Sign in to follow this  
FredAirland

Arma 3 Helicopters DLC Discussion (dev branch)

current a3 flight model is for some reason different from ToH

what i can say for sure is that helicopters act like they don't have any weight. ToH expert flight model was enjoyable, this one is a bit too jerky

Maybe is a compatibility thing with PhysX. I guarantee it is actually, seeing as how TOH didn't have NVidia Physics, they now have to account for it, which may take a little extra time, my guess.

if thats the case, why not simply remove physX for helicopters and leave it for ground objects and cars interaction only?..

collisions in air are unlikely things

if thats the case, why not simply remove physX for helicopters and leave it for ground objects and cars interaction only?..

collisions in air are unlikely things

In my opinion, i think it's best BI find a balance using the two, that way they can improve upon the tech, which means an existing formula for future implementation. I think we all know that work around's never turn out that great. It's like cooking food, and trying to make it work by taking out a certain spice, instead of finding the balance between spices.

current a3 flight model is for some reason different from ToH

what i can say for sure is that helicopters act like they don't have any weight. ToH expert flight model was enjoyable, this one is a bit too jerky

ToH was far from perfect, to be frank I wouldn't be happy with a straight untweaked implementation of the flight model from ToH... even if they did do exactly that it would only cover one helicopter the ah6/ah9, the others in Arma 3 were not in ToH.

As for how they handle right now in dev build... its WIP and changing every few days, so its not like they're done with it yet. I'll say though that where it is now is a big improvement from the initial advanced flight model release, I even managed to autorotation land a mi48 yesterday after getting the engine destroyed, thats a first for me in Arma even though I first started trying to get that to work right back in the original Armed Assault.

So was there already any news about when all the new dlc helicopters and stuff will see the light of the day? I wasn't following it very close anymore and now it feels to me like BIS announced it like 10 years ago and remained silent since.

So was there already any news about when all the new dlc helicopters and stuff will see the light of the day? I wasn't following it very close anymore and now it feels to me like BIS announced it like 10 years ago and remained silent since.

Do you know the three fatima secrets? this is the fourth

Is this a sneak peek to a possible new helo in the DLC?

This would mean that we will get more than just 2 big transport helicopters! And I would really love that, since 13€ for 2 models + a bit of extra content are way to much.

But maybe this is just an old image and they used the sound for the orca (which also has a similar fenestron tail).

Well given the Engine used in this Helicopter, it's the same engine used in the EC-155, and various other helicopters. So, it doesn't necessarily mean that we are going to get the EC-135, but it'd be more than welcome to get more than 2 Heavies.

Is this a sneak peek to a possible new helo in the DLC?

This would mean that we will get more than just 2 big transport helicopters! And I would really love that, since 13€ for 2 models + a bit of extra content are way to much.

But maybe this is just an old image and they used the sound for the orca (which also has a similar fenestron tail).

The amount you pay also covers other studio related expenses besides the resources poured into the DLC. If BI were to adopt a targeted pricing scheme just to cover expenditures and offer a "fair" price (which is relative from user to user based on their available funds at the time and their own scale by which they measure value) they would turn into a not for profit :cool:

As for the photo, I think they are just expanding their sound library.

Here's a small video I made on the new sling loading feature in the latest dev build. Again - my microphone decided to finally die - nice timing.

You forgot, SUV's are hookable as well.

It's always something. Hah. Still, not that big of a misinformation. I'll really be happy when I see all other types of vehicles with the ability to be sling loaded. And fast roping. And firing from vehicles. And the new helicopters.

Calling b00ce...

What are your cargo hooks rated at? Ours are 6,000 pounds (3 tons), so the "4t" value that BIS is using seems a bit high.

Calling b00ce...

What are your cargo hooks rated at? Ours are 6,000 pounds (3 tons), so the "4t" value that BIS is using seems a bit high.

Should be 9,000 lbs (4.5t) for the Lima and Mikes' cargo hooks. The primary limiting factor is power, so whether you get off the ground is another issue entirely. :rolleyes:

Not that it matters, the UH-60A is rated at 8k lbs (4t).

Edited by b00ce

Gotcha. Yeah, I was asking regardless of power, as that's a whole other ball of wax with the flight model.

you know, being DLC discussion, i'd so very be hyped to see the hinds from or similar to the HIND tKOH pack here. they was so freaking nice and the super hind or other more modern vairants would add to the arma3 setting remarkably well.

Gotcha. Yeah, I was asking regardless of power, as that's a whole other ball of wax with the flight model.

That disclaimer was for the other folks. ;) Most people would see 9,000 lbs and go "WOAAAAA! Neat!" and think it'll fly no matter what; not accounting for fuel, passengers, aircraft mods, internal cargo, crew, altitude, wind speed, air temperature, humidity, etc. etc. etc.

That disclaimer was for the other folks. ;) Most people would see 9,000 lbs and go "WOAAAAA! Neat!" and think it'll fly no matter what; not accounting for fuel, passengers, aircraft mods, internal cargo, crew, altitude, wind speed, air temperature, humidity, etc. etc. etc.

I have found myself removing fuel from the hummingbird in order to be more agile while carrying 6 passengers. Works wonders.

teaser from the stream today looked like a tandem rotor NATO heli , with the stealth fittings similar to the wipeout and ghosthawk. looked pretty cool.

Possibly a chinook variant, but could be wrong (could be similar to a sea knight for instance)

Only saw it from the back and in fuzzy detail. they teased they might release source pic on FB or twitter or something

Edit - posted on FB just now:

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/l/t31.0-8/1276926_774685212578211_2483329397450782176_o.jpg (240 kB)

Edited by Takelmeifter

teaser from the stream today looked like a tandem rotor NATO heli , with the stealth fittings similar to the wipeout and ghosthawk. looked pretty cool.

Possibly a chinook variant, but could be wrong (could be similar to a sea knight for instance)

Only saw it from the back and in fuzzy detail. they teased they might release source pic on FB or twitter or something

DARNET, and I just woke up. Lol