bardosy

[SP/MP CAMPAIGN] The Greek Dozen - AAF Bad Company

Thanks Big for your extra work. But the 4th mission name is not anti-ambush, but "village people". I hope it will not confuse the players more then my sigma05 ;)

sorry, stupid man behind computer ;)

I fixed the name.

It will be trouble for you if I continue my screwed numbering with sigma06 (for 5th mission), sigma07 (for 6th mission)... etc?

Of course no, i rename the missions to match the title, so no problem at all, just some extra seconds.

I know it's a little bit off topic, but you guy are so kind and I hope you can answer me.

I just lost my arma3 addon-virginity and install All in Arma under arma3. It works like I expected. No problems.

But I found in the arma3 config menu, I can turn ON (as a mod) arma2 and arma2 baf. I have installed these games on PC, so I thought arma3 detected this and make it playable under arma3. But no. No arma2 units in arma3. So:

what is this switchable mod in the arma3 config menu in name arma2 and arma2 baf? What can I do with this?

Bardosy, to use A2 units on A3 through AiA you need to use ActivateA2models.pbo and DeactivateA3models.pbo or something like that, they´re optional file on AiA folders... you can´t have A2 mixed with A3 units so you either play with ONLY A2 units or A3 units, not both... A2 vehicles aren´t a problem, if you spawn them empty... ask kju some guidance, he´ll help you out!

And anxious for 5th official mission (not the 4th called 5th lol)

cheers!

Bardosy

Please take out the robotic Voiceover out of all your missions and please don´t use it again. Robotic Voiceovers are incredibly immersion breaking...... :(

I disagree completely. They are not perfect but definitely better than nothing! Please keep them on bardosy. The Team leader voice is actually not that bad for a TTS! :)

We played anti ambush again. It was very disappointing to suddenly get the message that the ambush team returned to the castle... I think it's better to keep them in the ambush point no matter what. I don't think they detected us at all, I have no idea why they left. We drove the convoy almost through all the blue dotted route but it wasn't attacked.

@Corporal_Lib[bR]: Thanks for the answer. But I still don't understand why arma2 is appear in arma3 mod menu? And what it can do if I turn ON?

@Variable: Thanks for the suggestion about voiceover!

And thanks for the feedback with anti-ambush. I thought an ambush team follow the hit and run tactics and this is why those ambushers didn't wait for you. I will rethink this what else can I do with them. I guess "wait" is not a realistic solution. But I really understand your frustration.

I hope you will enjoy better the Britannia mission and the new one. Britannia is a typical coop mission: It can be played in SP, but much better in MP.

Which AiA are you using Bardosy: Standalone or the old version which needs A2 to be installed and somewhat loaded with A3 through PW6 or launch parameters? AiA SA kinda HAS A2 inside it, so ir lists as a mod, but it makes no difference to activate it or not cus AiA configs only uses what it is coded to... but as I´ve said, if you use the alternative configs "ActivateA2units.pbo" you´ll have A2 vanilla units on A3... but I prefere the other way around, with HQ replacements =)

Hi bardosy !

I have some feedback for you:

(we played without any mods)

- Please add a parameter for turning off the Fatigue thing, its extremely annoying that those guys cant run 100m without going apeshit with breathing and slow-motion walking speed

- Please add a revive system, you could make this optional too

- Are you using AI Scripts ? AI behavior was strange (they were mostly just standing around although they already spotted and shot us and i felt they where brutal accurate, maybe you can reduce the aiming-accuracy

- There were multiple script errors on every briefing/mission start, maybe you should check that out.

- "Anti Ambush" is a bit overly complex, we needed 15min to figure out what to do exactly (UAV/Phone-Call ect.) and then one of the trucks got stuck, maybe you can make it a bit more straightforward.

- Please consider use more map-links (i mean text you can click on and the map is focused on that location, this would be very helpful

- For my taste there is to much music, one track that fades out in the beginning is ok but hearing 3 different tracks in 15 minutes is something that works better in SP campaigns

- The TTS Voice is actually a very good idea, i would keep them !

- You had some great ideas for those missions, well done !

- Looks like there went a lot of effort into thos scenarios, great work ! :)

Edited by Wiggum

Please add a revive system, you could make this optional too

Yes please! I'd recommend on Psycho's AIS. It's the best out there.

Are you using AI Scripts ? AI behavior was strange (they were mostly just standing around although they already spotted and shot us and i felt they where brutal accurate, maybe you can reduce the aiming-accuracy

That seem to happen a lot to you, what's you skillAI and precisionAI settings?

Please add a parameter for turning off the Fatigue thing, its extremely annoying that those guys cant run 100m without going apeshit with breathing and slow-motion walking speed

100 meters before you get fatigued?! How much are you carrying? Are you making sure to lower your weapon and not run crouched for long distances?

100 meters before you get fatigued?! How much are you carrying? Are you making sure to lower your weapon and not run crouched for long distances?

I (we) generally dont like the fatigue system in arma (since that patch its way overdone) maybe its fun for milsim units to play that way but i and my friends think its way too much for a game (considering all the other unrealistic stuff in ArmA).

Oh come on don´t exagerate.

I don´t have any problems with fatigue, but I´m also not trying to load myself up like a mule and the sprint the whole time...

Bardosy Are you saying that you are playing Arma 3 without a soundmod?

;2774132']Which AiA are you using Bardosy: Standalone or the old version which needs A2 to be installed and somewhat loaded with A3 through PW6 or launch parameters? AiA SA kinda HAS A2 inside it' date=' so ir lists as a mod, but it makes no difference to activate it or not cus AiA configs only uses what it is coded to... but as I´ve said, if you use the alternative configs "ActivateA2units.pbo" you´ll have A2 vanilla units on A3... but I prefere the other way around, with HQ replacements =)[/quote']

I just download the latest version with a patch. But not the 6GB version, just the low quality.

So you mean, if I remove AiA mod from HDD, there will be not an option to turn ON/OFF arma2 in config menu? Now I start to understand. I thought, it's official BIS mod. Thanks a lot!

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:29 ----------

Hi bardosy !

I have some feedback for you:

(we played without any mods)

Thank you!

- Please add a parameter for turning off the Fatigue thing, its extremely annoying that those guys cant run 100m without going apeshit with breathing and slow-motion walking speed

I made these scenarios before this fatigue patch and it shocked me too. I have no clue how on earth can I turn it off? I guess it's impossible, because fatigue is a part of engine core.

- Please add a revive system, you could make this optional too

I will consider this. But generally I don't like revive scripts. I had issues with them. Variable will arguing me ;) but I prefer respawn, instead of revive script. And these missions not dedicated for MP, it's designed for SP, but playable as MP too. A survive script could complicate the SP players. But I promise, I will make tests with revive script and if it will go well, I will implement.

- Are you using AI Scripts ? AI behavior was strange (they were mostly just standing around although they already spotted and shot us and i felt they where brutal accurate, maybe you can reduce the aiming-accuracy

I use AI script for your enemy, yes: it's UPSMON.

I recently reduced the aiming accuracy of FIA fighters, but British commandos and CSAT elite can shoot strait. So if you find FIA shoot too accurate, it's already reduced to 0.1. And this is extremely inaccurate. (The "headshot with a single bullet from a non-scoped AK" is a very old problem since OFP... I really understand you.)

- There were multiple script errors on every briefing/mission start, maybe you should check that out.

I didn't notice that (in last two missions), but my settings show every script errors. But I didn't test the first two mission since a few month. So I will check it. Thanks for report it.

- "Anti Ambush" is a bit overly complex, we needed 15min to figure out what to do exactly (UAV/Phone-Call ect.) and then one of the trucks got stuck, maybe you can make it a bit more straightforward.

I agree. I feel it, but I guess it's too late. I mean, I cannot change it, because it's built up. But I will keep in my mind your advice in the future missions.

- Please consider use more map-links (i mean text you can click on and the map is focused on that location, this would be very helpful

OK. I get it. Mostly I use many links, probably I was lazy in this campaign...

- For my taste there is to much music, one track that fades out in the beginning is ok but hearing 3 different tracks in 15 minutes is something that works better in SP campaigns

I put music when I think a little bit boring section come. I know in MP, players mostly talk about things, but in SP, it could give mood. Sorry. When I play in MP, I just pull down the volume of music in settings.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you play with my mission. And I will consider these suggestions in the next missions!

---------- Post added at 16:52 ---------- Previous post was at 16:45 ----------

Bardosy Are you saying that you are playing Arma 3 without a soundmod?

Yeah, I didn't use any mod. As I write it above, AiA was the first mod what I try since Arma3 alpha... I'm a little bit mod-hater. :) For OFP I made mod-campaigns (like BWmod (Freies Freya), and Tonal island (Aurora of Tonal)... etc), but mods live a unique life and change and I had to fix issues again and again.

I made these scenarios before this fatigue patch and it shocked me too. I have no clue how on earth can I turn it off? I guess it's impossible, because fatigue is a part of engine core.

enableFatigue is what you're looking for. Oh, and I will try this campaign sometime, sounds interesting!

But not the 6GB version, just the low quality.

Ohhh I think you´re refering to AiA TP (Terrain Pack) -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182072-All-in-Arma-Terrain-Pack-(AiA-TP)-A1-A2-OA-terrains-from-BI-in-A3 and not the AIA SA -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?174016-All-in-Arma-Standalone-(AiA-SA)-A1-A2-OA-content-in-A3

If that´s the case, TP only has the ISland/Maps and structures/assets from A2, and maybe that´s why A2 and A2 BAF appear as "mods" but you can´t activate it and have the units, cus you nned to have the AiA SA and the optional configs to do so... AiA TP is just a map pack, as A3MP from alduric =P

And you can disable fatigue, there´s at least 3 addons on steamworkshop -> http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=292080888&searchtext= offering that... just need to look after a script version or the function IndeedPete has pointed to you =)

Hope to see a full AAF Bad Company campaign (as you´ve done with Persian Tale) someday =D

If you are going to disable fatigue please don't use a mod because that will make your missions unusable for groups who don't have it in their mod packs (like us). And please just allow to disable it in the parameters...

Don't worry, i will keep my missions mod-free!

Yes you can easily do it without a mod and even make it optional:

// Fatigue
//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if (paramsArray select 1 == 0) then {
if (local player) then {
   player enableFatigue false;
};
};
if (paramsArray select 1 == 1) then {
if (local player) then {
	player enableFatigue true;
};
};

Thanks for the help!

And how can I set up fatigue param in the description.ext ?

Can I just use this block?

class Params
{
class Fatigue
{
	title = "Fatigue";
	values[] = {0,1}; 
	texts[] = {"Enable","Disable"}; 
	default = 0; 
};
};

And then I can put your code in init.sqf ?

Nothing else?

Thanks a lot for your small missions.

A couple of things we didn't appreciate:

-We had trouble to understand properly the second one (anti-ambush). It was not really clear to know how to do this mission.

-Loadout were a bit messy (like some of us had 40 stanag in a single backpack, 3 suppressor and so on).

An easy way to make personal loadout in A3 would be to use LEA ;) It's a perfect tools for mission maker (see my sig).

Anyway, keep it up and hope you'll continue this kind of quick mission :)

@Variable: I made quick test with psycho revive script. I implemented it in the last mission (village people) and made a try.

It was absolutely great that I not necessarily lost my men and I had a chance to get them back. But the problem is, this revive script is completley incompatible with my automedic script. When I was shot, the medic run for me and start heal with BIS heal action, what is not the same as psyco's heal action. So the medic heal me, and I got a clear (not red) picture for a moment, but it changed back to red and an other unit had to come for me and revive.

I'm not a so egoist to insist to my scripts, so I thought I will remove it. But to check the revive script without my automedic I just turn it OFF from action menu and let revive script work. But shortly I experienced, if I or my mate injured lightly, revive script didn't activated, but I (as a team leader) have to send the medic again manually to heal the lightly wounded men.

Probably it's a good way to make the decision by server admin and set this option too: revive script or automedic. But in SP, I will let he default to automedic.

What do you think?

I think the more simple solution will check if the mission is played in MP and if it is then enable Psycho's AIS. If not - activate the auto medic (which is not needed in MP anyway, the medic slot is one of the first slots human players take in coop).

Sounds good?

Thanks for the help!

And how can I set up fatigue param in the description.ext ?

Can I just use this block?

class Params
{
class Fatigue
{
	title = "Fatigue";
	values[] = {0,1}; 
	texts[] = {"Enable","Disable"}; 
	default = 0; 
};
};

And then I can put your code in init.sqf ?

Nothing else?

Yes, but if its the only param you use then you have to use 0 instead of 1. (paramsArray select 0) :)

Oh, another thing. I think you add gear via the init line of the units is this correct ?

Because i realized that whenever a player respawned (taking another slot) every unit got their gear added again !

You should use a isSerever check in the init line of the unit to prevent this or use external gear scripts with local check...but maybe im wrong and you dont use the init line of the unit for that ?

But that would also explain what Papanowel wrote about 40 magazines in a backpack...

And i dont know about the UPSMON AI script, like i said AI behavior was really strange and felt not natural.

Maybe check out other AI scripts. I recently created one for my coop missions, if you want i will sent it to you its pretty lightweight and gives you all control you need. Or check out the new version of VCOM-AI.

Edited by Wiggum

@Variable, Wiggum: I'm working on your suggestions into the "Village people" mission. When I'm done, I will publish it on Steam Workshop. Could you please test it in MP? And if everything is fine, I will implement the changes into older missions of this campaign.

@Wiggum: the uniform and equipment script is running by the leader's init. I understand what you told, but I'm not sure isServer can solve this problem, because the player uniform and equipment have to be done on the client. I could easily add an isServer if to the equipment script, but it shouldn't solve the problem: i mean, solve to fix the multiple equipment, but players have the default uniform and equipment, instead of what I want.

But for test I will add this if (isServer), but please test in MP and report if the uniform and the equipment is the default AAF and not what I wanted.

EDIT:

OK. I publish this test version to Steam. Pls guys, test it in coop! And report feedback!

EDIT2: So this is the link fro steam workshop mission: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=312000332

Edited by bardosy

Sorry, i was wrong...its not isserver...

I mean you should use something like this:

if (local _unit) then { add gear };

@Wiggum: Thanks Wiggum! It seems better. I'll try it afternoon and publish it.

@Variable: You mean dropbox? Yes, I will put it afternoon with the if (local) gear settings.