Sign in to follow this  
blackpixxel

Just 2 Main DLC for Arma 3?

Hi,

I am afraid that there will only be the Marksmen and Helicopter DLC as larger additions next to the Expansion. I think the DLC-concept is great to support the developement of longtime games like Arma 3 which will be played for many years. (The DEVs still need money after everyone bought the game).

Do you think that this is all? I hope to see more DLCs with the same concept as the other two: making certain gameplay-aspects more authentic and deep (improved shooting mechanics, new flight model)

So I would really like to see at least a Jet DLC, Ships&Submarines and a Tank-DLC which makes the tanks more realistic. Each should of course include new vehicles and more stuff.

Bohemia really seemed to give up on the vehicle portion of Arma 3, i hope they catch up eventually. Those are some good ideas you got but seeing what they seem to be prioritizing i highly doubt it.

The two are just the two currently announced, they also have an unnamed expansion lined up but after that Who Knows

They better be working on some more weapons, especially GPMGs.

New weapons are confirmed for the Marksmen DLC, it's just that there's no more specific information re: Marksmen DLC content beyond that.

As far as the idea behind more stuff for vehicles, it should be noted that the devs have alluded to stuff like firing-from-inside being potentially carried over beyond just helicopters, and that the new camera shake effect stuff isn't necessarily limited to helos (even if they get it first)... but again, not enough data to say a yes or a no.

As far as the idea behind more stuff for vehicles, it should be noted that the devs have alluded to stuff like firing-from-inside being potentially carried over beyond just helicopters, and that the new camera shake effect stuff isn't necessarily limited to helos (even if they get it first)... but again, not enough data to say a yes or a no.

I really think the ambiguity about firing from vehicles is made clear in the new roadmap.

the ability to fire from vehicles in Arma 3 Helicopters

If they meant helicopters, they'd say helicopters. And if you look at it from a logical standpoint, being able to fire from helicopters would not be any different technically speaking than firing from any other vehicle. Helicopters are also the least practical vehicle to fire from, when you think about it. It is possible that when the DLC hits, helis may be the only vehicles that have the proper configurations to let them be fired from inside, but that'd just a matter of BIS wanting to release the DLC first and then configure the rest of the vehicles afterward.

Also, if you look at the dev branch forum (and I believe the latest spotrep?) it is confirmed that the vehicle shaking will not be limited to helis.

BIS has clearly proven that even the best speculation regarding future content is shooting in the dark at best. We will only truely know when its released and we whip out our wallets. One would think that we will eventually get proper features regarding all various game content, but looking at their released roadmap we will all be waiting a while for it.

I think this is confirmed, but they should release an expansion like Arrowhead for Arma 2 in a few years which will be like AO I guess bringing lots of new assets and content.

And a new map/island, which we know they are already working on.

I think this is confirmed, but they should release an expansion like Arrowhead for Arma 2 in a few years which will be like AO I guess bringing lots of new assets and content.

The expansion is coming late next year. Then I guess Arma 3 will be slowly leave his place for a future BIS big project.

The new island is coming with the expansion, I hope we will have much more informations before the end of this year.

So far, we've selected a new terrain that offers a distinctive feeling and gameplay. Building on our experience with Zeus, we're exploring ways to develop a more 'fully featured' 3D scenario editor. We're looking carefully at making investments in civilian life and diversity. Furthermore, unlike Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, the expansion is not intended to be standalone. Rather, learning lessons from past experiences, the expansion is a true extension of the Arma 3 base. We want to build one big platform of content and features, simplifying development for ourselves and making life easier for our players!

I over looked this one somehow. Not only is the new expansion going to add new content, it's not going to be like OA. It's going to be an addition to the base game, probably releasing polished (hopefully) assets for all sides, including a focus on civilian life, which only makes sense with such a detailed Civilian island like Altis. This could include Civilian specific vehicles, and possibly weapons for civilians (law enforcement wise) as well. Not only that, but a new map, which could very much also include a focus on civilians, but in a different setting or environment.

As a 3d editor user I'd be quite happy for them to finish ;) the 3d editor. Quite annoying that it's almost a necessity to covert to 2d mission files.

game has barely come out and people already talk about it beeing abandoned for another project...

game has barely come out and people already talk about it beeing abandoned for another project...

Didn't BI stated somewhere that they won't start working on Arma4 (or another game in the Armaverse) until they are completely satisfied with Arma3?

If then, that could take a while.... .a long one....

Personally I don't think they will work on Arma 4 , at least this how I understand it.

A lot of people already left Arma 3 because of bugs and engine limitations since Arma1. So instead of releasing a new Arma they should find solutions to most of the existing problems before moving on.

My bet is ArmA 3 +DLC + expansion are their last game on the armaverse - even though I hope not.

However, even before ArmA 3 became what it is, they already wanted to change, make it syfy (aliens, etc...)

I think they'll eventually do it.

My bet is ArmA 3 +DLC + expansion are their last game on the armaverse - even though I hope not.

However, even before ArmA 3 became what it is, they already wanted to change, make it syfy (aliens, etc...)

I think they'll eventually do it.

I hope not. I hope Arma 4 goes more the realism/simulation way. Or, idk. They could really improve alot of things, but i'm looking forward to more intuitive improvements, functions, Engine Enhancements, and even maps. I would love to see some beautiful scenery for a change... not to say Altis, Strats, Chernarus weren't beautiful, but i would love to see some River in a valley covered in forests kinda thing. With nicely designed bridges... When was the last time we say a nice bridge?