Sign in to follow this  
manesh

Order AI to use specific weapon?

So I'm playing the campaign and get really frustrated right now when trying to ambush a convoi in the second campaign.

I have one AI with a rocket launcher hidden near the road and I myself am a some way up the road.

The plan is that AI shoots the first vehicle, I shoot the last one and everything runs smoothly.

Now I give that soldier the command to target the vehicle but he refuses to switch his normal gun until he sees the vehicle, which simply means he will miss the vehicle completely because it gets out of range until he managed to switch -.-

Oh and one time I managed to make it work by stopping the convoi so the sleepyhead had enough time but then he also blew up the vehicle I wanted to capture, because now I cannot command him to use his rifle - great -.-

Why is there no command to force an AI to use a specific weapon?

I believe you, as the leader, need to select the unit (whichever F-key he is), then press 6, and look for his AT launcher in the menu on the top left. Keep selecting "more" till you see it. You should be seeing other actions, such as "take weapon x" (weapons on the ground) or "heal x." I'll confirm this as soon as I can play tonight.

There are several threads already about forcing AI to use AT launchers. It's a headache to say the least. Lay some charges, one to take out the lead car, and one to take out the end car, then you've created a kill box, and I feel sorry for the bad guys :)