laxemann

Laxemann's "Enhanced Soundscape" (L_ES) - Gun reverb and echo based on terrain

Bad news guys, something's wrong with my PC (probably the mainboard/CPU) so I'm on hold until I found out what it is exactly and fixed it.

No clue how long this will take, but I guess I've lost no data.

We all loved your mody.Budem look forward to hopefully eliminate these temporary inconvenience .Zhelayu luck and a speedy return to the system, we are waiting for you.

Bad news guys, something's wrong with my PC (probably the mainboard/CPU) so I'm on hold until I found out what it is exactly and fixed it.

No clue how long this will take, but I guess I've lost no data.

Autsch!

This does not sound that good. I totally know what you are going through with this kinda issue. I had some kinda problem like that a long time ago but in my case ALL my data was lost. Some may remember, back in A2. It through me back for months which caused a lot of people constantly suggest backing up data :P In every mod-thread so far I had I got that suggestion so far heh.

If you are in need of anything, let me know. Currently I have a spare PC even if you need :)

Thanks mate, all the best. Catch you later on Skype mate ;)

LJ

Autsch!

This does not sound that good. I totally know what you are going through with this kinda issue. I had some kinda problem like that a long time ago but in my case ALL my data was lost. Some may remember, back in A2. It through me back for months which caused a lot of people constantly suggest backing up data :P In every mod-thread so far I had I got that suggestion so far heh.

If you are in need of anything, let me know. Currently I have a spare PC even if you need :)

Thanks mate, all the best. Catch you later on Skype mate ;)

LJ

Autsch indeed haha!

Thanks for your offer dude and sorry for not informing you, 'been at work yesterday and a birthday right after that.

I'll try to get back ASAP so that we can show them what German engineering is capable of, haha! :D

Soon buddy~

Allright, reporting back to duty with a new CPU and mainboard.

o7

Weird issue I noticed was when you place a satchel, or explosive charge it also triggers the reverb noises. Unless that was intentional :D

It's the same for mines i3r4ndon. Pretty sure it's not intentional.

Yeah same thing goes for other other things like "L_Twitch" where you'll get a earthquake level shake while crew-served mortars fire by you, just because they're firing 82mm HE shells. Most of the small LAxemann addons use simple fired event handlers and don't have those exceptions for the weird stuff yet, but I'm sure he's working on it. Feel like the whole collection of these small mods will be in my mod folder when finished.

Aaaaaaallright guys, it seems as if the new array operations were included in the new stable update, meaning...

Update time!

Download v 0.20

Changelog:

0.20 - Own key, script and performance improvements, no reverb for "put" classes (such as satchels)

0.15 (internal testversion) - New soundsets: Mk20, Katiba, Mk200, Rahim - New urban soundset for heavy machineguns

Important:

I pretty much ask for "aesthetic" feedback after every release, but it's a different thing this time.

ES uses a simple self-written script that deletes old sound sources if there's too much stuff going on.

I somehow have the feeling, however, that some of the objects don't get deleted due to insanely fast array calculations.

The thing is: it sometimes runs smooth as f*ck even when there's a lot of stuff going on, but I sometimes get the impression that

performance drops heavier in the long-term than without ES.

Long story short, you'd really, really help me and probably Jarhead if you could make some more in-depth performance testing

and tell me your results.

But now - enjoy the new version! :)

LAxe

Update frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

What a nice little mod. Just like the previous version, I just install, and it just works perfectly, right away. No hassle...

After playing with your mod i cant play arma3 without it.

Thank you for this ;).

I will have an eye on performance, with your last version it was definitly a performance loss in greater firefights.

Good job, and thanks for the separate server key.

Big and good news!

Ruthberg's been awesome and took a look at the whole code.

Aside from other performance improvements that require less dummyobjects to be spawned, he pointed out that I accidentally swapped two variables.

This caused many dummyobjects not to get deleted and therefore some sort of memory leak, you could say.

I've briefly been playing around with the fixed and partially improved code this morning (as I'm writing) and must say:

You almost don't notice ES anymore in terms of performance, everything runs super smooth on my system.

I'll check some more things out and will then upload a new version with the improved code and maybe one or two new weapon-specifc soundsets.

So you definitely have something to look forward to, haha! :)

Big, big... no f*ck that, huge thanks to Ruthberg again!

He's not only using the same filehost as me but also made this fancy advanced ballistics stuff.

Check it out!

LAxe

Good work the both of ya. I often use both L_ES and Advanced Ballistics, even though my performance drops noticably. These mods are both on my top 5 list of current Arma3 mods.

Will try the updated L_ES as soon as it's released :)

And there we go, my favourite time of day...

Update time!

0.30 - ES can now be disabled via userconfig

Huge performance increase thanks to Ruthberg, eliminated memory leak

New Soundset: Trg21

Reworked: Soundsets for launchers, GMG and MX

Tweaked some volumes

DOWNLOAD (0.30)

Should run really smooth now. I'm also very happy with the fact that the MX's reverb isn't so aggressive anymore.

Enjoy your new version! :)

Update frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Nice update!

Some slight criticism incoming:

Zafir does not sound good at full auto. The reverb effect is stacking in a wierd way that make it sound very artificial.

Nice update!

Some slight criticism incoming:

Zafir does not sound good at full auto. The reverb effect is stacking in a wierd way that make it sound very artificial.

I get you, dude - thanks for the feedback!

I've got new sounds already, 'just gonna edit them as desired.

The current zafir sounds have too many "characteristic" spots which causes them to sound weird when played multiple times.

Performance has improved vastly and almost no negative effect on performance anymore!! Great job guys!!

Now I will keep this addon activated :)