Sign in to follow this  
super-truite

Addon builder - please ensure steam is running before running the app

Am I the only one to encounter this issue since the update ( 0.66) ?

I cannot pack my addons :(.

(And yes, steam is running ;)).

Edited by super-truite

Did you start each tool individually from the steam menu? It was mentioned on the TechRep Notes "You will probably need to start the primary tool once to add all needed registry entries for the rest of tools." Just a guess. :yay:

"You will probably need to start the primary tool once to add all needed registry entries for the rest of tools."

Yes, I did it. But it is when launching the primary tool that I have the error ;).

I tried reinstalling as well, but no luck...

I hope it will get fixed soon, I have a MANW thing to try to win ;).

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

OK there is already a fix (dev comment on the feedback tracker. Thanks BIS cooper!):

Install this:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

in fact, it is technically solved as I can launch it now, but it crashes whenever I try to pack something...

Might be due to the fact that I can't install vcredist_arm.exe for some reason ("not a valid win 32 application" Trying to find a new source in case the file is corrupted)

(This is probably not an issue because it is supposed to be used only for ARM processors and I don't know what it is, so I guess I don't have it ;)?)

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Is there a log file somewhere for AddonBuilder?

If you have the same issue, just reinstall the tools, it worked for me

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

If you have the same issue, just reinstall the tools, it worked for me

Edited by super-truite

Ah ok I knew I didn't have a "ARM" processor, but I didn't know what it was, thx ;).

Edited by super-truite