Sign in to follow this  
gummybear_qc

On the spot ambushes possible?

So I play alot of warfare and was getting bored with lunchers so I play spec ops ish with mines and charges. I tried planting a charge and baiting a gorgon by shooting at but the Ai just stays there. Is it actually possible or not?

The enemy is not simply going to come to you in a situation like that. They are safe enough to simply chill out in their vehicle and shoot any threat from a distance. Then again, i'm not a n expert on AI so...

like DarksideSideSixOfficial said, in that situation it doesn't make sense for the vehicle crew to try and approach you: you've got nothing that can hurt them at range and they've got all the tools they need to kill you. It would probably be a better idea to observe the Gorgon's patrol pattern and plant your explosives along a route it is likely to use, and detonate when it passes by. If all else fails, try to approach it from a blind spot and do it the old fashioned way.

like DarksideSideSixOfficial said, in that situation it doesn't make sense for the vehicle crew to try and approach you: you've got nothing that can hurt them at range and they've got all the tools they need to kill you. It would probably be a better idea to observe the Gorgon's patrol pattern and plant your explosives along a route it is likely to use, and detonate when it passes by. If all else fails, try to approach it from a blind spot and do it the old fashioned way.

Ok and do AI have third persin view? Like if their cannon insnt pointed torwards me (nor commandrr cam), its impossible for them to detect me, right?

Ok and do AI have third persin view? Like if their cannon insnt pointed torwards me (nor commandrr cam), its impossible for them to detect me, right?

As long as you don't make too much noise, and or expose yourself to one of their sensors or camera's, your good to try a close take down from a blind spot. Otherwise, they will take notice and scan, and surely find you. And no, they do not have 3rd person.

Exposing yourself (baiting) a mounted enemy patrol would be a fatal mistake. Is the patrol your mission target? If so then you should perform in depth recon duties, observing enemy patrol routes, technology capabilities, etc and then plan accordingly. You decide the time and place of their death. If the patrol is not your mission target than you should avoid it at all costs. Exposing your team before mission success could go very wrong, very fast.

Find a parked car, steal it, park it in the middle of the road on their patrol route, with a charge strapped to it, and maybe one next to the road where the enemy will be when they try to avoid the parked car. Wait until they approach(IRL they would get out and investigate, which you can even achieve through triggers and scripts if you wanted) and as the patrol avoids the car, boom. Evac and smoke a cigar. This simulates a "broken down car" IED ambush, which would work very well IRL