Sign in to follow this  
Rytuklis

Did anyone else get the Operation Flashpoint refference?

WARNING! CAMPAIGN SPOILERS!!!

In the first mission of ARMA III, when the island is overrun and you must reach safety with your buddy, you run to forest to get to safety. Then Sgt. Adams says "Jesus.. We're alive, but for how long?" . Did anyone else kind of a satisfied nostalgia feeling? That was the exact same words your commander says in Operation Flashpoint (AKA ARMA Cold War Assault) when the Morton attack fails and the Soviets overrun Everon, and in the next mission your whole squad is massacred. Thanks for putting this refference in, BIS, it's nice to see you still remember your old grandpa :D

Oh yeah, immediately had a sweep back when I heard that...it was a very nice throwback as that was the first mission that made me realize "whoa, this isn't like other combat games".

How about the Code Foxtrot that occurs a good 15 minutes earlier?

I didnt realise its refference but now that you mention it, I remember the Code Foxtrot!! Epic!!! OMG Im so happy about ARMA III's campaign so far!

No, never played any of their campaigns, before anyone says anything, no, I don't want to play them either..;)

No, never played any of their campaigns, before anyone says anything, no, I don't want to play them either..;)

You should.

You should.

Did I not say 'don't say'..................... :p

Really not interested, its the editor, nothing else really, of course mod/addons, not campaigns.

Really not interested, its the editor, nothing else really, of course mod/addons, not campaigns.

Hehe, that's why i said it...but yes, i prefer the editor than the campaigns too, but OFP campaigns are very nice, while playing them you forget how outdated the game is now. And you don't struggle with AI living their own life...

You simply MUST play the OFP Campaign.. You don't realise how much you're missing...

should at least just try it as its there... its actually very good.

and please say you played the ofp campaigns..

**** my life... have you played any missions?

**** my life... have you played any missions?

Several hundreds, lost count. Many of which, would have been ones I made for the group.

__

Your not war-gamers, are you.. ;) come on, own up..:rolleyes:

Campaigns are simple games nailed onto, what is, a great format idea, i.e. the editor, mod/addon making ability ('military' sandbox).. The campaigns are simply there to sell the product, they could have released the editor alone with mod/addon making ability, as it is now, and it would still have been worth a few hundred pounds to buy, its gold this series (not the campaigns)... A2 is far more geared to that side (wargaming), at the moment, it may change later down the road..

Campaigns are simple games nailed onto, what is, a great format idea, i.e. the editor, mod/addon making ability ('military' sandbox).. The campaigns are simply there to sell the product, they could have released the editor alone with mod/addon making ability, as it is now, and it would still have been worth a few hundred pounds to buy, its gold this series (not the campaigns)... A2 is far more geared to that side (wargaming), at the moment, it may change later down the road..

Hey now, you're making a lot of claims about campaigns for having not played them :p

Seriously though, I don't find myself enjoying much of the Arma series campaigns, but the OFP one(s) was really special.

Hey now, you're making a lot of claims about campaigns for having not played them :p

Seriously though, I don't find myself enjoying much of the Arma series campaigns, but the OFP one(s) was really special.

What claims, where's my brief :butbut:, I never talk about campaigns.. I can't, I haven't, nor want to, play any of BI's campaigns..;) Did they make some, you will let me know how they went, won't you :p.

Your not a wargamer are you, its showing...:o

"The campaigns are simply there to sell the product"

Easy on the elitism, eh? Someone can't be a "wargamer" (what?) if they enjoy BI's campaigns? My point was that you're dismissing something, and making statements about what component they play in BIS's games, without having actually given them a proper chance.

"The campaigns are simply there to sell the product"

Easy on the elitism, eh? Someone can't be a "wargamer" (what?) if they enjoy BI's campaigns? My point was that you're dismissing something, and making statements about what component they play in BIS's games, without having actually given them a proper chance.

Not elitism, just how the game (sandbox) should be fully explored imo, elitism that made me laugh. I don't dismiss it, I simply don't play it, I bought the series for the editor, not the campaigns.

Don't get me wrong, I bought all the Arma games for the editor and custom missions as well. I'd be pretty disappointed if I spent ~$50 for the campaigns. I'd just appreciate it if you didn't make a judgement on me (or others) based on what I think of the campaigns :)

Yeah, I put words in your mouth when I said you dismiss it. I'm sorry for that, I got a little flustered. My original observation was just poking you in the ribs for speaking about things you have purposely chosen not to experience. No offense intended!

Not elitism, just how the game (sandbox) should be fully explored imo, elitism that made me laugh. I don't dismiss it, I simply don't play it, I bought the series for the editor, not the campaigns.

I do honestly think that they didn't foresee how popular the editor and modding possibilities would get with ofp. I think of video games as culture, and as the most powerful medium known to man in terms of story telling, and I also view the ARMA platform to be one of the most powerful tools to explore military story lines. The only campaign even close to explore that has been the old Ofp one, and it's one of the best experiences I have ever had in a game. I'm only saying that you are missing out bigtime ;) Only the old OFP campaign is worth playing though, in my opinion. But damn is it worth it :P

that being said, of course modding and the editor is what keeps arma alive.

Several hundreds, lost count. Many of which, would have been ones I made for the group.

__

Your not war-gamers, are you.. ;) come on, own up..:rolleyes:

Dude, I do agree that BIS campaigns have been... well.. not that good in ARMA 1 and 2, but believe me sir, just please do, BIS have done a wonderful job on Operation Flashpoint campaign. You wouldn't believe how fucking epic it is. It is just great. The story is emotional, it's very linear, it doesn't have any plotholes, when you're playing the campaign you actually get the feeling of being lost when you dont know whom or why youre are fighting. Trust me man.. You just have to play BIS's campaign of OFP.. Please.. Atleast try

No, you're not listening, he's a real war gamer! You must not be a real war gamer ;)

You know.. you can be a war gamer and still enjoy the campaigns... just sayin :p

:yay:Wargamer:yay:

Campaings are here, at least forme, to get the basic know about the game. But who am i to judge it, iam not even a gamer not mentioning a wargamer.

Iam just guy who plays Arma with few friends at Friday or saturday nights to relax after long week. And sometimes makes mission for his unit.

:cool: