Sign in to follow this  
MrF

Addon Builder checks every Folder in Drive P while binarizing

Hi

After the update, Addon Builder checks every folder with a config inside (while binarizing other folders) and reported errors (sure, some config's aren't finish...) about these configs !! This is sh****... anyone else have the same problem ?? :(

Regards, MrF

Yea, I'm getting this too - Error messages about config.cpp files that are in other project folders on my P:\ drive, but are not part of the addon that I'm compiling into a .pbo.

It's kind of annoying. (BIS pls fix ;))

This is annoying as hell - why the it needs to check every folder is beyond my mind :p

Ok, thought the problem was only be with me... so, BI have to fix it !! :P

@Mikero

Thanks, will give it a try...

For some reason i was under the impression that I needed to use the Addon Builder with the P:\ drive. But Ive found out that it doesn't work that way. Everything links to the actual steam/tools dir. Only path used from P drive was for the "Path to project folder".

Edited by NZXSHADOWS
t(O.o)y Missunderstanding.

@Mikero

I stop wasting my time...

Thank you.

same here worked fine before the update and now its crap. and when it does get done its leaving out some folder,textures and rvmats

What method are you guys using to setup your addon builder. Currently this is my setup.

SettingsX.jpg

Works fine for me.

This :

532ediy1hihs.jpg

In your options tab try pointing the "Path to project folder" to you P:\Drive addon location path. an on the main menu point the Addon Source Directory to your real addon directory not the P:\ path. It should pack with out an issue. but again im still messing around with the settings. My issue is getting buldozer to convert my .tga's to .paa's.

If i choose my project folder, Addon Builder chrashed... :confused: :(

If i choose my project folder, Addon Builder chrashed... :confused: :(

An what did you use for your "Addon Source Directory" path?. If your "Addon Source Directory" is set to where your tools are installed for example "I:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\Addon Folder" You should be ok. An set your "Path to project folder" to P:\Addon Folder. I dont know if this is the offical way to point to directory's but it makes sense to me that this is the way the tool needs setup.

Trying multiple things, nothing works for me... it's very annoying !! Now, after the "hotfix" the beahviour is the same and i get the same error like before...

Its odd that starting some tools from different locations have a different effect. I have to start Object Builder from its P: drive installation path or buldozer wont find viewer when started. It just wont work when trying to start it from steam or the tools gui. Now the Addon Builder is the complete opposite. An once I got everything working. I did a reboot an I started the tools like normal an now they are not working properly after that last update. Oh well.

edit, still valid...