laxemann

Laxemann's "Enhanced Soundscape" (L_ES) - Gun reverb and echo based on terrain

Well said. Even though mods can be "hacks" BIS does some hacks stuff of their own. But modder hacks seems to go the extra 9 miles. Case in point, this very mod. :cool:

I tried using this with Speed of Sound Pure this morning and it was very laggy and only worked sometimes for me. I think that the new Speed of Sound mod is trying to do some of the same things as this mod, and the erratic behaviour was because of that.

Audio mods generally don't overlap well in Arma.

Audio mods generally don't overlap well in Arma.

It's just that on p1 of this forum it says in the features ES doesn't change any actual gunsounds, it just ADDS more elements and can therefore be used with any "real" soundmod such as JSRS, SoS..

I like this mod and I like the new SoS, so I just want them to get on and play nicely together, but it looks like I may have to choose, unless the overlapping bits can be disabled one way or another.

It's just that on p1 of this forum it says in the features ES doesn't change any actual gunsounds, it just ADDS more elements and can therefore be used with any "real" soundmod such as JSRS, SoS..

I like this mod and I like the new SoS, so I just want them to get on and play nicely together, but it looks like I may have to choose, unless the overlapping bits can be disabled one way or another.

Could you make a video which shows the issue, please? :)

Could you make a video which shows the issue, please? :)

I have tried to reproduce, but in testing it would not appear to be either mod, so it must be something to do with my set up or Arma itself. I actually had the two mods working well together with no apparent lags and put a quick

together.:D Edited by alky_lee

If the 'lag' you speak of was in the form of strange crackling or audio clipping that's on BI's end, I have found that the helicopters crackle as well as some gun fire at times since the update a lot of better additions but they appear to have messed something else up.

Hi

I've been using this one while playing Pilgrimage (which can take days, even weeks to finish) and have found that it gets really laggy after a few hours of game play. Explanation. Say I play for 10 hours straight I would be in the throws of serious lag. Shots fired and anywhere from 5 to 10, maybe even 12 seconds delay. On the other hand if I played those same 10 hours but started a new session at the 8th or 9th hour I would still experience the same lag even though I had just started the (PC) game. I hope you can understand what I am saying and you can keep improving this mod because I really like it. If I run across anything else I will post

Thanks for your hard work!

Oh btw, I use

JSRS 2.2

Blastcore A3

AGM

TPW

BaBe MidTex

CBA-A3

mrb_voicestop

Edited by chik

If the 'lag' you speak of was in the form of strange crackling or audio clipping that's on BI's end, I have found that the helicopters crackle as well as some gun fire at times since the update a lot of better additions but they appear to have messed something else up.

The lag I was experiencing was a total slowdown, video not rendering fully and scripts taking time to execute, loss of animations and sound. As it also happened after disabling mods, I know they are not to blame.

Hi

I've been using this one while playing Pilgrimage (which can take days, even weeks to finish) and have found that it gets really laggy after a few hours of game play. Explanation. Say I play for 10 hours straight I would be in the throws of serious lag. Shots fired and anywhere from 5 to 10, maybe even 12 seconds delay. On the other hand if I played those same 10 hours but started a new session at the 8th or 9th hour I would still experience the same lag even though I had just started the (PC) game. I hope you can understand what I am saying and you can keep improving this mod because I really like it. If I run across anything else I will post

The long mission slowdown in Pilgrimage has always occurred for me, even before I installed L_ES. It's still pretty much the same with this mod installed, and I haven't experienced it in the last two missions I did.

Thanks for the reply alky

This then brings me to another thought. I had run across a mod at one time in the past which is supposed to "clean" up traces of unused objects such as dead bodies,.....I think. Would this be helpful and can you tell me what that mod is because I cannot find it now.

Thanks!

When the new version of JSRS comes out, which has some of these features integrated, will it be necessary to disable this mod entirely? Does JSRS include all features, or only some? How will they work together?

I'm planning on not testing JSRS at all once it is out, and want to dive right into a full war situation; so would like to know beforehand whether to disable this for compatibility, or leave it active...

When the new version of JSRS comes out, which has some of these features integrated, will it be necessary to disable this mod entirely? Does JSRS include all features, or only some? How will they work together?

I'm planning on not testing JSRS at all once it is out, and want to dive right into a full war situation; so would like to know beforehand whether to disable this for compatibility, or leave it active...

There'll be an update as soon as DFyre comes out that checks if DFyre is enabled and disables the features then :)

There'll be an update as soon as DFyre comes out that checks if DFyre is enabled and disables the features then :)

Excellent, thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the reply alky

This then brings me to another thought. I had run across a mod at one time in the past which is supposed to "clean" up traces of unused objects such as dead bodies,.....I think. Would this be helpful and can you tell me what that mod is because I cannot find it now.

Thanks!

I don't know which mod you were using but in Pilgrimage it is the gravedigger script. If you are doing your own missions you could try http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27588

UPDATE

DOWNLOAD (0.44)

Changelog

0.44 - Slight performance improvment thanks to Fett_Li

0.43 - Internal version

Minor urban script tweaks

0.42 - Internal version

Reworked urban soundsets for HMGs, sniper rifles and cannons

The performance improvement has a huge impact, though;

Thanks to Fett_LI I now use nearObjects and not nearestObjects... which is faster.

Since this is evaluated everytime someone shoots, shit got real!

Also, there should be no noticable delay between the actual shot and the reverb sounds when shooting in an urban/forest environment anymore. :)

Edited by LAxemann

Cool. Downloading as we speak :)

Every single frame per second I can get is very valuable.

Chapeau LAxemann

Everytime i am near a forest shooting base i look forward to play arma with your mod.

This just keeps getting sweeter. Say, lax... When it hits version 1.0, it'll be in a first official release kinda state right? I mean, I'm not too clear where or how far this mod can go, but it's getting better by every update. Also, in really excited for things like Mortor effects maybe, and possibly vehicle reverb, as that's a huge missing sound in Arma as a whole.

This just keeps getting sweeter. Say, lax... When it hits version 1.0, it'll be in a first official release kinda state right? I mean, I'm not too clear where or how far this mod can go, but it's getting better by every update. Also, in really excited for things like Mortor effects maybe, and possibly vehicle reverb, as that's a huge missing sound in Arma as a whole.

Haha, I guess v 1.0 will be reached as soon as every gun got it's own soundset... so there might not be a noticable "Ohmygosh everything's new"-event but rather a "Ok, we got everything right now"-feeling.

After finishing the weapon stuff, jet/helicopter engine sounds in the environment will be the next big thing, I guess.

I also concidered doing stuff for the explosions, but honestly didn't came up with a performant and well-sounding solution. Maybe later.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Small issue I noticed: placing demo charges produces some echo/extra sound effect that does not seem natural.

Other than than, love the mod, thanks for making it :)

Fantastic mod that brings that little extra to Arma 3. Not sure whether JSRS was going to incorporate this with the next update?

Small issue I noticed: placing demo charges produces some echo/extra sound effect that does not seem natural.

Other than than, love the mod, thanks for making it :)

Thanks dude, yup, will fix this very soon!

Fantastic mod that brings that little extra to Arma 3. Not sure whether JSRS was going to incorporate this with the next update?

DragonFyre and ES will be fully compatible. In fact, JSRS3 party consists of ES :D

//

Also:

Some of you remember that I wrote about an easy-to-use soundmod framework ages ago?

Keep your eyes open the next days :)

UPDATE

Download

0.45 - Fixed: The urban script no longer checks for the player but the actual shooter

Silly me!

Enjoy :)