Sign in to follow this  
roguetrooper

How to combine STEAM A2 and STEAM Arrowhead?

The silly addon/expansion politics (or its heritage) of A2 seems to continue in Steam. Unfortunately I've bought A2 and Arrowhead seperately on Steam. Additionally the DLCs BAF and PMC.

So on my PC there are the Steam versions of A2, Arrowhead, BAF, PMC and ACR. There are two folders:

[1.] \SteamApps\common\Arma 2

[2.] \SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

In [2] there are subfolders BAF and PMC.

When I start Arrowhead from the Steam interface, I have ingame access to the Chernarus content, to the Arrowhead content and to all DLC content.

When I start Arrowhead with Invasion 44 mod from the Steam interface, it tells me that the Chernarus content is missing (along with a lot of other ingame error messages). It's playable, but with errors. So I can't use Chernarus and Utes as I44 playgrounds.

When I start A2 from the Steam interface I only have the blank A2 with no Arrowhead and no DLCs.

When I start A2 with Invasion 44 mod from the Steam interface, the game starts but is totally unplayable, there is no main menu or anything.

PlayWithSix tells me that I have installed:

* Arma 2 Combined Operations

* ACR

* BAF

* PMC

* Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

* Arma 2 Original

I can't launch anything with PlayWithSix, it returns an error without content.

What can I do to play the Invasion 44 mod without error messages and as it is intended to be played?

Do I have to buy another bundle that inherently includes A2 and Arrowhead to be able to play the i44 mod? :-/

Also, when I try in Six to change the folders for A2 and Arrowhead, it automatically takes over the folder for both.

Edited by RogueTrooper

Why isn't there a proper reply/explanation, on such important topic?:confused: