Sign in to follow this  
JestersDead

Black [Sh33p] - No nonsense milsim co-op / PVP

The Black Sh33p are looking for a few highly skilled death machines to join our ranks. We play organized Arma 3 co-op and PVP missions created in-house, and we do it without an imaginary rank structure, or the need to call someone "sir" over the internet. We feel it's more important to play our roles in the mission, and most of all, HAVE FUN! We realize that real life takes priority over gaming, so we have multiple sessions throughout the week available for people who work odd hours, insomniacs, hermits, vagrants, alcoholics, and Europeans. We encourage people to make as many sessions as possible, but we do not have a strict attendance policy.

Current session schedule

Saturdays - 1400 CST

Sundays - 1400 CST

The weekend sessions are the main game days, and have the highest turnout. We also have 2 mid-week sessions:

Tuesdays - 2000 CST

Thursdays - 2000 CST

What to expect

• New missions added regularly
  • Solid community in, AND out of game
  • FIRST PERSON ONLY - it's just how we roll. Once you try it, you'll like it.
  • NO CROSSHAIRS - If you want to hip fire, you're going to have to guess.
  • We maintain a good selection of mods, and even have a couple created in-house. They're all tied up in a nice, neat, easy to install package that is updated regularly.
  • No VAS box - Loadouts are generally set by mission makers, or selected before mission in our mission framework. Ammo crates only slow down the mission start. You want to be a high speed death machine, right?
  • NO RESPAWN - there are rare exceptions to this, but none of our serious missions have respawn enabled. Play like your life depends on it. Unless you just like spectator mode...
  • Dedicated server with headless client.
  • 24/7 Teamspeak server, and we are currently using Task Force Radio for our game comms.
  • Forums and IRC to stay in touch with the rest of the flock

What WE expect

We are not a super strict community, but we do have certain expectations of new members.

• 21+ - Sorry youngsters. EDIT: We have upped the age requirement to 21. We like our members aged, like a fine wine, or stinky cheese.
  • Maturity - We joke around. A lot. Farts are funny, it's scientific fact. But when it's time for game-face, it's time for game-face.
  • Participation - As already mentioned, no one is expected to be at every session, but missing several sessions without the courtesy of a message can result in removal.
  • Positive attitude - This is pretty self explanatory. No whiners. Discussion is encouraged. Constructive criticism is appreciated.
  • Social skills - We are a community first. We're looking for people who are interested in more than just a weekly Arma group.

If you'd like to know more, contact me via PM or steam, and visit us at our homepage

While you're there, fill out an application. It's quick and painless.

If you're still unsure, drop by our IRC web portal and talk to some of our members! There's almost always someone available to chat.

Edited by JestersDead

UPDATE TIME!!!!!

In the past month the sh33p have recruited 11 new members, and are well on our way to the 50 member milestone! Thanks to anyone who has checked us out, and we look forward to seeing the rest of you soon!

We are hosting a joint operation this Thursday (6/3/14) with the great guys from Bourbon Warfare, and hopefully we'll have some good highlights to post from that session.

I'd like to welcome our newest members to the sh33p!

• RedCap
  • Choyer
  • Johnathon
  • Rubbr_Dukkie
  • Saturn 5
  • kOepi
  • darobowns
  • Specter
  • UnicornOne
  • DannyCon
  • Ringo301
  • dovahseg

Want your name added to the list? head to our homepage and fill out an app today! It's quick, and mostly painless!

sh33p%20banner2.jpg

UPDATE 7/22/14!!

We've teamed up with the boys over at Bourbon Warfare for a couple joint ops since the last update, and much fun was had by all. Here's a highlight reel of one of those sessions

And a quick vid of one of our TvT missions. I'm a freedom fighter (terrorist) defending my homeland from the NATO pigs....

Since our last update, we've added a few new names to the roster. I'd like to welcome our new recruits to the Sh33p!!

• Durkee
  • Kera
  • JakeGaming (AKA Jack)
  • McJager
  • Cyanoblamin
  • Notsure
  • Jeff
  • Nitchevo
  • Frase
  • Themoor
  • Simon

Want to see your name added to the list? Head over to our homepage and fill out an app today. It's mostly painless, and the first 5 applicants qualify for a back rub from a staff member!

Undecided? Stop by our IRC web portal and shoot the breeze with us. We're a friendly bunch, and only a couple of us are biters.

* Offer of back rubs only valid until 1730 CST 7/22/14

Update 8/12/14

The Sh33p are celebrating a year of awesome gameplay in Arma 3! That's right, August marks a full year of existence! One of our staff members, Flowers, made a video for our 1st anniversary. It's a bit long, but good times were had:

We've also added more fresh faces to our ranks. I'd like to welcome our newest FNG's to the Sh33p!

• BadVoodoo
  • dannyboy
  • PVCpipeofthegoat
  • IKickUrBaby
  • Bret
  • supwer
  • semper
  • Geaux
  • Dielawn
  • Hund
  • Wasicun

Welcome aboard!

Think your name would be a good addition to that list? Do you want to play with an Arma group, but don't want to sit through hours of "basic training" sessions before you can play? Then you, my friend, should check us out. Check out the media tab at the top of the page to see some of our member youtube channels, and hit that recruitment link to fill out an application. It only takes a couple minutes. If our website isn't enough to convince you, stop on by our IRC web portal and chat us up. We love talking to new people, and there's pretty much always someone on IRC that can answer any questions you may have about the Sh33p.

As always, feel free to PM me here or add me on steam as well. See you next time!