Sign in to follow this  
quantenfrik

can walk/shoot through vehicle despite geo/fire geo lod

although i have a geometry lod which has the outeriors of my model and a fire geometry with rvmats for the body, engine and fuel, I can still walk through most parts of my vehicle. i can also shoot through the hull, but not through the engine and the fueltank, which block my bullets exactly as they should. but i can't get this to work for the body, i tried editing the config.cpp in various ways but none worked. if anyone wants to have a look or has any ideas: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1ff5d9lxq71ib2x/AAB3qtyeHkN8B7g_YhnCLEWra

thanks in advance

Have you gone to topology find components in both the geo and firelod. And check to make sure they are both closed and convex.

edit- yea just looked at the model(neat design btw) but yea its not convex in the geo/geophysx or fire lod which is why you can walk though and shoot through them. try making the topology simpler too. that's a really complex shape and it doesn't have to be.

Edited by M1lkm8n

thanks a lot! i thought it was enough if it was closed, didn't know about the convex thing (also didn't know what it meant until now). now i also understand why the sample model fire geo lod has 100+ components. will rework my model tomorrow then. thanks again i really thought i was stuck on this issue!