Sign in to follow this  
Everon Railways

Mission name showing in editor but when opened empty map.

I'm trying to import official sp missions into the editor (ofp). I'm using cpbo to extract the pbo files and then copy them to a specific user mission folder. When I open the editor and select "load" I can see the name of the single player mission (I just placed in the folder) in the drop down window and select it. However, when I open the mission in the editor there is nothing on the map. There are no units, triggers, waypoints, etc. The entire map is empty. Any suggestions? Thank you.

After giving up on this for a while, I finally resolved some problems with my computer that would not allow me to run DeRap. I'm now able to run DeRap and it converted the mission.sqm files into a readable text file. This text file is in the editor mission folder along with the original mission.sqm. What do I need to do with the text file? The mission appears in the editor mission drop down menu but still just a blank map, no units, no waypoints, no triggers, nothing. What do I have to do to bring this mission onto the map for editing? Thanks!

Download this PBO Decryptor 1.5 by Amalfi (Link may not work with Chrome) Then drag the mission you want to edit to desktop, run PBO Decryptor open file (mission) then Decompress. After you have decompressed the mission you wil have two files on your desktop 1 folder and 1 txt doc you can delete the text file as that is not needed, drag the mission folder to your user/name/missions folder

Thanks KayvaanShrike, I'm trying to import the original OFP single player missions (those that came with the game) into the editor. Those mission.sqm files refuse to show themselves in the open editor. I've been experimenting with my own editor missions by swapping mission.sqm files from one mission folder to another and they will appear in the editor as they should under the new swapped mission name. I've derapified the original files but they still are not showing.

I've tried the PBO Decryptor 1.5 by Amalfi and still nothing. What am I doing wrong here?

I drag the mission file to the desktop and open PBO Decryptor, I then attempt to drag the file into the "open file" box of the Decryptor. When the file gets over the window, a circle with a slash through it appears, indicating that it will not accept the file. I have to manually select the file path from the Windows Explorer pop up which then appears when I click the "open file" button in the Decryptor window. I select the mission FOLDER for the Dycryptor and Dycryptor does it's thing and places the processed FOLDER on the desktop. I then drag the Folder into my user missions folder where my own editor created missions are stored. When I go into the editor I see the newly installed folder which contains the decryptored files. When I load the mission, I still get the blank map...nothing.

I drag the mission file to the desktop and open PBO Decryptor, I then attempt to drag the file into the "open file" box of the Decryptor. When the file gets over the window, a circle with a slash through it appears, indicating that it will not accept the file. I have to manually select the file path from the Windows Explorer pop up which then appears when I click the "open file" button in the Decryptor window. I select the mission FOLDER for the Dycryptor and Dycryptor does it's thing and places the processed FOLDER on the desktop. I then drag the Folder into my user missions folder where my own editor created missions are stored. When I go into the editor I see the newly installed folder which contains the decryptored files. When I load the mission, I still get the blank map...nothing.

It's like I said in my earlier post. All original BIS missions and campaigns have had the mission.sqm files rapified. You need to de-rap the mission.sqm files in order to open it in the game mission editor. Eliteness is the only thing I know of that will do this.

It's like I said in my earlier post. All original BIS missions and campaigns have had the mission.sqm files rapified. You need to de-rap the mission.sqm files in order to open it in the game mission editor. Eliteness is the only thing I know of that will do this.

FINALLY Success! Zulu, I reinstalled Eliteness and Derapified the files, the key was saving the files in the Elitness window file menu which would ultimately change the file so it would show up in the editor.

Many thanks to You and KayvaanShrike for the help!