Yeah, one of my concerns in doing camouflage painted scopes was that it's kind of hard to pick a colour palette and pattern for an attachment that's going to fit all manner of different weapons.

In the end I copied the colours directly from the .psd files for the Marksmen DLC weapons, mixing a bit of CSAT, NATO and AAF in a disruptive pattern so they look alright on the official content. "When in doubt, copy BIS" - a golden rule of addon-making.

I do think it looks pretty good on Toadie's ghillied AWM, but it's not an exact calibre match for a L115 since that's .300WM rather than .338LM

LDS colour was chosen by googling the manufacturer of the issued paint for SA80 etc. and finding out that the cans of coyote EC-Paint is sold online as RAL 7006 (approx [118,106,92]) in other countries.

If I ever finish any rifles, camo versions would match the attachments as close as I can possibly make them.

Yeah they look great in the screenies. You got many other attachments planned? VIPIR? Kite? LLM?

Updated mod v2.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey RKSL Studios , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Question on ACE integration.  The current version of ACE includes an ace_compat_rksl_pm_ii.pbo file.  Should we remove this and use the two ACE3 plugins you detail above instead, or are they different things completely, or is the ACE3 single .pbo the more up to date?  Or do they stack?

Great optics BTW!

Question on ACE integration.  The current version of ACE includes an ace_compat_rksl_pm_ii.pbo file.  Should we remove this and use the two ACE3 plugins you detail above instead, or are they different things completely, or is the ACE3 single .pbo the more up to date?  Or do they stack?

Great optics BTW!

The one that comes with ACE was made by one of their members. I don't think it has been updated for V2.0 of the attachments pack to include any of the new stuff.

AFAIK it only adds sight adjustment (windage and elevation) to the 3-12x50 PM II but the click values are something unrealistic like 0 to 22 mils of elevation, where the particular model of that scope that I made should only have -1 to +12 mils (0-22 would be the dual-turn turret version rather than my single-turn turret). So it will conflict with the settings in rksl_pmii_ace.pbo if you run them together, but will probably not interfere with rksl_pmii_525_ace.pbo or rksl_lds_ace.pbo

During development, I did put forward my configs for the original V1.0 attachments to be merged as optional ACE files (to add things like the LDS PiP optics). However, they said it was best that I just distribute them myself, since the compat .pbos distributed with the mod are only intended as examples rather than ACE compiling a library of their own compat .pbos. As such ace_compat_rksl_pm_ii.pbo is kind of obsolescent unless you really want more elevation for that one scope, and I can't guarantee it'll continue to work 100% in future if I make changes to the mod.

Bonus: WIP for next version of the pack

• Like 4

And the finished(ish) model ingame:

EOT_ingame_SML.jpg

^click to expand^

Don't expect it any time soon though; I'm hoping to model at least one other thing before there's a v.3 of the pack

• Like 8

Wow, I just discovered this mod and now I'm asking how I managed to play A3 for so long without this scopes. Awesome, your Elcan is perfect! Can't wait for the v3.

Great Work !

+ one of the best simulation of actual real life scoping rifle material !

latest?cb=20100508094422

Small V.3.01 update today to incorporate the Scripted Optics system that was added to CBA last month.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1661066023

Many thanks to Rock for sorting out publication of the update

V.3.01 Changes:

• LDS has new graphics for the 4x optics view*
  • The Schmidt&Bender 3-12x50 (L17A1) and 5-25x56 (L24A1) mildot reticles now dynamically scale with continuous magnification, instead of the vanilla Arma 3 stepped zoom.

*These are features that were in the old optional RKSL_LDS_ACE.pbo, since those systems transferred from ACE to CBA. So if you still have that deprecated .pbo in your modset, I strongly recommend removing it.

Notes on CBA settings:

Sights with illuminating reticles (LDS and S&B 5-25x56) use the manual control system for turning on illumination instead of the automated one when it gets dark. CBA default for this is the [NUM 0] key, but you can change that in the CBA controls menu.

CBA also provides a game option for whether the sights use PiP for the peripheral view around the edge of the optics or not.

I forgot to announce the V.3.00 version here on the forums back in February, but it included minor improvements to all existing sights, added an additional Trijicon RMR variant with a different mount, and a brand new Eotech 552 holographic sight.

• Like 4

Just some food for thought on the latest update to the LDS PIP View. Would it be possible to add in an external blur to the scopes PIP view so only the reticle is focused? Here's a quick example:

Blurred:

Spoiler

Trgap3r.jpg

Not Blurred:

Spoiler

antiSV3.jpg

You'd have to ask the CBA people if that's possible. The PiP stuff is entirely their system and I'm only familiar with the config integration. I can only comment that I'm not sure it's possible to add post-processing on top of Arma's modelOptics rendering pass.

Personally, I keep the PiP option in CBA unchecked anyway and use the regular "opacity" style of peripheral view because likewise I'm not a fan of arma's jagged 512*512px limited PiP resolution filling large portions of the screen. I integrated PiP variants for the sake of completeness.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

I'm not sure it's possible to add post-processing on top of Arma's modelOptics rendering pass.

You can, but only for the full screen and not parts of it.

Arma 3 patch, new problems.

Problem: cannot join to server, getting kicked automatically. After multiple tests, server did give error from every pbo file (just like in picture, but in this picture there is only error about one pbo file).

7AFC982F6306E508E7B8A115710DBCF916AE765E

Hopefully you can address this problem soon, our community would be thankful. Thanks for advance.

https://dev.arma3.com/post/spotrep-00091

Specially, Fixed: DSCheckSignature did not always work correctly with v3 signatures

We use quite a few of the optics in our kits, and now we cant load missions, as content has been deleted ( Content being RKSL Attachments)   I hope its just a steam glitch

10 hours ago, Hythloday_ said:

Hey I noticed this got pulled from Steam Workshop, what's going on?

12 minutes ago, Hammer 1_2 said:

We use quite a few of the optics in our kits, and now we cant load missions, as content has been deleted ( Content being RKSL Attachments)   I hope its just a steam glitch

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, M. Capry said:

Thank you for prompt response, I hope you get it resolved soon,  

Valve really need to stop with this crap. They need to start taking legal action against the copyright trolls or find some way to block them from making reports if they've made false reports in the past. As far as I know you don't even need to have an account to make a report, otherwise Valve could start issuing community bans to people who make false reports as sufficient recourse so people would have too much at stake to risk it over trolling.

It wasn't the case that it was IP trolling - if it was either Rock or myself would have had prior notice of DMCA claim against it to allow us to dispute it, which is something we did not receive. It was taken down in error while more than 30 other reuploads of RKSL addons were being removed from the workshop at the time, and the Workshop staff found it confusing as to where the original workshop item was in the mess of all the others. No hard feelings to them - they have been very helpful and apologetic, and we know they work hard at times.

Really just another example of the headaches that reuploads cause for original content on the workshop: bugs from old versions that are floating around that should long since be dead, jumbled addon packs leading to bug reports for content that's not even made by the people it's being reported to, and now there's even a chance the workshop staff will take down the original files and cause grief for tens of thousands of subscribers for the sake of a unit with fewer than a dozen active members not understanding how to share launcher Preset html files and set up workshop collections.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1