Sign in to follow this  
Lucky44

Showing a note image in game

Bottom line: I would like to have "intel" found on AI units be things like readable notes. And I don't just want to pop up a hint on screen with the content of the note. Ideally, it'd be an inventory item a player (in MP, on dedi server, btw) could take out repeatedly and read.

But if I can't get an inventory item like this, maybe just adding it to one player's Task list, with the image, would be OK.

Thoughts on best approaches -and, ideally, how to implement it (if it's not simple) ?

Thanks

You can do a addaction script and just add a .sqf and the image will be in your briefing area.

I can send you one when i get home if you want! :)

I was looking for this a while ago. I found this thread with useful commands on it.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?176565-Interactive-Intel-Items&p=2673505&viewfull=1#post2673505

I bookmarked it and maybe you should too, since it's a bit hard to figure out on your own.

Thanks, that was helpful. The new "intel" objects are pretty cool. I wish I could get something that would do that cool Intel stuff but also be an object I could pass from one player to another, like the Arma 2 intel objects.