Just used it in our session tonight, someone described it as "the spunk on the tits", so you can't have done a bad job. Haha! Great addon!

da12thMonkey: Thanks for clearing that out. *still holds thumbs for NVG-compatibility* ;D

Excellent work, and the details were very good!

I wonder if it's possible to have a scope with reticle used in SCAR weapon used in ArmA 2?

UMHtlo8.jpg[/img]

I wonder if it's possible to have a scope with reticle used in SCAR weapon used in ArmA 2?

Ehm probably not , because that's SpecterDR which UKF don't use , they use LDS sight instead

but sooner or later there will be one :icon_twisted:

This is a great addition to the british arsenal, already a permanent part of 3CdoBde's modpack.

Can't wait to see what the future brings!

http://i.imgur.com/UMHtlo8.jpg

As Rob already pointed out, the LDS is a different scope so it's not really something I'd consider doing myself for the pack. I don't even have the commercial reticles for the Specter OS4[1][2] upon which the LDS is based, never mind those from the Specter DR.

However it would be fairly easy for somebody to make a small, additional config plugin (like the TMR plugin that I made), which adds a few classes with different reticle patterns to the game.

Fortunately there are several people (to my knowledge) that are working on making the scope you want for Arma 3, properly. To my mind the one being made by IanSky is worth paying attention to in particular.

Hi quick question I love the scopes but dont seem to be able to get them to work the trixies l129a1, i have asdg jr running as well but still no joy, any advice???

Does the trixie pack supports ASDG ? Thought it didn't

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One X+ met Tapatalk

They wont work on certain weapon addons unless the author explicitly defines the classnames of the scopes in the list of compatible items for that weapon using the old inflexible array method of declaring attachment compatibility, or makes the class WeaponSlotsInfo compatible with ASDG joint rails, which uses the newer more flexible class compatibleitems system of declaring which items are compatible with a weapon's attachment slots.

ASDG compatibility is by far the better of the two solutions IMO (because it automatically makes the weapon compatible with waaaaay more community attachments than just mine), but either way you'd have to ask the author of the weapon to sort it out.

cheers, and hopefully trixie will make his mod asdg compatible soon, seen as you have done British scopes do you intend to make a TA648? as the quality of your scopes is by far the best I have seen and I would love to see what you could do with that scope

Hey da12thMonkey!!

First let me thank you for this great scopes!

I was wondering if you have plans to make a 3D version of the LDS sights?

I was wondering if you have plans to make a 3D version of the LDS sights?

Short answer:

No, I don't

Long answer:

I already tried it with the existing model but I wasn't happy with the results. To sort it out I'd have to rework the Pilot View model in Maya and apply a cone deformer to the sight tube (all BIS scopes are actually cone-shaped in the View Pilot LOD even if they don't look it).

However, I think the amount that I'd have to deform this particular model would cause some visible distortion to the textures and appearance of the model in first person - probably bollocking-up the shape of the CQB sight among other things.

There's also the fact that I don't actually like the 3D magnified scopes in Arma 3 very much anyway - They handle a bit funny at times,aren't very clear to look through, and they're a complete bitch to calibrate correctly.

Also, I'm pretty busy with life nowadays: new job, new woman (she's Brazilian funnily enough), that sort of thing. So I don't get much time for Arma at the moment, and on the rare occasions that I do; I have bigger projects languishing in a state of incompleteness that need my attention :/

---

As for Bravo93's enquiry about making the textures a bit darker: I'll look into it for next time.

How dark the sight appears right now depends an awful lot on lighting - if you compare how grey it looks in the screenshot, to how it looks in the Virtual Arsenal you can see that it goes an order of magnitude darker it is under different lighting. The arsenal colour looks pretty good to me and more like what I was expecting from the Photoshop levels, and how the sight looked in Buldozer before it went ingame. But overall I think I could do with darkening the textures a bit for when under the game's Altis sunlight. Comparing more recent photos of the sight in use outdoors, to the studio-lit photos I was using as reference shows that it does need darkening for natural light conditions.

For some reason the Virtual Arsenal - massively boosts contrast and seems to change colours... In game testing is the way to go for colour matching. We found that out trying to match MTP colours

Short answer:

No, I don't

Long answer:

I see.

Didn't know about this problem of creating a 3D sight!

Thanks for the answer!

A Brazilian wife?....so you're in good hands!

They wont work on certain weapon addons unless the author explicitly defines the classnames of the scopes in the list of compatible items for that weapon using the old inflexible array method of declaring attachment compatibility, or makes the class WeaponSlotsInfo compatible with ASDG joint rails, which uses the newer more flexible class compatibleitems system of declaring which items are compatible with a weapon's attachment slots.

ASDG compatibility is by far the better of the two solutions IMO (because it automatically makes the weapon compatible with waaaaay more community attachments than just mine), but either way you'd have to ask the author of the weapon to sort it out.

I'll agree to that 100 percent. With the original BIS system you have to troll through classnames, etc as you say. ASDG? Shit config the fucker and adjust accessories and there you go, swap out everything in one motion, no muss, no fuss.

How do!

I'm afraid I'm still not around much to work on Arma 3 addons, but I made a quick plugin that allows the S&B 3-12×50 PM II to use the new mils-based sight-adjustment feature from the AGM mod.

Download: RKSL Attachments AGM Plugin

The download link is also in the first post, next to the TMR plugin for the LDS.

The elevation turret range is 0-13 mils and the windage turret range is +/-6 mils (both in 0.1 mil clicks), as-per the turrets on the real single-turn version of the scope.

I was thinking of adding a couple of mils of baseline elevation because the Accuracy International scope mounts usually come with an inbuilt 18 or 28 MOA cant along the scope axis, made by having the rings at slightly different heights. This accounts for about 5.236 or 8.144 mils of baseline elevation when mounting the scope on to a flat rail depending on which of the two mounts one used (IIRC there's also a 45 MOA mount available, designed for the 5-25×56 version of the PM II).

However, the currently configured 13 mils of elevation in this addon seem to be enough to shoot out beyond 1500m with the available long range rifles in Arma 3: In practise I think I only needed something like 11.9 mils for the M320 @ 1500m. So it does meets the max zeroing settings for the original non-AGM version of the scope, and it you want to shoot more than 1500m you'd probably want something more powerful than 12× magnification anyway - so I don't think there's much need to add any more elevation. :)

Happy sniping.

New mod 1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

New mod 1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@da12thMonkey;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Edited by kecharles28

I have a really odd problem which occurred when I tried to add this mod to our public server yesterday, relating to the bikey's.

Adding rksla3.bikey to the dedicated server 'keys' folder resulted in the mission not loading (clients freeze at map screen prior to mp lobby).

But that's not the end of the story, and to be honest I'm not really expecting, just hoping, that someone might understand what is going on. It's possibly not even related to this mod, but maybe it is. lol

Here's our current mod list, all bikey'd:

@3cb_baf_units

@3cb_baf_vehicles

@agm

@alive

@allinarmaterrainpack

@asdg_jr

@beretpack2

@burnes_challenger

@cba_a3

@chinookpack

@cup

@fa18_a3

@fdf_pogagorsk

@grace_fv510

@grace_real_warrior

@psylandrover

@rh_m4_a3

@rhs_afrf3

@st_nametags

@sthud_a3

@stkr_bi

@task_force_radio

@vcomai

We wanted to add @rksl_attachments to this list. Server and clients are running it.

When adding rksla3.bikey the mission fails to load.

When adding rksla3.bikey AND removing one other key (tried 4 or 5, didn't seem to matter which), it works.

When renaming rksla3.bikey to Z1_rksla3.bikey it also works!

So it seems like the rksla3.bikey conflicts with something, somehow, or perhaps there is a 'load order' based on the file name?

Sorry this is so bizarre, any ideas?!

Apollo

Hey Apollo, sorry for the late-ish reply.

I'm not really sure what might be going wrong there. You're the first person I've ever seen mention it regarding this or any other addon. So if it is something I can fix I'm not exactly sure what the way to go about that would be right now.

If someone can point out something specific that might be going wrong with the key, I'll liaise with Rock about generating a new .bikey + .biprivatekey pair that might solve it for this addon and any other addons we want to publish in future with our A3 key. But as far as I'm aware, the A3 key was generated correctly with the available A3 Tools version of DSCreateKey, and there's not much more to the procedure of generating those files other than putting a name in the box and clicking 'Create' :D

Having a look around in the past ten minutes, there's a possibility that it could be a game bug. There is a ticked on the feedback tracker about some .bikey combinations preventing dedicated servers from loading, which seems to be similar to what you're telling me.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22133

There, the ticket author suggests that there's an issue with keys containing the "-" and "_" characters. However, that doesn't seem to hold true with the issue you're having, since you do have keys with those characters, and suffer the issue with our key that has none of those characters instead. :/

I can only say therefore that there's probably more to it than meets the eye, and more information is needed to find the cause, and to find out what needs to be fixed with either our keys or the game itself in order to resolve the issue.

I wish I could be of more help.

Edited by da12thMonkey

When adding rksla3.bikey the mission fails to load.

When adding rksla3.bikey AND removing one other key (tried 4 or 5, didn't seem to matter which), it works.

When renaming rksla3.bikey to Z1_rksla3.bikey it also works!

So it seems like the rksla3.bikey conflicts with something, somehow, or perhaps there is a 'load order' based on the file name?

Sorry this is so bizarre, any ideas?!

Apollo

This is something that confuses the hell out of me. The key obviously works. Its just a conflict with someone else's key.

The only thing i can think of is that the Key was created with the Original A3 Beta tools.

1. I dont know if BIS have changed the Signature handling with the recent updates and it can only deal with so many keys at once?
  2. Renaming the key makes it effectively useless. So if you are forcing key use on your server you should see another error.

Can you send us the server error logs please?

I've no problem generating another key I'd just like to see whats actually causing the error. I can't believe its only going to affect just our key.

Thanks so much for the replies guys. I almost expected to be told to bog-off with such a crazy weird problem, so I appreciate you taking time to think about it. :)

That BIS ticket is quite similar in many ways. Perhaps Anton found a solution, but not the full cause.

Here are the RPT files.

Dedicated Server: verifySignatures=2;

1. Not working (rksla3.bikey): http://hastebin.com/uqisomahoz.tex

2. Working (Z1_rksla3.bikey): http://hastebin.com/ohalizilur.tex

On test 1, it seems not to load the mission - the first player never gets into the lobby.

On test 2 with the silly renaming of your bikey, the player gets into the lobby and the mission loads fine. As far as I can tell the bikey continues to work, rejecting players with unsigned mods, and still accepting @rksl_attachments. I was surprised at that too.

I've got a feeling I did read somewhere that keys generated with A3 beta tools might give issues, but can't remember details.

Thanks again.

Apollo

Edit:

Obvious RPT differences are at the end:

Case 1 (not working)

1:07:28 Initializing Steam server - Game Port: 2302, Steam Query Port: 2303
1:08:38 NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(1298611051): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled

Case 2 (working)

1:10:02 Initializing Steam server - Game Port: 2302, Steam Query Port: 2303
1:10:02 Connected to Steam servers
1:10:05 No owner
1:10:06 Server error: Player without identity Lt. Apollo (id 1416104385)

Edited by UK_Apollo

Dont know this a issue or on purpose,I found can't using the Nv Goggles while using your optics,maybe it's beacuse there're 2D optics?

Dont know this a issue or on purpose,I found can't using the Nv Goggles while using your optics,maybe it's beacuse there're 2D optics?

The clue may be in the name of at least one of the scopes: "Lightweight DAY Sight". ;-)

Probably the glass used isn't NVG compatible (i.e. it doesn't transmit the infra-red part of the spectrum used in Night Vision systems).

Haven't checked, but that's what I'm guessing.

It's on purpose. Because... reasons...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?187218-Can-people-shoot-rifle-through-the-optic-like-acog-with-helmet-mount-night-vision

and yes it's partially because they're 2D optics - back in OA, BIS added the realism feature where NV mode when aiming a weapon was only available on ironsights and 1x collimator sights (i.e. 3D optics) with NVGs, or when using NV-specific electro-optic sights (equivalent to the NVS in Arma 3). Normal magnified optics in OA couldn't be used with NVGs and this was all well and good.

AFAIK the only reason you can use NVGs on so many of BIS' scopes in Arma 3 now is because they decided to convert the magnified scope models so that they worked as little more than zoomed-in versions of the old Arma 2 1x collimator sights. Back in the Alpha before the "3D scopes" were introduced, things like the ARCO and RCO optics behaved exactly ACOG and SpecterDR did in OA, so I assume BIS intended to keep that feature from OA where they could. The fact you can use NVG with the game's standard magnified optics now is more of an oversight than a feature, so it's not something I wanted to repeat so long as I was using the 2D modelOptics method that still supports that feature of the engine.