Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

Karts DLC: steering problems (delayed input?)

Ok, don't know if this is related to A3 or to my input devices.

Situation: steering input is delayed, estimated 0.2 seconds. Doesn't sound like much but prevents me from taking turns accurately, ending up in walls and other obstacles off-track.

Tested with my Saitek Rumble Pad (2500) aswell as with my Joystick Saitek X52Pro.

If someone knows where the problem is and how to solve it, i would really appreciate it.

What's your FPS? Maybe that could be part of the problem.

There seem to be lots of scripts running in those time trial challenges.

What's your FPS? Maybe that could be part of the problem.

There seem to be lots of scripts running in those time trial challenges.

Good point. Just tested it now in the Editor on the Stratis Airfield with 80-90 FPS and problem is exactly the same.

Myke;2699561']Ok' date=' don't know if this is related to A3 or to my input devices.

Situation: steering input is delayed, estimated 0.2 seconds. Doesn't sound like much but prevents me from taking turns accurately, ending up in walls and other obstacles off-track.

Tested with my Saitek Rumble Pad (2500) aswell as with my Joystick Saitek X52Pro.

If someone knows where the problem is and how to solve it, i would really appreciate it.[/quote']

I tested it with my wired XBox-Controller and couldn't see an input-lag, because if I do tiny steering-movements, the game responds without delay, but the overall steering is a bit slow, if you try to steer max left / max right.

Might be a sensitivity setting and might help rookies to drive more of a straight line.

I got 85-90fps on high settings when I tried the first track.

:)

I think i tracked it down. It looks like the animation for the front wheels steering has a max limit of speed. Means that the wheels can't turn as fast as input is given (wheels lagging behind controller input). IMHO the animation should always represent input value but actually it doesn't.

Myke;2701170']I think i tracked it down. It looks like the animation for the front wheels steering has a max limit of speed. Means that the wheels can't turn as fast as input is given (wheels lagging behind controller input). IMHO the animation should always represent input value but actually it doesn't.

Good to know.

Maybe they can fix it.

:)

But isn't this expected? Using the XBOX Controller, when I hit steering full to the left, I see the wheels gradually going more and more left. I.e. there's a maximum turning speed. If I slowly steer left, the wheel steers to that point. At it looks to me that way.

Same problem with Logitech g27. But it is not just animation problem, the car really goes where the wheels are facing. I think it exists for all wheeled vehicles, but for karts it is critical.