laxemann

Laxemann's "Enhanced Soundscape" (L_ES) - Gun reverb and echo based on terrain

Thank you man ! Your mods are awesome !

Can you please give more info about JSRS (Dragon Fire) compatibility ?

If i use latest JSRS (Dragon Fire) and your latest version 0.80 together - there will be some conflicts now between this MODs ?

How your mod work with JSRS (Dragon Fire) - it add some additional effects to JSRS or JSRS disable your mod because it have it own sound effects ?

Thank you.

Since ES is partially integrated in DragonFyre, the mod would detect if DFyre is running and disable conflicting features in previous versions.

I oriented the mod into a new direction though.

DragonFyre is very compressed and "loud" in general, which pretty much forced me to make the tails exceptionally loud.

I don't want to keep up with this and decided to go back to more dynamic and ear friendly volume levels, meaning the ArmA limiter won't

be challegend as much, haha :D

Jarhead and I are currently evaluating which step DFyre will take next, so don't worry, things might and will change again. :)

Is it safe to say JSRS is dead now with the developer saying he doesn't have time to work on it and you developing your own sound mod (not this one).

Is it safe to say JSRS is dead now with the developer saying he doesn't have time to work on it and you developing your own sound mod (not this one).

Better to say "On Stand By" or even "Hibernation"

Excellent! Going to try this out tonight.

Nice to see L_ES getting a major update like this. :) Will be sure to try it out.

In my personal opinion however I prefer the forest reverb that you showcased in an older video.

Did a brief test on my server (Ran L_ES client-side; it wasn't on the server) and didn't get any RPT errors. Sounds nice, but didn't notice any reverb with grenade explosions. Maybe my volume was too low, unless this mod just covers rifles at the moment.

Nice to see L_ES getting a major update like this. :) Will be sure to try it out.

In my personal opinion however I prefer the forest reverb that you showcased in an older video.

Yes, I preferred the older one too. There's something that I disliked about the newer one that I can't put my finger on.

The rest of the sounds in the newer video are great, though.

Crazy FPS drop when in urban area and big battle occurs. Without this mod I get very good FPS.

It's sad because I really like it.

Crazy FPS drop when in urban area and big battle occurs. Without this mod I get very good FPS.

It's sad because I really like it.

can you show us your PC specs?

I have no FPS drop..

can you show us your PC specs?

I have no FPS drop..

My PC specs are i4790k and GTX 780 .

Must be doing something wrong, because I compare the vanilla sound with the L_ES new one.. and they both sound the same. No reverb at all.. The same as vanilla. Outide, inside, on forest or valley.

Must be doing something wrong.. but the icon shows in startup when loaded. Of course I quick every arma3 sesion to compare.

I'm using it in conjunction with DragonFyre light at the moment and I'm really happy with the result so far :)

Only missing the distance sounds now, so I'm really looking forward to get this in combo with DynaSound soon-ish.

Keep up the fantastic work Laxemann, I'm using and enjoying a lot of mods that you developed such as Immerse, Suppress and the experimental DeathScreams version :D

Must be doing something wrong, because I compare the vanilla sound with the L_ES new one.. and they both sound the same. No reverb at all.. The same as vanilla. Outide, inside, on forest or valley.

Must be doing something wrong.. but the icon shows in startup when loaded. Of course I quick every arma3 sesion to compare.

Did you place the userconfig file in the appropriate folder?

Yes.. I did.

Today I noticed that is working. It was sooooo difficult to find a place to notice it. It was in front of a mountain (don't do it with all of them) and then after firing, I received the echo very soft. Without it it doesn't happen...

but I hear the same in forests, inside buildings, open space, cities....

I think it was more noticeable in a version before this one... but maybe is because I used Dragon fyre. Now with dragon fyre alone I have more those distance sounds and echoes than with this new version.

Don't know why....

I used the vanilla+L_ES and Dragon fyre lite + L_es and almost 98% of the sounds are the same in my computer as without L_ES in both situations.

Same problem here I nearly cant hear any difference with L_ES or without.

I think in Kavala there is even more reverb without L_ES.

When standing on a mounten I can hear no difference at all.

Having the same problem, it appears to work off AI weapons but not from my own. Tested using no mods but those required.

Here is the problem: There is no config. After seeing all these posts and trying it myself, I opened up the PBO. All the audio files and scripts are there but I think something went wrong during the binarization (again).

Here is the problem: There is no config. After seeing all these posts and trying it myself, I opened up the PBO. All the audio files and scripts are there but I think something went wrong during the binarization (again).

I just checked it, it's there and not binarized, the config .cpp in the scritping folder.

But yes, the sounds are way more subtle. I don't recommend using JSRS with this version since all JSRS is very compressed and loud.

Leon, can you please re-validate that the current server key in the package is the correct one? Both server keys from Armaholic and PWS have CRC32 checksum: E4E8C5F7.

Connecting to the server who contains that particular key gives out the error message to the client that the server key does not accept the mod.

It's the same. The one that causes clients not being able to join the server with the current version.

Hi..

I am not saying that it works better with JSRS.... it works the same. I say that it doesn't work. The 96% or more of the time it doesn't make any reverberation. Only if you are in front of the correct mountain at the correct distance.... if you move a little you won't have the effect.. with or without any other sound mod.

So it is like not using it (didn't try the IA fire sound, because I put myself in several situations with the editor). The old L_ES had more reverberation I believe.

I just checked it, it's there and not binarized, the config .cpp in the scritping folder.

But yes, the sounds are way more subtle. I don't recommend using JSRS with this version since all JSRS is very compressed and loud.

I only searched for a *.bin :sulkoff:, my bad then. Must have saw that one coming with the userconfig and such.

Are there any benefits to running L_ES on a dedicated server, instead of only on clients? I haven't seen any RPT errors yet with it enabled client-side, but was curious if it runs better or has more features when run on a server also. Thanks!

Are there any benefits to running L_ES on a dedicated server, instead of only on clients? I haven't seen any RPT errors yet with it enabled client-side, but was curious if it runs better or has more features when run on a server also. Thanks!

Nope, it's 100% client side!