Sign in to follow this  
Spartan0536

Bullet Penetrability of objects

Ok so I have looked over Olds post in his Real Armor Mod, and I have some values of BISURF densities such as....

Meat = 100

Meat & Bones = 48

Metal = 48

RHA = 15

Wood = 300

My question is what is a human bodies density in the game without wearing armor? Is it calculated with just meat and bones and if so what is the density? to that effect what kind of metal is metal in the game set for and what kind of wood is calculated? This all plays a major factor in getting bullet penetration correct for my ballistics code, any and all help is GREATLY appreciated, thanks!

Not one admin, BIS dev, or mod dev knows the answer to this?

:(

They botched the whole armor system anyway :eek:

Quite honestly it doesn't really work at the moment so I wouldn't really count on this stuff.

Until they really fix armor (On infantry units) and all the penetration stuff that relates to it they, (Lets say they are trying to fix it)

they would probably be constantly changing values and all that stuff, also who knows they mightve used some arbitrary values that dont correspond properly or somthing.

From the A3 sample model:

Chest and Head =meatbones

limbs = meat

You can find the material definitions in the <gamefolder>\Addons\data_f.pbo. Use a PBO viewer to extract all the *.bisurf files from \penetration folder inside the .pbo

Then use CfgConvert from A3 tools to convert the format (just dragndrop the files onto CfgConvert.exe). Now you can open them with notepad and see all properties for all materials.

E.g. metal:

Density=4000;
rough=0.1;
dust=0;
bulletPenetrability=48;
soundEnviron="Empty";
isWater="false";
friction=0.69999999;
restitution=0.30000001;
impact="hitMetal";
soundHit="Metal";

Edited by Fennek

I had one problem in the campaign, the first episode the mission where in the end they bombard your camp...the guy could shoot me through the other side of the brick wall...but i couldn't shoot him

I had one problem in the campaign, the first episode the mission where in the end they bombard your camp...the guy could shoot me through the other side of the brick wall...but i couldn't shoot him

If you were close to the brick wall then it's very logical. Your bullets might not have even have a range after the brick wall to hit the enemy.

St. Jimmy i was using the same weapon as the enemy, i was at 3 meters from the wall..

St. Jimmy i was using the same weapon as the enemy, i was at 3 meters from the wall..

This is what can matter more:

UFpB0II.jpg

he was hugging the wall

He's just refusing to believe that he's wrong because the same thing happens to everyone.

there are a massive ammount of variables that you havnt even mentioned:

-angle

-weapon

-wall thickness

and dont forget even if you penetrate the wall maybe you simply didnt hit him

the simplest way to download the bullet track script and reenact the situation

with this you can see the facts

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?164294-Quick-and-fun-projectile-path-tracing!

simply try it and look for the results

He's just refusing to believe that he's wrong because the same thing happens to everyone.

I'm refusing to believe?

---------- Post added at 19:44 ---------- Previous post was at 19:42 ----------

there are a massive ammount of variables that you havnt even mentioned:

-angle

-weapon

-wall thickness

and dont forget even if you penetrate the wall maybe you simply didnt hit him

the simplest way to download the bullet track script and reenact the situation

with this you can see the facts

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?164294-Quick-and-fun-projectile-path-tracing!

simply try it and look for the results

We were both with the opfor machine gun, we were in the same height because he was kneeling and i was standing...was a brick wall... i shot the wall exactly where he was..how do i know? my game has kill cam

The reason I am looking for Meat & Bones CALCULATED density is so that I know exactly how much denser they made a human target, using FBI spec ballistics gelatin you need to penetrate a MINIMUM of 12 inches to cause a potentially incapacitating shot. 12 inches of meat and bones is insane in ArmA III which means they purposely made a human body more dense than usual which Jana Buchtova (A BIS representative here on the forums) told me in an e-mail. However I do not have their calculations so that I can reverse calculate them to look at realistic values then put them over into the game with the appropriate amount of penetration. Using this method I would have a 99.9% accurate mathematical calculation on my ballistics.