Sign in to follow this  
][niipaa

NW_Ball - A Ballistics Adjustment

I didn't really have any plans on releasing this, so I'm just kind of going to cut to the chase. Essentially this was made for the group I played with, as we were tired of the firefight pacing, and the fact that regardless of range, it took anywhere from 4-6 5.56 rounds to kill someone. Consistent testing before I made changes revealed a Mk.20 at point blank range, took 5 shots to the torso of an AAF Autorifleman to kill him. This was from the front and then the same results were yielded firing in the back. Now, I am no ballistics expert, I did not go out and research each individual cartridge, these values are most likely far and away from the real thing, and I'm fine with that.

What this addon does, is simply adjust the airfriction, hit, and speed values of the popular small arms in vanilla A3 (9mm, .45ACP, 5.56mm NATO, 6.5mm (case and caseless), and 7.62). As well as their tracer versions, if they exist. The reason for this release is the resounding cries of success that my group has passed, which have encouraged me to hopefully help out other small groups of friends who are looking to have their fights go a little more like ArmA 1 or 2. As it stands now, since 5.56 was my main concern, it stands at about 2-3 shots to kill an enemy, unsuppressed. Again, not claiming it's real, but it's much more enjoyable for gaming I personally feel.

Without further ado: Download

If there's enough of a call to, I can sign this. I just haven't set up my DSKey2 since ArmA 2, and again, without a plan for release, it currently stands unsigned.

Hope it brings some fun to some people. Peace.

Edited by ][Niipaa

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thank you. Tbh i dont care if its real or not. Having to empty a mag to kill someone is just not what ARMA has been over the decade. Its more on par with battlefield and the rest which is quite annoying.

So thanks for making the combat lethal again. :)

This is simply amazing. It's nice to have bullets killing AI again.

@Alex72 - It's refreshing to hear I wasn't the only one who felt like that. I mean it's 2030+ and all... But I find it hard to believe the human body had evolved with body armor to absorb that much punishment. I digress though, glad you're liking it, and if you know anyone who would benefit from it, spread the love!

#shamelessadvertisement :P

@Genesis92x - Oh you sir. So silly! GO FIX YOUR AI SCRIPTS!

Great little mod ][Niipaa, hard to play without it!