chicago

Satellite view (SATCOM) for ARMA 3

I feel like this would work better if it was in an addon, used with a tablet or something of the like.

You can...

I believe that this is the way to do it... Throw this snippet on an object you wish to serve as the sat-com station.

this addAction ["<t color='#ff0066'>SATCOM</t>", {call PXS_startSatellite;}, "", 0, true, true, "", "_this == player"]; 

And I would also suggest making Codings changes as above

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/168470-satellite-view-satcom-for-arma-3/?p=2831880

Is there a way to output the satcom feed to a screen using LFC live feed control (by bangabob) ?

Is there a way to output the satcom feed to a screen using LFC live feed control (by bangabob) ?

very good question. i experimented around a bit, but i'm far from being a great mission builder. but it would be amazing if anyone knows how to get this to work

I have got this mod working but it only works for my character on my multiplayer server, I would like this to work for each of my friends that play and there are only 7 of us so is this a possibility? If so, is there a way to make it work for all seven of us? I really like the mod, the sat view is awesome for planning engagements.

Does this function as a true SATCOM for communications or only for viewing the areas you tell it to view? 

10 hours ago, Crielaard said:

yes. without any problem. Just follow the maker's instructions.

Yeah, did that, didn't work. Maybe i don't understand the instructions completly, so i could use some help.

• Like 1

On 2017-08-31 at 5:17 PM, kennyleif said:

Did someone get this to work with current version of Arma 3?

I cannot get it working either.

I do everything that is in the .pdf. I put the text in my init.sqf file and the other text in a description.ext, and extract the folder that followed.

But I get an "filename empty" error.

For some reason this script works for me ONLY when i have the FFAA mod loaded. When it's not loaded i get this error when selecting where on the map to view from the satellite:

BRmvBmWDQymCtQjzxXCTjg.jpg

Also,, i get this error everytime i spawn in (with FFAA):                                   And without FFAA:

https://image.prntscr.com/image/lJxaWRoqRoSzGFo5A_bLqA.jpg                 jaxdslfJRta6J0vWw3gSoA.jpg

And this error (like @Mojo_Dog) everytime i return to the editor (with and without FFAA loaded):

_8_EjQ8PSlCjz2evEnmWpw.jpg

Anyone know how to fix this?

---------------

Btw the FFAA mod has a vehicle (the M250 Nasams) that uses this exact script.

For compatibility with ACE ³ v.3.11.0 InventoryItem_Base_F has to be replaced with CBA_MiscItem_ItemInfo in config.cpp of codi_sat_ace.

Ups... wrong thread.

Do everything and checked twice. (init.sqf, description.ext and copy folder to place.) Then I found this:

On 8/9/2015 at 8:58 AM, lawndartleo said:

I believe that this is the way to do it... Throw this snippet on an object you wish to serve as the sat-com station.

this addAction ["<t color='#ff0066'>SATCOM</t>", {call PXS_startSatellite;}, "", 0, true, true, "", "_this == player"];

It finally show up red "SATCOM" in action menu but my luck not last for long. Error says:

'call  I#I PXS startsatellite;'

Error Undifined variable in expression: pxs_startsatellite

I persume that is something you guys know about so please help :)

5 hours ago, Nemanjic said:

Do everything and checked twice. (init.sqf, description.ext and copy folder to place.) Then I found this:

It finally show up red "SATCOM" in action menu but my luck not last for long. Error says:

'call  I#I PXS startsatellite;'

Error Undifined variable in expression: pxs_startsatellite

I persume that is something you guys know about so please help :)

Take a look at the readme. You have to do this first:

#include “pxs_satcom_a3\init_interface.hpp”;  //write into your description.ext file
_variable = [] execVM “pxs_satcom_a3\init_satellite.sqf”;   //write into your initialization file, by default it’s init.sqf file

10 hours ago, Belbo said:

Take a look at the readme. You have to do this first:

#include “pxs_satcom_a3\init_interface.hpp”;  //write into your description.ext file
_variable = [] execVM “pxs_satcom_a3\init_satellite.sqf”;   //write into your initialization file, by default it’s init.sqf file

I do that. And checked twice. No typing mistakes. And what then? Where to put//   [unit name, activeStatus] call PXS_switcher  ? How to activate satcom system?

..and you feed him for a lifetime ;)  Thank you for good intensions friend. I am downloaded the pdf.s and now reading them.

This guy is very generous:

"If this manages to help at least one person then I’ll be happy.
Regards
Mikie J [FOCK] – BIS forums Mikie boy
"

So, let's do him a back favour ;)

• Like 2

Ten hours ago when I try to make mod working I was less confused than now. I was read scripting guide you give me and it make me interested, also I find some logic ways in all this staff so I still "learning fishing". The problem is I still cant make this work and I am very nervous about that because its look simple and I still cant make a move from start point. Maybe I am not smart enought. In scripts you give me, there is very nice explanations of how things works under the hood and already make some simple scripts myself but I cant figured out this with SATCOM. Actually I can, but cant implement it in the game and I dont know why. Now I know more then before reading guides you gave me but still every way I tried-didnt work. I think if you tell me where to put variables and this about "pxs_switcher" I will see where I am wrong and it will help me a lot. It will help me not just for satellite mod but also for straight way in learning further.

By the way, tutorials are in English and I constantly battling myself with translations of some parts there what ruins my concetration which  I need for understanding scripting methotds. I do not cry, just said that I need upper hand (help) on this.

Also there is new problem:

http://www90.zippyshare.com/v/ySzPOzZw/file.html

This is not happening yesterday when I was started with this about satellite.!? (i checked description.ext everything is written exactly the same as manual says.)

Ok so I have tried soooo many things... and still cant get this to work... real shame since seems like the only non-mod version of a SATVIEW...

The issue im having currently (after having worked past several others!) is this (from logs):

19:49:57 Error in expression <

private ["_unit","_status"];
_unit = [_x, 0, player] call BIS_fnc_param;
_stat>
19:49:57   Error position: <_x, 0, player] call BIS_fnc_param;
_stat>
19:49:57   Error Undefined variable in expression: _x
19:49:57 File C:\Users\wir55\OneDrive\Documents\Arma 3\missions\TvT_OWG.VR\pxs_satcom_a3\switcher.sqf, line 8

And the current state of my relevant files that ive edited from the original:

Init.SQF

// ## PXS SATCOM SCRIPT ## //
_a1 = [] execVM "pxs_satcom_a3\init_satellite.sqf";
sleep 0.2;
//action
["Mike", true] call PXS_switcher;

Description.EXT:

// ## PXS SATCOM SCRIPT ## //
#include "pxs_satcom_a3\init_interface.hpp"

And in the mission currently not much because why bother if its still coming up with that error but ive tried putting this in a trigger: 

call PXS_startSatellite; 

Now ive seen some comments here saying; Just follow the manual.... so I would love to know how I have missed the information to correct me here.  That said I really appreciate the time put into this by Chicago and others helping, however I often wish that explanations and guides were designed in a more accesible manner (proven by the amount of questions)

Either way, any ideas welcome.

Cheers

@Nemanjic @Coding @chicago

This looks good. But however, i'm doing something wrong..

71lAxs7.jpg

Then i get this..

Lu2BDyb.jpg

and i tried the Ipad thing too... and got this..

Z60LQFJ.jpg