Sign in to follow this  
Raid

AWSM | L115A3 by Raid

So I skimmed this thread yesterday and looked at the more recent posts, you seem to be kind of choosing components like the muzzle break or something, I am not sure how this rifle has suppressors attached but maybe you could just make different versions of the rifles with different muzzle-brakes or even make the muzzle break an attachment the same way suppressors are?

Maybe you are planning to do this or something, or maybe you have some specific thing you wanted to do I cant really discern how this is handled so far so I would like some clarification.

Also, this looks really nice, good work.

Thanks

-MikeTim

You are correct the muzzle break and suppressor will be separate attachment's. As for the Muzzle Break I don't like the stock twin chamber that comes from AI so I pretty much just modelled a custom one from some different references.

Cheers, Raid.

Image time | Rendered Muzzle Break. NBZP2Y0.jpg

Thats really great work, nice job.

It is good to hear it will be an attachement that is great.

I am curious, not reguarding like attachments or anything, how many different "gun items" for this weapon will be in the game, I am assuming you will have the one gun and just have different ones for texture types but you were saying a bunch of things about some different version stuff so idk.

Thats really great work, nice job.

It is good to hear it will be an attachement that is great.

I am curious, not reguarding like attachments or anything, how many different "gun items" for this weapon will be in the game, I am assuming you will have the one gun and just have different ones for texture types but you were saying a bunch of things about some different version stuff so idk.

Hey mate so far my intentions are that it will only include the muzzle break and the suppressor. Ofcoarse through ASDG JR you will be able to use the A3 Attachments if you so desire.

Cool, I dont know if you plan to do anything with bipods (I understand if not, the whole bipod thing in terms of modding is sketchy and non-standard right now) you might want to wait for marksman dlc to introduce somthing like bipods but I do wonder if you have any plans or have vetoed it as a possibility.

@Raid

looks really great.:cool:

If you're interrested I can provide you some tutorial for an Bolt animation (or make one for you.) If youe interrested PM me.

Cool, I dont know if you plan to do anything with bipods (I understand if not, the whole bipod thing in terms of modding is sketchy and non-standard right now) you might want to wait for marksman dlc to introduce somthing like bipods but I do wonder if you have any plans or have vetoed it as a possibility.

Yeh i'v had mixed ideas with bipods, but as you said they are sketchy so im not sure atm.

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

@Raid

looks really great.:cool:

If you're interrested I can provide you some tutorial for an Bolt animation (or make one for you.) If youe interrested PM me.

That would be awesome thanks. Saves me having to learn from scratch. I'll PM you when the time is right.

Yeah but its really bloated, and adds like 50 items of bipods to them game, I would kind of recommend to not use it because it modifies crate inventories and adds alot of items and has lots of compatiblity stuff. Raid doesn't seem to keen on bipods anyway and I don't blame him for it, probably better off not using asdg_attatchments for this addon or making it a optional thing.

Well "bloated" crate isnt a issue to me, more is better. But the link is so he can come up with something clever to have a complete action based attachment system. With TMR.

Anyhoo looking forward to this Big boom stick.

kklwn_[AS]

Yeah, not saying its bad or anything, I just highly recommend to not make it a requirement if used, instead a optional config or something, because obviously not everyone wants to use it.

So I was talking to a friend and suddenly thought of quite a nice idea and would like some comments on it. I was thinking that I shall model the folding stock in and when everything is good and working I was think that I might add the weapon in as a launcher slot. This way (if A3 lets me) when you don't have the sniper equipped it will be on your back with the stock folded. Let me know any thoughts you have. Maybe even have two versions. One a Primary one a Launcher.

Edit: Pic of the wip folding stock http://prntscr.com/3sytpa

-Raid

Edited by Raid

So I was talking to a friend and suddenly thought of quite a nice idea and would like some comments on it. I was thinking that I shall model the folding stock in and when everything is good and working I was think that I might add the weapon in as a launcher slot. This way (if A3 lets me) when you don't have the sniper equipped it will be on your back with the stock folded. Let me know any thoughts you have. Maybe even have two versions. One a Primary one a Launcher.

Edit: Pic of the wip folding stock http://prntscr.com/3sytpa

-Raid

Having both a Primary and a folding stock that is registered as a launcher would be awesome, I know Purple who made the M1014 JSCS has a script that allows him to extend/retract the butt stock on his weapons, see if you can look at his code or get in touch with him about it. I personally think this is a bad ass idea, there are many servers where people who carry SR's that have to rely on a pistol solely as a backup, with this they can also equip either a Carbine AR or an SMG which makes them more versatile. Not all servers have the ability to store people's weapons in backpacks, and not everyone likes to wear backpacks.

Can anyone provide me with some really good folding stock reference pictures?

I mean of the actual joint.

Coming along nicely. If you figure out the rifle in the launcher slot, well your the man. :) Purple gave me permission to use his script suite for my folding ak pack stocks( which will allow me to make them user actions instead of the ol firemode switch) im sure if you contact him he would allow you to do the same

Cheers Spartan.

---------- Post added at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was at 18:41 ----------

First part done. http://prntscr.com/3tbifn

Spartan do you have an image of the other side. The bolt? Found one :)

Edited by Raid

i had a play with one of these, toted by a coldstream guard last weekend

this looks pucker mate

the scope the guy had on his was 10x40. not too much zoom at all. was interesting to scan around with it...

that barrel is so unwieldy, you really wouldn't be able to shoot it accurately without using the bipod or a resting point.

Bit quiet... Any news?

Hey,

I haven't had time to work on this project I just started studying (Game Design). Which means this project will get done and it will be done better than before. The only down side is, that everyone will have to wait a bit longer.

-Raid

Not a problem. :)

Is it done yet? :D