Sign in to follow this  
Raid

AWSM | L115A3 by Raid

2PflI7h.jpg

High Res (126 kB)

Updated | 6/5 20:30

Note: Still Modelling.

BRIEF

Hey everyone I'm back again showing off something I'v been working on the last few days. I present to all the AWSM (Arctic Warfare Super Magnum) also commonly known as the L115A3.

FEATURES

.338 Lapua Magnum Ammunition

Muzzle Break | Attachment

Suppressor | Attachment

Schmidt and Bender variable telescopic sight (5-25x56 PM II LP) | Attachment (well as close as I could get it :p)

Custom Reticle

CREDITS

Author | Raid

Edited by Raid
  • Like 1

I am not sure if you know my work here on bistudio but I make ballistics code and I have plans for .338 Lapua Magnum that includes Mil-spec ammo straight from Lapua, if you are interested in using my ballistics code please feel free to check out my WIP thread under discussions (its 5.56x45mm Realistic Ballistics, it all got started from there), if not then thats cool too, the L115A3 is my favorite anti-personnel rifle as the .338 Lapua round is so stable at extreme ranges that its amazing. Keep Up The Good Work!

A few quick suggestions....

Contact LordJarhead about sounds for the L115A3, he made the J.S.R.S Sound mod which is very impressive.

Also for the Suppressor I am not sure if you want to use the British Military Suppressor or a Civilan one, if you are taking suggestions I would suggest the AAC Titan Ti, its regarded as the best large bore suppressor on the market.

http://www.advanced-armament.com/TiTAN-Ti_p_453.html

Pic of an L115A3 using a Titan Ti Suppressor:

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Spartan0536

I am not sure if you know my work here on bistudio but I make ballistics code and I have plans for .338 Lapua Magnum that includes Mil-spec ammo straight from Lapua, if you are interested in using my ballistics code please feel free to check out my WIP thread under discussions (its 5.56x45mm Realistic Ballistics, it all got started from there), if not then thats cool too, the L115A3 is my favorite anti-personnel rifle as the .338 Lapua round is so stable at extreme ranges that its amazing. Keep Up The Good Work!

A few quick suggestions....

Contact LordJarhead about sounds for the L115A3, he made the J.S.R.S Sound mod which is very impressive.

Also for the Suppressor I am not sure if you want to use the British Military Suppressor or a Civilan one, if you are taking suggestions I would suggest the AAC Titan Ti, its regarded as the best large bore suppressor on the market.

http://www.advanced-armament.com/TiTAN-Ti_p_453.html

Pic of an L115A3 using a Titan Ti Suppressor:

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/0zZ2v8KXK3E/maxresdefault.jpg

You legend. You are going to save me hours of research :D. Yes I will probably talk to LJarHead and see if he can do some up. As for the suppressor I already modelled one but it's that simple that I will be easy to modify.

-Raid

I was looking for one of these yesterday for ARMA 3, great timing!

You legend. You are going to save me hours of research :D. Yes I will probably talk to LJarHead and see if he can do some up. As for the suppressor I already modelled one but it's that simple that I will be easy to modify.

-Raid

I have decided to go with nothing other than LAPUA ammunition, it just seems to fit and it covers all three areas FMJ -> OTM -> AP, this gives the sniper using this weapon the complete coverage of targets from No armor, light armor, and heavy cover/armor (this does not include APC's but possibly light armor transport and most certainly technicals.

.338 Ammunition List......

Lapua B408 Lock Base 250 Grain Full Metal Jacket Boat Tail

Lapua GB528 Scenar 300 Grain Open Tip Match (Sometimes called Hollow Point Boat Tail, the military calls this OTM as its outside the Hague convention restrictions)

Lapua AP529 300 Grain Armor Piercing (features a Hardened Steel Core, expect a damage profile of 8)

I hope you like these selections, these are all Mil-Spec ammunition straight from Lapua, they were kind enough with 1 phone call to give me all the necessary material I need to make these rounds perform as close to real as possible.

Edited by Spartan0536

I have decided to go with nothing other than LAPUA ammunition, it just seems to fit and it covers all three areas FMJ -> OTM -> AP, this gives the sniper using this weapon the complete coverage of targets from No armor, light armor, and heavy cover/armor (this does not include APC's but possibly light armor transport and most certainly technicals.

.338 Ammunition List......

Lapua B408 Lock Base 250 Grain Full Metal Jacket Boat Tail

Lapua GB528 Scenar 300 Grain Open Tip Match (Sometimes called Hollow Point Boat Tail, the military calls this OTM as its outside the Hague convention restrictions)

Lapua AP529 300 Grain Armor Piercing (features a Hardened Steel Core, expect a damage profile of 8)

I hope you like these selections, these are all Mil-Spec ammunition straight from Lapua, they were kind enough with 1 phone call to give me all the necessary material I need to make these rounds perform as close to real as possible.

Sounds great to me.

Just got the penetration information from Lapua, the Armor Piercing is spot on for RHA as they did in house and 3rd party and got the same results

Lapua AP penetration of 10mm RHA at 1000m, yes 10mm of RHA at 1 click.

Lapua Scenar penetration value of 3mm RHA at 300m

Lapua Lock Base penetration value of 6.5mm RHA at 300m

so how this breaks down is....

Target has minimal to no armor protection - use Scenar and wipe his existence from the map.

Target has light to medium armor protection and is within 400m - use Lock Base and snuff his worthless soul out from this planet.

Target has heavy armor and is at distances from 200m - 1200m - use Armor Piercing and give him a deadly surprise he sure as hell did not see coming.

These 3 rounds give the shooter full spectrum coverage at many ranges from DMR to sniper/recon and from no/light armor to full level 4 mil-spec at extreme ranges.

Just got the penetration information from Lapua, the Armor Piercing is spot on for RHA as they did in house and 3rd party and got the same results

Lapua AP penetration of 10mm RHA at 1000m, yes 10mm of RHA at 1 click.

Lapua Scenar penetration value of 3mm RHA at 300m

Lapua Lock Base penetration value of 6.5mm RHA at 300m

so how this breaks down is....

Target has minimal to no armor protection - use Scenar and wipe his existence from the map.

Target has light to medium armor protection and is within 400m - use Lock Base and snuff his worthless soul out from this planet.

Target has heavy armor and is at distances from 200m - 1200m - use Armor Piercing and give him a deadly surprise he sure as hell did not see coming.

These 3 rounds give the shooter full spectrum coverage at many ranges from DMR to sniper/recon and from no/light armor to full level 4 mil-spec at extreme ranges.

Stop trying to make me work faster :/

---------- Post added at 22:28 ---------- Previous post was at 22:27 ----------

All jokes aside gotta love modelling and you're like yes that looks good move on. Hour later NOOOO that looks all wrong re-work time....

Past few hours I'v redone the Top & Side rail's, the barrel length and grooves, Muzzle Break & Suppressor length, Magazine reworked, raised the Cheek rest and lastly Reworked the front of the casing.

---------- Post added at 22:35 ---------- Previous post was at 22:28 ----------

Looking good Raid . You making this to UK spec?

Yes and no. For E.g I don't like the standard UK Muzzle Break.

Edited by Raid

Yes and no. For E.g I don't like the standard UK Muzzle Break.

The bipod, stock and scope aren't correct for the L115A3 either. As it stands, it's more of a factory/export AWSM than a L115 (which is a designation only used by the UK's military).

Some features of your model like the 3-12x50 scope and Parker-Hale bipod were used on the L115A1. All of those parts were changed on the A3 version though.

The bipod, stock and scope aren't correct for the L115A3 either. As it stands, it's more of a factory/export AWSM than a L115 (which is a designation only used by the UK's military).

Some features of your model like the 3-12x50 scope and Parker-Hale bipod were used on the L115A1. All of those parts were changed on the A3 version though.

Unless google images is completely wrong most of the picks have the Parker-Hale Bipod. As for the whole UK standard I did put AWSM first in the title. Oh I just noticed the scope I was using for reference was the 5-25x56 PM II LP.

In the Pic with the pickup truck, what is the Spotting scope/Viewer? NM it was a Leopold, thought it was a TI....

Edited by kklownboy

Unless google images is completely wrong most of the picks have the Parker-Hale Bipod. As for the whole UK standard I did put AWSM first in the title. Oh I just noticed the scope I was using for reference was the 5-25x56 PM II LP.

Was really just pointing out there there are more differences between the L115A3 and other military versions of the AWSM (UK versions and foreign export versions) than the addition of the upgraded "tactical" muzzle brake. But as you say, you're going for an AWSM rather than a specific sub-version of the rifle.

Parker-Hale style bipods are what was supplied by Accuracy International from the factory (really, both P-H and AI more or less just updated the bipod from the BREN gun for their respective bipod designs), so most Accuracy International rifles have them unless the customer opts for something else. Over here the L115A1 and L115A2 (if memory serves me correct) were both issued with the factory bipod, but when the MoD ran the SSIP programme that resulted in the L115A3 becoming the Armed Forces' standard sniper rifle they opted to go with Harris bipods for whatever reason.

Suppose you can be grateful that you're not trying to make an L96, because I swear that 99% of images on the internet tagged as being "L96s", are of any AI rifle other than L96. :D

http://demigodllc.com/photo/AI-AWSM/ here you got some nice ref pics if you still looking for some

also for muzzle brake - if you dont like the original AW one then you could look at ax338 one which is from same company but with new modern parts

It's not an AX338. It's another rifle action bedded into an AX chassis (AICS AX)

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/12/11/surgeon-rifle-remedy-338-lapua-magnum/

From the manufacturer's website (Surgeon Rifles), it seems they use their own actions, Krieger barrels and AWC muzzle brakes and bed them into an AICS or McMillan A5 stock.

I'd imagine the AWC muzzle brake could be fitted to non-Krieger barrels though, so long as they have the correct thread.

I don't use many non-US weapon platforms ingame, but you've done a solid job so far on the overall weapon. It will be a nice addition, keep up the good work

Thanks guys and Thx Robert those pictures will probably come in handy.

This is looking fantastic! Really looking forward to seeing this get released, keep up the good work man!

Quick question though, are you planning on ASDG compatibility?

This is looking fantastic! Really looking forward to seeing this get released, keep up the good work man!

Quick question though, are you planning on ASDG compatibility?

Thanks and yes ASDG JR will be implemented.

So I skimmed this thread yesterday and looked at the more recent posts, you seem to be kind of choosing components like the muzzle break or something, I am not sure how this rifle has suppressors attached but maybe you could just make different versions of the rifles with different muzzle-brakes or even make the muzzle break an attachment the same way suppressors are?

Maybe you are planning to do this or something, or maybe you have some specific thing you wanted to do I cant really discern how this is handled so far so I would like some clarification.

Also, this looks really nice, good work.

Thanks

-MikeTim