" folder in the Arma3 root. That's exactly where it is, but it still crashes with the above message.

What is happening? Can't i just Subscribe to these mod on Steam Workshop?

So it's like this;

-Arma3

\@L_ES

\@CBA_A3

\userconfig

\LAxemann

\..etc

Cheers

Hey mate, did you download it via Play With Six?

If yes, try Armaholic, the PW6 version is flawed as far as I know.

Tell me if not. :)

Hey mate, did you download it via Play With Six?

If yes, try Armaholic, the PW6 version is flawed as far as I know.

Tell me if not. :)

Hi thanks for replying.

I downloaded from Armaholic, both ES and CBA. Installed the mod folders like normal, deleted the old ones first.

Arma 3 starts up, i load a mission but it will crash right when mission loading is done. With the error mentioned in my previous post.

No other mods installed, i tried a command line and the BIS launcher. Arma 3 regular, no dev/beta.

I really have no idea what is going on.. Do you have any more suggestions?

Hi thanks for replying.

I downloaded from Armaholic, both ES and CBA. Installed the mod folders like normal, deleted the old ones first.

Arma 3 starts up, i load a mission but it will crash right when mission loading is done. With the error mentioned in my previous post.

No other mods installed, i tried a command line and the BIS launcher. Arma 3 regular, no dev/beta.

Weird... try to delete all stuff related to ES and then just drop the content of the archive into your A3 root folder - you don't have to change a thing.

Works for me. :)

Hi thanks for replying.

Make sure you have the userconfig setup for @L_ES. (Drag it out of the @L_ES into your ARMA 3 directory.) I'm pretty sure this happened to me when I accidentally cleared my userconfig and forgot to reinstall the userconfig for this and tried to play the game with it on. It will most definitely crash once you start a mission without the the userconfig.

Did some more testing, the scripterror mentioned above appears when using non vanilla weapons. When you fire a suppressed non vanilla weapon near buildings.

Tested with HLC FAL, AK, BundesWehr weapons and R3F. Running Enhanced soundscape or not alongside DragonFyre makes no difference. Could anyone confirm it's not one of my other mods?

Got a dumb question: I assumed this mod was included with JSRS. Are there features that this would use on top of it that aren't already in it?

Got a dumb question: I assumed this mod was included with JSRS. Are there features that this would use on top of it that aren't already in it?

Hey Ornstein,

the newest version of L_ES detects if DragonFyre is running and deactivates the features that are included there aswell. :)

Praise the sun.

Praise the sun indeed!

Thanks for that information. If you can enlighten me, what exactly does this add that JSRS does not have? Also, would LOSounds2 be compatible with both L_ES and JSRS?