Sign in to follow this  
autumn

Spawn ai on a dedicated server instead of on zeus players local machine?

Firstly, sorry if this has been asked/answered before, I've had a long look but couldn't see the question (so I'm assuming I may be misunderstanding the terminology or what's going on here).

Anyway, I've been told that when a player spawns ai whilst using Zeus, it spawns on that players machine locally. Is there a way at present to spawn the ai on the server rather than locally?

I've had issues with too many ai bringing fps to it's knees on our server because the ai was spawned on my machine instead of on the server, which usually could handle the number of ai on the map with no problems.

Am I misunderstanding something here?

Thanks guys.

This is a known problem and one that doesn't have a good solution yet. Best I've been able to find is to have Zeus disconnect from the server which will pass control of the AI over the server. You can then reconnect and with the use of something like ADV_Zeus, regain control of the units. It isn't a perfect result, but without the ability to force change of ownership the the server, there's not much else you can do right now.

Sorry for the bump, just wondering if this issue is still present?

I did not want to dig through tons of changelogs to find out if this issue was already adressed (but i will do, if nobody knows the answer).