laxemann

Laxemann's "Enhanced Soundscape" (L_ES) - Gun reverb and echo based on terrain

Does the newly introduced sounds overwrite those from JSRS ?

The mod doesn't overwrite any sounds, it just adds three-dimensional reverb that moves through the area, reflections and such stuff.

Meaning that you can use it with any soundmod you want. :)

I should put this info in the main description... :D

@Foxhound, thanks mate!

JSRS and this mod fits perfect together...........epic soundexperience!!!

My motivation for the armaverse is back :D

What about ARMA 2 version? :D Is it too hard to convert for A2?

Dayum, I honestly don't even have A2 installed anymore. Sorry dude, but this is most likely going to be an A3 exclusive one! =p

The mod doesn't overwrite any sounds, it just adds three-dimensional reverb that moves through the area, reflections and such stuff.
Sorry I misunderstood, it's clear, I only thaught you've added Zafir & 155mm howitzer sound in your last update

Excellent mod!!! I played in veteran difficulty and could tell the enemy location in cqb based on sounds!

look at it like this Neod. Each weapon has a distinct sound. therefor it has a distinct echo. Lex, is adding different echo's for different weapons.. the last update included different echo and reverb sounds for those two guns...

I can't tell you how grateful I am for this mod.. it's just brilliant! Thank you so much for this!

Very happy that you like it, guys! :)

Btw, while searching for new reverbs I came across this video:

A perfect demonstration of why there isn't "the" sound of a gun. Most people only hear them in videos and this video shows how different one gun can sound through different microphones and other variables.

Btw: I've also finished the Katiba and MK200 soundsets today :)

CTD before i get to the main menu with nothing but this mod and CBA A3 enabled from PlayWithSix.

IVBCcI5.png

A perfect demonstration of why there isn't "the" sound of a gun. Most people only hear them in videos and this video shows how different one gun can sound through different microphones and other variables.

Really good find there. I used to spend a lot of time in the studio and setting up mics to get a good sound was an art in itself. One of my faves was the vortex of microphones. I can't find a good picture but it was interesting to see how the sound of the cab changed based on the distance and offset of the mic.

You can really see how Mr X thinks the M249 sounds a certain way, and Mr Y disagrees.

Good work on the mod by the way - really bringing sound to life.

CTD before i get to the main menu with nothing but this mod and CBA A3 enabled from PlayWithSix.

http://i.imgur.com/IVBCcI5.png

It seems as if the PWS version screws up the userconfig. Try to download the mod from Armaholic, please.

Glad to see it's taking shape Lax. I'm new to the forum, but been lurking around for a while, specially on this thread lately. Honestly I ain't had the time to test it myself but sure will soon. Just to have somethings clear, for SP certainly work straight away, however as for MP does it require the server to be running the mod?

Very good! In addition to this all our gaming rigs are different. Different soundcards, drivers and headphones/speakers. When I was working with MarkXIII on the HiFi mod I used 3 different setups to check the sounds. My rig with good head phones, my server with the same headphones and a laptop with and without different headphones. MarkXIII himself used loud speakers with a sub, not sure about Yokhanans setup.

It was very obvious why discussions about sounds always pop up. I compare the sounds I hear ingame to what I hear in RL ( I do shoot and have shot different guns over the years), and the skill of the sound creator is to use a good base sound and then add what the microphones cant pick up and in a sensible way add the experience/feeling of shooting a gun. This is very tricky, and in a way hopeless as it will differ for people anyway. That's why MarkXIII came up with the modular system so people could pick what they liked as there is no definitive right or wrong sound.

I just wonder about the config. Is says min. 15 FPS , what happens if I change this value to 45 ? Is there anything else I can change through the config?

Glad to see it's taking shape Lax. I'm new to the forum, but been lurking around for a while, specially on this thread lately. Honestly I ain't had the time to test it myself but sure will soon. Just to have somethings clear, for SP certainly work straight away, however as for MP does it require the server to be running the mod?

Nope, as stated on the first page, ES is 100% client side. :)

I just wonder about the config. Is says min. 15 FPS , what happens if I change this value to 45 ? Is there anything else I can change through the config?

When putting the min_fps value to 45, the mod won't do anything as long as your fps go below 45. So you might not want to do that :D

And nope, you can't change anything else via the userconfig. It was used before to define the maximum amount of shots calculated at the same time,

but my new auto-deletion system made that obsolete. :P

Thanks for the addon dude, got a real blast on Takistan in the morning, i´m using Dragonfyre 0.6 + your Addon. Then i stand ~1,5 km from the Airfield and decided to clean the Airfield with 3* A-10C, WoW that was so awesome, thanks dude :)

Looking forward for more :)

AKG D112 hands down!

Some of you guys asked about reverb from jets.

I designed scripts for that today and well, it worked but the effect wasn't as noticable and "wow"-is as I thought at first.

This mainly is the case because the jets are very loud already and the actual engine sound pretty much always dominated over the terrain reverb.

Simply making the reverb even louder resulted in clipping.

This fact aswell as keeping in mind that this reeeally subtile feature might cost some performance aswell... you know, I'll keep that feature on hold for now.

If I can come up with a better solution (whatever that should be), i'll get implemented, promise! :)

Also, I've been working on a new soundset today, don't know which rifle I'll assign it to.

Btw, am I the first ever to make something like reverb that moves through the environment? :rolleyes:

''''''''

Edited by Chammy