Sign in to follow this  
Cruisie

Reporting Server IP

Since GameSpy is going down

What IP do we report to now?

*reportingIP = "arma3pc.master.gamespy.com";

to

*reportingIP = "What??????";

nothing, there is no address to put in your config, it does this automatically. There are countless threads that already explain this m8.

It reports via default port 2303 or if you are running non default game ports via configged port + 1.

e.g if your command line states -port=2502 server will be reporting to steam query browser on 2503

It is just very very slow and at the moment and pretty useless at best.

Check that your server is reporting by viewing it in the STEAM CLIENT server browser, not the ingame browser

Hey, would be COOL to get official info about this stuff. 1000 server admins only chance is to find the right post in the forum between 100 000 other threads.

Official wiki BI: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server

Still reporting IP!

Great work, all power to DLC selling...

Terox is right, just delete all reportingIP stuff.

nothing, there is no address to put in your config, it does this automatically. There are countless threads that already explain this m8.

It reports via default port 2303 or if you are running non default game ports via configged port + 1.

e.g if your command line states -port=2502 server will be reporting to steam query browser on 2503

Check that your server is reporting by viewing it in the STEAM CLIENT server browser, not the ingame browser

Well some one should post a thread about it and get it to be sticky or an announcement. I have a server that runs 2 Arma servers on it - Since GameSpy shut down I've notice that when one of the servers are up and running, the other server will start up but people get stuck on the map (waiting for host connection) screen - The server client says Reading Mission from bank once (not spammed). If I shut down both servers and start up the one with the joining issue - it works perfectly fine.

Is this a port issue for steam? One runs on 2330 and the other is on 2302 - any ideas?

try a more different range. 2330 and 2430 and 2530 (every 10 Ports for 1 server), works for me but we have a root server. But looks like hosters have the same problem, since the last patch customers have problems...

Well before this patch - People had no issues join the two servers that are being hosted on the same box - using the Ports that I've listed up above - I doubt that it would be fixed if I switched em around again....

We were using TADST to set up our server before 1.22,after 1.22 we can't find our server in the Steam browser(before 1.22 we can find it in the Gamespy browser but can't find it in the Steam browser).Any chance can we make it appear in the Steam browser by using TADST?

TADST:

delete any reporting IP's leave it blank

make sure ports are set (Port:2302, Steam Port:8766, Steam Query Port:27016)

your Router:

open and forward

Ports:

UDP: 2302-2305

Ports:

UDP: 8766

Ports:

UDP: 27016

on your server:

disable windows software firewall (or any other software firewalls) !!!

if you follow these steps it should work

Edited by maquez