Sign in to follow this  
scw1996

Editor doesn't export missions to SP or MP.

Howdy folks.

I've got a problem: my editor will save to the editor and it's corresponding folder, but will not export to either multi-player or single-player. I've narrowed it down a bit, it's not merely a problem of the mission not appearing in the mission selection screen in-game, but rather, the actual file is not exporting itself out of the user-missions folder and into the multi-player/single-player folders.

In summary, when I go into 'mydocuments/arma2' all the folders are blank, except for where the editor saves its progress to.

Additional information:

Arma 2 type: All expansion packs with the latest updates.

Mods: tons of mods, however this problem is surely unrelated, because it has only arisen months after my most recent mod.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Launch without Mods. ArmA CO vanilla and retry exporting. If it works it's some MOD. If it don't work in vanilla, the only way I see it, is a reinstall. Did you check your rpt file if there is any clue or error message? Are you using last official patch 1.62 or are you using beta?

Thanks for the advice. I tried without mods, and it still has the problem.

Does anyone know where the script/lineofcode is located where it instructs Arma where to save? maybe I could manually rewrite it. hmmmmm.

Exporting your mission as Singleplayer-/Multiplayer-mission will place the mission-pbo inside your Arma 2 installation folder into the folders mission and mpmission. Have you looked there? Exporting those missions won't place anything into the myDocuments\arma2\-folder.

Well I don't know the line of code, but if you export SP the relevant mission pbo should be created in the Mission folder. If you export as MP the relevant pbo should be created in the MP Mission folder. Since you have tried without mods and you still can't export there must be a faulty install somewhere, but that's just guess work of mine. Now what you could do is disable all the DLC's and see if it works, maybe starting by launching only ArmA 2 then retry with ArmA 2 & OA = Combined. If you can't narrow it down than a complete reinstall seems unavoidable. Did you check your rpt file. It should be located in C:/Documents and settings/User/Local settings/Application Data/ArmA2 OA/ arma2oa.rpt. You can open it with Notepad. If you never opened the file before there should be a huge list of info and errors. Select all and cancel it than save. Once you've done that. Launch the game and retry exporting. Once you have done that alt tab and open the rpt file and post what info you find there.

nettrucker and pergor. Just an update: I believe that the problem lies in the fact that my Arma 2 game refuses to create PBOs, therefore I have found a simple solution to the problem, I downloaded a PBO-packer, so now when I want to export an edited mission, I just pack it up into a PBO and copy it to the missions folder. It works like a charm.

Thank y'all very much for your help!

Hi scw1996

You found a workaround which is great but you haven't actually found the solution. It's strange there must be something really wrong. I have over 80 GB's of Mod's loaded in my ArmA CO folder and I have never ever experienced troubles by exporting missions.

The pbo's are created as they're supposed to be without using an external tool.

BTW are you running Steam version, Retail or sprocket? Did you check you rpt file as suggested there might be some info?

Yeah I know.

I'm running Retail, and yeah I checked the .rpt log and there are no relevant errors.

I've been playing Arma 2 since it was released, over the years I've learned that nothing is "as it should be" or 100 % conventional, so the PBO-creator workaround doesn't stress me out, although it would have had me pulling out my hair a few years ago. I guess us Arma 2 players are a special breed of people.

Alright at least you gotta workaround for your mission exporting problem. It might be that a complete reinstall will fix your problem but it's a big hassle I know. Well for the special breed thing it's more about your willingness to overlook all the flaws this game has, since no one else is apparently suffering your problem it must be something on your side though.

Sorry for not being able to help in this case.

cheers

Ctrl E to open the editor to add more content to custom Chernarus.
Export to multiplayer missions, then run as internet game but I get this message.
Data file too short 'MPMissions\Betamap.Chernarus.pbo'.
Expected 61804 B, got 108 B
Just hoping to add more content to Chernarus so as to play online with friend..

Ctrl E to open the editor to add more content to custom Chernarus.

Export to multiplayer missions, then run as internet game but I get this message.

Data file too short 'MPMissions\Betamap.Chernarus.pbo'.

Expected 61804 B, got 108 B

Just hoping to add more content to Chernarus so as to play online with friend..

You do it wrong

You have to create only static things in 3D EDITOR. Dont try to make whole mission in 3D editor.

Create your mission in normal 2D editor 

save ti as user mission

Locate its folder

Inside create init.sqf  (not init.sqf.txt) file

go to 3d editor (alt e, or ctrl e)

place your static objects

save as user mission

locate the folder

open mission.sqf (not mission.biedi)

save it as something.sqf (replace something with  filename of your own choice) to the folder of the mission created in 2D editor

delete everithing that doesnt start with  

_vehicle_something = objNull; //something will be some number

ad  

if (isServer) then {

as the first line of the file

and 

};

as the last line. so the last two lines will look like this.

};
};

save it.

now in the folder, you have Mission.sqm, init.sqf and something.sqf 

open init.sqf

ad

[] execVM  "something.sqf"

save

go back to 2D editor,

open your mission,

place player unit next to the location you expect the things added in 3D editor will spawn.

press "prewiew"

see if the objects are there. They should be. 

Last note: Dont place units, in 3D editor (exccept one player unit that allows you to save the mission)

Objects that will be vital for the mission to work, must be placed in 2D editor, not 3D editor. For example,  building that has to be destroyed to trigger something.