Fushko

Getting weird shadow glitches

I'm getting strange streching lines from shadows. They come from soldiers the most. Seems to only happen with stencil shadows. Disabling shadows removes them, but I don't want to play with no shadows.

GPU is Palit GTX 750 Ti, using latest drivers (337.88)

Tried verifying game files, didn't work.

1.http://i58.tinypic.com/mcvj1e.jpg (458 kB)

2.http://i60.tinypic.com/md09yc.jpg (307 kB)

3.http://i58.tinypic.com/1ibv2p.jpg (446 kB)

4.http://i58.tinypic.com/156bntl.jpg (434 kB)

Might be a bit hard to notice in the pics, but it's there. It's very noticeable in pic 4.

Help would be kindly appreciated.

BI units. I'm not using any addon that changes clothing/weapons etc.

EDIT: disabled all the mods I was using and the issue still occurs.

Edited by FrankHH

Ok, thanks for checking.

Looking closely at it, it doesn't look like part of the shadow, more like distorted tris from the model. I had such thing shortly before my GPU died in Armed Assault (not meant to scary you, there might be dozens of other causes).

If possible, can you check the following things:

- older nVidia drivers

- GPU and VRam temps during playing

- can you reproduce it in daylight?

- would it be possible to narrow it down to specific units/vehicles?

Aye, i see it. You're right, this is a shadows problem. What unit is this in the pic? I'll try to reproduce it on my side.

[EDITH]

From modding point of view, this looks like a non-closed shadow geo LOD in the model.

It's a CSAT unit.

"From modding point of view, this looks like a non-closed shadow geo LOD in the model."

Care to explain?

It's a CSAT unit.

"From modding point of view, this looks like a non-closed shadow geo LOD in the model."

Care to explain?

Shadow geometry is one LOD in the model, obviously used for shadow calculations. This 3D model needs to be completely closed (no holes in the 3D model) or such glitches appear.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Creating_Shadow_LODs

:Edith:

Couldn't reproduce it, could you be more specific which CSAT unit exactly?

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, it happens with ALL the units, NATO, CSAT, AAF, doesn't matter. (the first pics I posted show NATO units and a CSAT tank having this issue)

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, it happens with ALL the units, NATO, CSAT, AAF, doesn't matter. (the first pics I posted show NATO units and a CSAT tank having this issue)

Ok, i get it now. I can't reproduce it on my side. What about with older drivers, GPU/VRam temps?

Temps are okay, I'd say even better than in other games (Arma 3 is one of the few games where I can't hear my GPU fan going faster)

Looks like I need to go through the hassle of reverting to the old drivers...

I have these same issues, certain objects will have glitched shadows. This happens only for 'low' shadow settings for me. It will not happen on standard and above. Hope it helps!

Im pretty sure its a problem with the GTX 750 TI because me and others in my unit with the same card have this issue.

Do all have same nVidia drivers? Could be helpful if driver version plays a role on this issue.

I have these same issues, certain objects will have glitched shadows. This happens only for 'low' shadow settings for me. It will not happen on standard and above. Hope it helps!

Happens in every shadow setting for me, from low to ultra. Only the stencil shadows cast by units and vehicles have these glitches though.

Im pretty sure its a problem with the GTX 750 TI because me and others in my unit with the same card have this issue.

Makes sense, do you guys have the Palit 750 Ti by any chance? Might be that Palit overclocked a bit to high, hence the glitches. But then again I didn't have this issue before, so it's very likely this is a driver issue. Like Myke said, do you guys all have the same drivers?

Happens in every shadow setting for me, from low to ultra. Only the stencil shadows cast by units and vehicles have these glitches though.

Almost Same, except I haven't had trouble with vehicles that I've noticed. Also get what appears to be a floating window attached to players in certain areas of the map especially inside the military base at pyrgos under the tin covered vehicle depot. And when there are pop up targets on the map those are sometimes attached to players as we'll anyone else experience that.

I personally have the EVGA super clocked. As far as the other members of my unit standby I will gather that info.

I'm getting the same thing with my EVGA GeForce GTX 750. Is there any fix for this?

I'm getting the same thing with my EVGA GeForce GTX 750. Is there any fix for this?

I'm still getting it. Still using 337.88. At least the problem seems to be 750-series related (maybe because of the new Maxwell architecture?) so we know that. Has anyone tried updating to 340.43 beta drivers? Does it fix it?

I'm still getting it. Still using 337.88. At least the problem seems to be 750-series related (maybe because of the new Maxwell architecture?) so we know that. Has anyone tried updating to 340.43 beta drivers? Does it fix it?

I tried the Beta drivers. Same issue.

so only with nightvision ? Down clock your Memory.

Always. Not just Night Vision. I have nothing overclocked.

your TI is default OCed. It may help to lower your Clocks just 5hz, or more for RAM.

your TI is default OCed. It may help to lower your Clocks just 5hz, or more for RAM.

I have the vanilla 750, not the TI. I'll fool with the clocks to see if it helps.