Sign in to follow this  
FredAirland

Arma 3 Helicopters DLC Discussion (dev branch)

Regardless of whether it is realistic, it doesn't seem feasible in this game engine.

I served as a driver in a quick reaction force, and I can safely say that with the equipment we had, it was not possible. I guess I could draw the G17 if a threat came really close to the vehicle though.

Pulling out a rifle would be pretty ridiculous. What are you supposed to do if you're trapped in a situation like that though? Duck? It's pretty hard to duck in the driver's seat.

^ Exactly this. Ambition aside though, i believe it should be a passenger thing only. Driver is a driver, so drive. Gunner(s) will be Gunner(s), and passengers will have the opportunity for defense against enemies, or the offense. If your alone, tough luck.

Pulling out a rifle would be pretty ridiculous. What are you supposed to do if you're trapped in a situation like that though? Duck? It's pretty hard to duck in the driver's seat.

You have to rely on your squadmates to keep the threat at a distance. They can easily use their assault rifles. Some of them were equipped with short carbines, and with the foldable stock they can be used in small spaces.

Short variant to the left and full length to the right. I had the full length. Not possible to manouver that from the drivers seat while driving.

t_ak5c_ak5d.jpg

Edit: Here you can see how much of a benefit a bullpup can be when firing from vehicle:

Edited by Brisse

Speaking of Bullpups, the SDAR... actually, ill mention that in a different thread. Anyway, kinda disappointed on the delay for sling loading. September is almost here, and i'm sure we could find out some things for the DEV's a lot faster if it were not delayed. Oh well, more cups of tea to sip while we wait.

^ Exactly this. Ambition aside though, i believe it should be a passenger thing only. Driver is a driver, so drive. Gunner(s) will be Gunner(s), and passengers will have the opportunity for defense against enemies, or the offense. If your alone, tough luck.
That's already the way that it is in VBS3 with wheeled vehicles, although the gunner can utilize a personal weapon via the same "turn out" command the as passengers.

Oh, and at least a reason for the sling-loading delay was actually given (prioritizing the MP sync problems in v1.26).

Speaking of Bullpups, the SDAR... actually, ill mention that in a different thread. Anyway, kinda disappointed on the delay for sling loading. September is almost here, and i'm sure we could find out some things for the DEV's a lot faster if it were not delayed. Oh well, more cups of tea to sip while we wait.

Understatements of the thread in bold. As for the KelTec RFB aka SDAR, it's got an atrocious muzzle climb, an odd forward ejection port just above the barrel and the charging handle tends to stick from what I've heard. And the length isn't too great for CQB (operation within a vehicle) in my opinion. About 30 inches long. (Length of a FAL minus the stock.) Still a fairly new company though at 3 years. They do have some good designs though.

Edited by Nullrick

It'd really be fantastic to see a railed version of the SDAR for more on lad use though, as it does make a good CQB weapon and a possible good weapon for shooting out of vehicles with.

Wait was sling load offically delayed to after firing from vehicles or something?

I feel like sling loading might be a bit more useful mission wise, but whatever I guess.

Thought they had started work on sling load when they hired that new guy, who was supposed to help them right?

Wait was sling load offically delayed to after firing from vehicles or something?

I feel like sling loading might be a bit more useful mission wise, but whatever I guess.

Thought they had started work on sling load when they hired that new guy, who was supposed to help them right?

It's not ready for public testing yet. They expected it to be by now, but the programmers involved were focused on fixing desync recently. I don't see anything about it being delayed until after firing from vehicles is staged, or any other info on a timeline for that matter.

With the delay, they might have to stage both at once, maybe. That'd be interesting. Carrying a quadbike while some guys are aiming off the side of the MH-9...

I'm not sure so somebody please confirm it! Will firing from vehicle available only in helos or any vehicles? As i remember there was an official statement about this, but i don't know where. Twitter or forum?

I'm not sure so somebody please confirm it! Will firing from vehicle available only in helos or any vehicles? As i remember there was an official statement about this, but i don't know where. Twitter or forum?
It has always been described as "from vehicles", not "from helicopters", and the official account tweeted that they were testing it with the (unarmed) offroad as well as the MH-9 benches.

It's confirmed helicopters already, and they confirmed it won't be restricted to helicopters, meaning it can be used for vehicles.

Dan;2765025']Nope' date=' but shooting from helis I think.[/quote']

Oh. Well that's been established for a while now. Just about as long as when the helicopter DLC was announced. Damn people got me excited then.

I just wish that BI would show some pictures of what will be in the DLC, I am thinking of creating a transport helicopter for A3, but I don't want that the time will be wasted when it is already part of the DLC.

And I cannot wait to see it :D

The shooting from helicopters... If they announce the helicopters, it'll be next month for sure, and don't worry, ill post it so you can see it.

Technically the release was announced for the end of september, and BI always release the content at least one week or two before in the dev branch, so... soon.

If they announce the helicopters, it'll be next month for sure

Being as the DLC goes live in September I'd say so lol

I'm surprised, they would have already teased us about it if it was for a late september release.

We didn't see any new screen about the upcoming helicopter or feature. I'm sure it will be delayed.

I bet the release will be delayed.

It is possible that if the official release is delayed. end of October? :confused: