laxemann

Laxemann's "Enhanced Soundscape" (L_ES) - Gun reverb and echo based on terrain

10/10 Addon, can't wait for DragonFyre, keep up the good work....

P.S. Everyone should try the Eric J M107.............. speechless with L_ES

This sounds awesome. The performance hit is significant and noticeable in large firefights but it's almost worth it. Really makes me wish A3 could use multithreading properly!

I'm very glad you like it already! :)

Yes, I forgot two things: To mention that it requires CBA and to include the server key.

I've updated the first post, you can download the server key here.

Don't hesistate to give detailed feedback!

Edited by LAxemann

Thank you very much for informing us of the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey OP.

So, maybe I'm just going nuts here, but I can't seem to get the darned mod to work. I've installed via PWS, and tested it with only it and CBA running, but I just can't seem to notice any changes. When I watch your videos showing the mod, however, it's pretty obviously different from the vanilla sound effects. I checked the userconfig, re-downloaded the mod, etc etc. I don't see any special install instructions anywhere, and it seems nobody else on the forum here has this issue. Any guidance?

Edit: Let me clarify. The mod seems to load just fine, no errors. The icon appears on the main menu. Just when playing, there seems to be no difference in sound. I've even tried to re-create the scenarios from the videos, just to be sure.

Edited by Submarine_Sandwich

Submarine_Sandwich you noticed the first video also has sounds from JSRS DragonFyre right? Another thing I can think of is increasing the number of sound samples in the sound settings, maybe yours is too low because of someting.

Need attention to SD-weapon and Mk19 ) Too loud echo )

ES doesn't play any reverb sounds when a weapon has a silencer attached, so this is either the soundmod you use sounding like being part of ES or you're using a mod weapon that is silenced "by default", we'd have to make extra soundsets for that. :)

As for the MK19, yeah, I know, not even too loud (hardly audible when using e.g. JSRS), but just a bad, too dry sounding effect. Not happy with the sound afterall.

Hey OP.

So, maybe I'm just going nuts here, but I can't seem to get the darned mod to work. I've installed via PWS, and tested it with only it and CBA running, but I just can't seem to notice any changes. When I watch your videos showing the mod, however, it's pretty obviously different from the vanilla sound effects. I checked the userconfig, re-downloaded the mod, etc etc. I don't see any special install instructions anywhere, and it seems nobody else on the forum here has this issue. Any guidance?

Edit: Let me clarify. The mod seems to load just fine, no errors. The icon appears on the main menu. Just when playing, there seems to be no difference in sound. I've even tried to re-create the scenarios from the videos, just to be sure.

Hmm, weird!

Let me point out again that the mod doesn't change the weapon sounds themselves but adds reverb effects and some more stuff ON TOP/beside the standard sounds.

But now you wrote that it doesn't work even when starting the vanilla A3 without any soundmods. Hmmm.

• Do you have the latest CBA installed?

• Did you copy the userconfig?

• Did you try another "version", e.g. directly downloaded from the dropbox link or Armaholic?

Tell me if the problem still persists or if you can find a solution for your problem! :)

//

Big thanks to wartheatre at this point who send me very nice sounds with some even nicer reverb in them. :)

Submarine_Sandwich you noticed the first video also has sounds from JSRS DragonFyre right? Another thing I can think of is increasing the number of sound samples in the sound settings, maybe yours is too low because of someting.

Hey, Wak. Thanks for the help. I've adjusted for different sound mods by checking videos which don't appear to have sound mods installed, or using them when I recognize the sounds. Also, yeah, I always run with 128 samples. Good thinking, though, I actually forgot to check (which would be a reasonable source of the issue). Still, was 128 before, and still is.

Hmm, weird!

Let me point out again that the mod doesn't change the weapon sounds themselves but adds reverb effects and some more stuff ON TOP/beside the standard sounds.

But now you wrote that it doesn't work even when starting the vanilla A3 without any soundmods. Hmmm.

• Do you have the latest CBA installed?

• Did you copy the userconfig?

• Did you try another "version", e.g. directly downloaded from the dropbox link or Armaholic?

Tell me if the problem still persists or if you can find a solution for your problem! :)

Hey LAxemann, thanks for your quick and thoughtful reply. Unfortunately, I've already run through that very same checklist when I was troubleshooting on my own.

-I DO have the latest CBA (at least the one available on PWS, and I don't see any newer ones than v1.0.8.140725)

-Userconfig was copied (even though it seems to install to userconfig properly when running with PWS)

-I ran with the version from Armaholic for my "PWS Failure" testing, and I have the same results

Wait... hold on a second (I'm writing this as I test all the steps again from a clean install). I didn't check for THIS variable, and I think I know what's causing the problem. After adjusting, it worked! Read on.

It appears to be the USERCONFIG file from the Play With Six version of LES! The PWS version uses a different setup for the userconfig files than the Armaholic version. When installing CLEAN from PWS, the userconfig file seems to be mis-configured, causing the mod to not work. I'm willing to bet that if you tested this yourself, you've got the RIGHT config (the one similar to the file from Armaholic) still in your userconfig file from your work on the mod itself, giving a false confirmation of the PWS version's functionality.

Check out my steps to reproduce:

1.) Clear userconfig folder of all LES-related configs. All of 'em. Both from the userconfig file itself and get rid of any sub-folders related to LES.

2.) Install PWS version. Note the mod does not function.

3.) Uninstall mod, being sure to clear userconfig as in step 1.

4.) Install Armaholic version. Note the mod functions.

5.) Uninstall mod, being sure to clear userconfig as in step 1.

6.) Install PWS version. This time, install userconfig file from Armaholic version before testing. Note, the mod works.

Alternatively, you could clean the userconfig folder, test the PWS version, then install the Armaholic version's userconfig and test it.

I think something got dorked up with the version on PWS. Let me know if your testing gives you similar results. In the meantime, I'm going to test out these sounds. Now that it works, it really is noticeable!

Edited by Submarine_Sandwich

Thanks for your reply, man! That's why I'm releasing an alpha, haha :)

Hmm, so does it work now for you?

I honestly never ever used PWS and don't plan to (for no specific reason, btw, I'm just used to the ol' Armaholic downloading :P), so if anyone of you guys that are reading this is getting the same results as mr. sandwich, let me know.

Or even better the PWS guys directly. :D

Thanks for your reply, man! That's why I'm releasing an alpha, haha :)

Hmm, so does it work now for you?

I honestly never ever used PWS and don't plan to (for no specific reason, btw, I'm just used to the ol' Armaholic downloading :P), so if anyone of you guys that are reading this is getting the same results as mr. sandwich, let me know.

Or even better the PWS guys directly. :D

Yes, it works great now! Blew me away the first time I heard it. I tested it a third time and yes, it really does seem the PWS version's userconfig is different and non-functional compared to the Armaholic version, and that is a make-or-break for the mod's functionality. I'll look for a way to let the PWS guys know. Keep up the great work!

Great! :)

//

A small sitrep:

I managed to improve the performance significantly by increasing the checking frequency of the script that automatically deletes old sound sources if too many are "active".

Before I did that the check intervall wasn't fast enough so that it was not only possible, but very likely that more sound sources are spawned than deleted. Well, this problem should be gone! :)

Also, thanks to wartheatre who sent me some very, very nice sounds I've been able to create two more weapon-specific soundsets:

The Zafir and the 155mm howitzer.

As always, here's your little fix to get you into the mood and make you even more excited! :D

The update will find it's way to you within the next 1 or two days, I guess.

I'll also start to write a quick guide on how to create your own soundset for ES!

Stay tuned and give feedback! :)

LAxe

WOW! Love the sounding me and a friend that's in 2NT Infantry were just testing out mods for our upcoming Advanced Insurgency server and oh my are these sounds just incredible!!! NICE JOB!! 10!! :yay: I must dance to the camera shake mod too.

That Howitzer though... Fucking godly. If only Arma 3 had Vanilla like this but, heck, that's where this mod came in. Stunning the life the soundscape brings.

You don't believe how glad I am that you guys are enjoying the mod! :) :)

UPDATE

DOWNLOAD (v0.12)

0.12 - New weapon-specific soundsets: Zafir & 155mm howitzer, significant performance improvements

Enjoy!

Oh, and I'd be VERY thankful if you could take a few minutes and check out the performance.

(E.g. compare with/without)

Thanks. :)

Update frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!