2fast

The Super Soldier Mode – Ultimate Cheat Module for Single Player

The Super Soldier Mode – Ultimate Cheat Module for Single Player

@YQ_MOD

<Motivation>

I have been playing Arma since the OFP days and I was never really good at it, probably due to lack of commitment and multiplayer experience. I really liked the realistic aspect of Arma, compare to other mainstream games like COD and BF. But at the same time, sometimes the realism leaves me frustrated. Things like fatigue, injury. Most of you probably think that the realism is part of the fun, but for me, I am just looking for a quick 1 hour fun mission most of the times without feeling the need to restart every time I am shot in the leg and unable to run and hence failing the mission. Therefore, I decided to get into scripting to enable certain cheats for myself that makes the game easier for me (arcade-ish you may argue), yet retain other aspects of Arma that I really enjoy.

<Description>

This mod is not packed into PBO nor signed. There are 2 reasons. Firstly this is sole designed for SP experience. All code are not optimized for multiplayer. Secondly, as the development is ongoing, I am able to edit scripts on the fly without even exiting the game.

This mod was developed for Arma 2 as a custom mission, then expanded as addon for Arma 3. I have worked on this project on and off for probably 2 years.

<Installation>

DO NOT RENAME THE FOLDER. OTHERWISE IT WON’T WORK.

Since it is not packed in anyway, the folder names has to be strictly the same as they are hardcoded in the scripts.

Just load this like any other addon. No dependency on any addons.

<Usage>

The GUI for this addon is only optimized for 1080P resolution and Small GUI size. All other configurations are not optimized. This is because this mod is designed for personal usage initially and not intended for release. There is currently no plan to optimize for other GUI config yet as my dialog skill is not good enough. You can however tweak it as you wish if you have the knowledge. Do share your modification with others if you get it working. =)

To enable Super Soldier Mod (YQ_MOD), press ESC during any single player mode or editor mode, there should be a button called YQ_MOD just above the pause menu. Clicking on the button will enable the mod for you. If the button is not showing up, check out reply #17 by asuseroako. Let me know if it is still not working.

<Hotkey Menus/functions>

INFORMATION NOT COMPLETE DUE TO SIMPLY TOO MANY FUNCTIONALITIES. I WILL UPDATE WHEN I FIND MORE TIME

There are many other functions that are not documented here, because this mod has accumulated too many things since the start. I will do what I can but you can just play around with all menus and buttons. I am sure you can figure it out.

The followings are the main functions of this mod. They are triggered via hotkey combinations. By WIN, it refers to WIN LEFT key on your keyboard. All number keys are referring to the main keyboard number and not Number Pad keys.

Super Soldier Main Menu (WIN + 1)

• Range Finder (only in scope view. Shows target distance, cursor distance, target classname, wind direction left/right -/+)

• Auto regen health (COD style)

• Fatigue off (it is a must if you want to carry 5 rifles in the backpack and Run'n Gun =P)

• Kill Ticker

• HUD

• Mini Map

• Supply air drop, vehicle air drop

• Heli insertion (click on maps to give waypoints, use Shift+Click to end. The first point is pickup location and last point is unload position. Flight plan can be updated in flight. Want a extraction heli waiting for you right after an assassination? No problem!)

• Stealth indicator (use marker to show the area where enemy THINKS you are located, fun to be a stealthy sniper)

• Scan for enemy intel (something likes unit tracker, updated every few mins. Also includes a 100M radius proximity sensor that tracks all units at real time. -->> I suck at CQB)

• Mark enemy position with the intel from your squad (Orange marker shows the position of enemy that are spotted by your squad)

• Climb roof (perfect for urban snipers. I wrote a custom script to determine the actual height of a building in order to place unit on top of it, so far works great!)

• Accelerate/skip time

• UAV for scanning surroundings for enemy (spawn a UAV for scouting purposes)

• Savegame (will overwrite auto savegame in missions)

Weapon Mod Menu (WIN + 2)

• directly attach any attachment without need to carry any (support ASDG Rail attachment. Spent couple of hours learning from VAS to read all compatible ASDG items, today ASDG updated with a built in function....Anyway Thanks VAS!)

• Switch main weapon with ones in backpack

• Force pack a weapon (snipers,long rifles etc) into backpack

• Repack magazines

• Preview of attachment pictures

Target Menu (WIN + 3)

• Repair target (unit or vehicles, but cannot revive)

• Flip vehicles

Squad Menu (WIN + 4)

• Call in reinforcement (4 man squad)

• Squad movement (issue waypoints individually or as a small group)

• Switch Leader

• Squad self heal

• Dismiss member

• Squad member list support multiple selection. If you dont select any, it is considered as selecting all

Focus (Shift Left when in scope view)

• Slows down time for you to aim properly at ironsight/scope view.

• Allows easier weapon sway management

• Good for snipers or in 1 vs Many situations

Toggle Weapon Sights (Tab)

• Toggles between the last 2 optics you have used on your weapon

• Works on primary weapons only

• Quick change of optics saves you the trouble of going into inventory and drag attachment to the correct slot. Good for situation where you have to switch from a long range scope to CQB sights

Set Weapon (WIN + Space)

• Simulate the effect of bipod (less recoil), but has no restriction at all, means you can be in any posture anywhere

• However, you are limited to about 60 degrees angle and 1 meter of movement before having to set weapon again

Quick Switch Weapon (Shift + 1/Shift + 2) ---- WIP, potentially buggy

• Allows to quickly swap weapons on your hand with the next one in your backpack

• Scripts remembers the attachments you have used on the weapon so when you swap it back, the attachment will stay

• Could be used in CQB where you need to switch from Sniper rifle to Sub Machine Guns

<Other Functions>

HUD

• Gives you overall information on the map, including mini map, health, kill ticker, enemy in range, enemy detection etc

• Use WIN + Up/WIN + Down to zoom in and out on mini map

Weapon Selection Menu

• This menu will be available as an action on player within the first minute upon activating this mod. This allows the possibility of fully customize your initial loadout before commencing your mission. A mission can often feel drastically different when playing with different kind of weapons

• A quick way to load up your unit to how you want, without needing to dig through ammo box

• Preset available. Can be configured in data\weapon\preset\

Outfit Selection Menu

• Same as weapon menu, this is available as an action within the first minute upon activation. Allows you to customize your outfit. Do checkout the custom vest and backpack I made for almost unlimited storage

• Select your outfit with a external camera so that you know how you look like

Config Modifications

• Minimize all weapon sway

• Custom GM6 with straight (unrealistic) ballistics and AT like power. (I know, i am lazy to switch to AT/AA weapons), typically take 1 shot to the engine to take out a unarmored vehicle, and less than 10 for a armored vehicle. High Explosive round also available for EXPLOSIONS. Perfect for shooting out helicopters from the sky.

• Custom EBR with straight ballistics and huge calibre that pierce through anything. Perfect for sniping out drivers and gunners inside a armored vehicle. Only 3 round per magazine to limit its usage (i have some conscience after all)

• Custom vest and backpack with HUGE volume. Store launchers rifles ammo and everything!

• Custom laser designator with zoom x1-x60 and TWS. Allows for easy scanning of surroundings with large FOV

Kill Trigger

• If you kill any AI, a notification will pop up like BF style

• Headshot message will be indicated if you made a headshot

<Libraries>

Probably the proudest part of this mod. I have tried to organized all the frequently used functions into data\fnc folder for you, so that you can simply call these functions within this mod as long as it is initialized. Just to highlight a few below

• Dynamically read config entries for weapons, units, vehicless and pretty much everything you need in addon or missions

• Spawning pretty much anything you want with a simple statement.

• Generate positions base on parameters. Generate waypoints. Etc.

There are many other scripts that I put in other folders under data\. Not as frequently used, hence not in the data\ fnc libraries, but you might find it useful.

I think the library is good for dynamically creating missions as well. I have made a personal dynamic mission without actually placing anything on the editor but running all from scripts. But this is for later.

<Issues>

Might have some issues during save/load for some missions, so best not to die, which is the purpose of this mod.

Some functions are WIP so might be broken as expected.

Does not show up on some people's UI at Esc Menu. My setting is set at 1080p, Wide 16:9 ratio and small interface size. Still investigating.

If the button does not show up, try enable it via other script in editor, try this

nul = [] execVM "\@YQ_MOD\data\scriptInit.sqf";

Alternative tweaks to Activation button

Go to data\dialog\superSoldier, change the definition of position (x and y) below. Maybe it is out of range of your display area.

class RscDisplayInterrupt: RscStandardDisplay {

class Controls {

class b_YQ_MOD: RscButton

{

idc = -1;

text = "YQ_MOD";

action = "[] execVM '@YQ_MOD\data\scriptInit.sqf';";

x = -27 * GUI_GRID_W + GUI_GRID_X; //38

y = 20 * GUI_GRID_H + GUI_GRID_Y; //28.5

w = 5.5 * GUI_GRID_W;

h = 1.5 * GUI_GRID_H;

};

};

};

<Terms>

You are free to use or modify the content of this mods for your own use. However you are always welcome to share it here first for us to see. I will also integrate it if it fits into my vision of this mod.

<Credits>

I have to thank pretty much all mod/script makers out there. All my scripting knowledge come from you guys. So please forgive me for not making a specific list. If you see your code being used in my mod, please don’t be offended, you just helped me solve a problem that puzzled me for days or even weeks =)

Of course special mention goes to BIS for such a wonderful game with limitless possibilities.

<Change Log>

v1.01

+fix: uploaded correct version as v1.0 was outdated

v1.03

+added: ability to target self or own veh

+added: unstuck animation using target menu and get up (for player only)

+added: revive self after time delay

+added: add rating manipulation to prevent being renegade (at revive)

+added: new inteligence system(removed proximity sensor)

+added: UAV surveilance system

+fix: rework intel and proximity sensor

+added: revive teammate in target menu

+modified: auto unpack container

+added: death marker of reinforcement group member for better location after death for revive

+added: revive action on group members (no need to use target menu)

+fix: addweapon works only when load is less than 1

+added: add 3d icon to spotted enemy

<Download>

www.filedropper.com v1.03

armaholic Thanks foxhound!

<HELP NEEDED>

I will need help from people to setup a user config to allow user to define their own hotkey. Also people who are experienced in making the UI compatible with different resolution and UI size.

Tester also needed if you want to get the latest version and test out for bugs for me

<Screenshots>

Activation Button

Super Soldier Main Menu

Weapon Mod Menu

Target Menu

Squad Menu

HUD and MiniMap

Range Finder in Scope View

Squad Command with waypoints

Weapon Menu

Outfit Menu

Edited by 2fast

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for releasing this...looks like it might be a good testing tool as well. What is your position on usage of the scripts? I can envision using some of this in my own missions.

I'm with Savage on this one. This could make a brilliant testing tool! Also, it just looks like a lot of fun for those missions in which we want to have a more "run 'n gun" action. Good work.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

Thanks Foxhound! love your website!

---------- Post added at 15:44 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

Thanks for releasing this...looks like it might be a good testing tool as well. What is your position on usage of the scripts? I can envision using some of this in my own missions.

It is great for testing new addon weapons and attachment. Although a lot of the scripts in data\fnc are shared with a personal dynamic mission I have created, so you might not see too much usage in the mod, other than spawning your teammates or transportations. So check out the folder, I think there should definitely be something useful for you. I might release that mission at a later stage. I wanted it to be fully dynamic, meaning all classnames are grabbed from config, and with random area generators and random ai patrols and vehicles. works alright on a small scale for now, we will see.

I'm with Savage on this one. This could make a brilliant testing tool! Also, it just looks like a lot of fun for those missions in which we want to have a more "run 'n gun" action. Good work.

Exactly! I wanted to have a more of Run n Gun style single play experience, a lone wolf who take on the world with a little bit of super power like unlimited supports or super strength (carry more than 5 rifles in backpack).

People who might be frustrated by the difficulty of arma might find this helpful in surviving the battlefield much easier ( --->me) =P

So how is it with this addon, is it possible to turn on/off the functions of each menu?

Yes. Most buttons act as a toggle. =) if you want to disable certain menus though, you have to dive into the scripts to turn off the corresponding hotkey trigger

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@yq_mod.png

@ 2fast;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

I do not see the button called YQ_MOD just above the pause menu.Ver 1.20

I do not see the button called YQ_MOD just above the pause menu.Ver 1.20

DO you have A3 configured as 1080p and UI size small? For other settings, especially smaller display area ones, the button might be out of bound on your display.

---------- Post added at 17:40 ---------- Previous post was at 17:39 ----------

Well thats the point. I have zero clues how to edit a script ^^

This mod is not that user friendly yet in terms of customization. However, you can always choose not to activate certain functions. I forgot to put a version number and they put it as 1.0, in fact i think this is more like a 0.5 =)

---------- Post added at 17:41 ---------- Previous post was at 17:40 ----------

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

http://img-cdn.withsix.com/mods/rv/@yq_mod.png

@ 2fast;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Thanks Sonsalt!

Updated v1.01. v1.0 file was a outdated version I uploaded by mistake. Fixed now.

I too am in the same boat, I cannot see anything. I was expecting something similar to Kronzky's support call, but I couldn't find it.

My resolution is 1920x1080 and interface size is also set to small.

I tried on laptop(1366x768) and TV(1920x1080).Nothing has changed

Is there any way to turn on mod by default without button?

Edited by Sammael
  • Like 1

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

I tried on laptop(1366x768) and TV(1920x1080).Nothing has changed

Is there any way to turn on mod by default without button?

I too am in the same boat, I cannot see anything. I was expecting something similar to Kronzky's support call, but I couldn't find it.

My resolution is 1920x1080 and interface size is also set to small.

I am not sure why to be honest. You can try disable all other mods first and see if it is affecting this. If not, I probably have to wait for someone who manage to get it working to check and compare his configuration.

If you want to enable it via other script in editor, try this

nul = [] execVM "\@YQ_MOD\data\scriptInit.sqf";

First post updated with screenshots and more descriptions.

@anyone else: if you get it working, kindly let me know you setting, especially the resolution and interface size.

Alternative tweaks to Activation button

Go to data\dialog\superSoldier, change the definition of position below

class Controls {

{

idc = -1;

text = "YQ_MOD";

x = -27 * GUI_GRID_W + GUI_GRID_X; //38

y = 20 * GUI_GRID_H + GUI_GRID_Y; //28.5

w = 5.5 * GUI_GRID_W;

h = 1.5 * GUI_GRID_H;

};

};

};

Edited by 2fast

I've got a laptop running the game in 1680x1050, 16:10 Wide aspect ratio

http://s17.postimg.org/kir8i1r33/arma3_2014_06_05_12_41_49_61.jpg

As expected, the button, HUD and minimap are displaced, like this...

http://s15.postimg.org/9p2mvoowb/arma3_2014_06_05_12_37_21_04.png

The codes below seem to have addressed the issue (at least on my part)...

1) For the file superSoldier.hpp, edit x and y values (as shown in red)

class Controls {
	{
		idc = -1;
		text = "YQ_MOD";
[color="#FF0000"]		        x = "1 * 			(			((safezoneW / safezoneH) min 1.2) / 40) + 			(safezoneX)";
	        y = "12 * (	(	((safezoneW / safezoneH) min 1.2) / 1.2) / 25) + (safezoneY + safezoneH - ( ((safezoneW / safezoneH) min 1.2) / 1.2))";[/color]			
		w = 5.5 * GUI_GRID_W;
		h = 1.5 * GUI_GRID_H;
	};
};
};

and for the HUD and minimap, you'll find these in hud.hpp. Edit x values as shown in red.

class t_stat_1: RscText
		{
			idc = 1001;
			sizeEx = 0.03;	
			colorText[] = COLOR_WHITE;
			style = ST_RIGHT;
			text = "STAT 1"; //--- ToDo: Localize;
			[color="#FF0000"]x = 47.5 * GUI_GRID_W + GUI_GRID_X;[/color]
			y = 3.5 * GUI_GRID_H + GUI_GRID_Y;
			w = 16 * GUI_GRID_W;
			h = 0.5 * GUI_GRID_H;
		};

//add minimap element inside
		class map : KEGsRscMapControl
		{
			idc = 101;
			[color="#FF0000"]x = 50 * GUI_GRID_W + GUI_GRID_X;[/color]
			y = 10 * GUI_GRID_H + GUI_GRID_Y;
			w = 13 * GUI_GRID_W;
			h = 11 * GUI_GRID_H;

Result:

http://s24.postimg.org/q9uwxrj45/arma3_2014_06_05_12_49_54_64.png

I hope that helps those with same screen resolution as mine. Thanks to 2fast for sharing :)

I've got a laptop running the game in 1680x1050, 16:10 Wide aspect ratio

http://s17.postimg.org/kir8i1r33/arma3_2014_06_05_12_41_49_61.jpg

As expected, the button, HUD and minimap are displaced, like this...

http://s15.postimg.org/9p2mvoowb/arma3_2014_06_05_12_37_21_04.png

The codes below seem to have addressed the issue (at least on my part)...

1) For the file superSoldier.hpp, edit x and y values (as shown in red)

class Controls {
	{
		idc = -1;
		text = "YQ_MOD";
[color="#FF0000"]		        x = "1 * 			(			((safezoneW / safezoneH) min 1.2) / 40) + 			(safezoneX)";
	        y = "12 * (	(	((safezoneW / safezoneH) min 1.2) / 1.2) / 25) + (safezoneY + safezoneH - ( ((safezoneW / safezoneH) min 1.2) / 1.2))";[/color]			
		w = 5.5 * GUI_GRID_W;
		h = 1.5 * GUI_GRID_H;
	};
};
};

and for the HUD and minimap, you'll find these in hud.hpp. Edit x values as shown in red.

class t_stat_1: RscText
		{
			idc = 1001;
			sizeEx = 0.03;	
			colorText[] = COLOR_WHITE;
			style = ST_RIGHT;
			text = "STAT 1"; //--- ToDo: Localize;
			[color="#FF0000"]x = 47.5 * GUI_GRID_W + GUI_GRID_X;[/color]
			y = 3.5 * GUI_GRID_H + GUI_GRID_Y;
			w = 16 * GUI_GRID_W;
			h = 0.5 * GUI_GRID_H;
		};

//add minimap element inside
		class map : KEGsRscMapControl
		{
			idc = 101;
			[color="#FF0000"]x = 50 * GUI_GRID_W + GUI_GRID_X;[/color]
			y = 10 * GUI_GRID_H + GUI_GRID_Y;
			w = 13 * GUI_GRID_W;
			h = 11 * GUI_GRID_H;

Result:

http://s24.postimg.org/q9uwxrj45/arma3_2014_06_05_12_49_54_64.png

I hope that helps those with same screen resolution as mine. Thanks to 2fast for sharing :)

Awesome! Thanks so much! I will update the first post to point to your reply :)

With asuseroako config all displays except minimap(1366x768) and all the great on 1920x1080

I´ve tried it too last night and i have to say it was very much fun, especially the GM6 Lynx Custom was so much fun.

Thx for your mod dude :)

What a great tool for messing around in the editor, thanks!

Finally got it working, and it's quite awesome I must say.

However I don't quite understand how to get the UAV working so that I can control it or gain some intel from what it sees.

Also, the supply drop chopper seems to not work very well, I would suggest if possible getting the helicopter to simply let go of the cargo at height instead of what it seems to want to do.

Finally got it working, and it's quite awesome I must say.

However I don't quite understand how to get the UAV working so that I can control it or gain some intel from what it sees.

Also, the supply drop chopper seems to not work very well, I would suggest if possible getting the helicopter to simply let go of the cargo at height instead of what it seems to want to do.

Thanks for the feedback. Mind posting your modification and UI setting up here for people who might have the same issue?

Anyway, the UAV button will release a UAV for you. You can access it if you have UAV terminal on you (I suggest you load the preset 1 in weapon menu, has everything you need there). Then you can connect to the UAV for surveilance. In the next release I wil make surveilance easier by marking out enemy automatically on your map once UAV reaches height.

Supply drop chopper is scripted to drop cargo at about 10 meter height. So if you place the waypoint at a location where there are buildings and trees around, when the chopper attempt to land, it will get cancelled somehow and attempt again. In the next release, I will set a finite time before chopper gives up and simply drops the cargo. Also cargo will be unpacked automatically without player using action.