democore

Real time Browser Map

Hey DemoCore, nice Project! I looking a long time ago for a Mod like this, thanks.

Kind of funny how some of the cheat producers have used some of the same concept to bypass battle-eye.

Nice work though.

Oh damn why didn't I see this sooner! I've been building my own for mission planning (you can double click to add markers), but I'd like to extend it to showing live/historical movements of players on missions.

My question is, how did you map the player positions to coordinates for use in browser mapping? I see you are using openlayers, I'm using leafletjs, a similar tile based mapping client.

http://5rifles.com/operations

Oh damn why didn't I see this sooner! I've been building my own for mission planning (you can double click to add markers), but I'd like to extend it to showing live/historical movements of players on missions.

My question is, how did you map the player positions to coordinates for use in browser mapping? I see you are using openlayers, I'm using leafletjs, a similar tile based mapping client.

http://5rifles.com/operations

The menu for placing markers looks badass! O__o how did you do that? Is it a leaflets thing?

For the positioning: Well it depends on your coordination system.

If 0,0 is at the bottom left its:

mapx = player.x * pixelPerMeter;

mapy = player.y * pixelPerMeter;

You only have to calculate the pixelPerMeter for your map. (just count the pixel between the 100m marks and divide them by 100 ;D).

That makes sense I'll have to give it a go later!

The menu for placing markers looks badass! O__o how did you do that? Is it a leaflets thing?

I'm just using the leafletjs popups and styling them myself. I'm trying to get all the interactions to feel like you are in game (styles, clicks, keyboard actions etc).

I noticed earlier in this thread you mentioned being able to read markers from the map, this is exactly what I want to do initially.

Our recon team drops in-game a week ahead of our mission start and uses UAVs etc to gather intel. They then mark what they see on the map and take screenshots and post it in the operations thread on the forum. I want to cut out this manual work and automatically import their in-game markers into the browser map. I then want it to work 2 way, so that squad leaders can then use the browser version to map movement plans etc that others can review before the day of the mission. Then when everyone joins the actual game on the night, both recon markers and squad leader markers are on the in-game map.

Baby steps first though haha.

Edited by alexcroox

That makes sense I'll have to give it a go later!

I'm just using the leafletjs popups and styling them myself. I'm trying to get all the interactions to feel like you are in game (styles, clicks, keyboard actions etc).

I noticed earlier in this thread you mentioned being able to read markers from the map, this is exactly what I want to do initially.

Our recon team drops in-game a week ahead of our mission start and uses UAVs etc to gather intel. They then mark what they see on the map and take screenshots and post it in the operations thread on the forum. I want to cut out this manual work and automatically import their in-game markers into the browser map. I then want it to work 2 way, so that squad leaders can then use the browser version to map movement plans etc that others can review before the day of the mission. Then when everyone joins the actual game on the night, both recon markers and squad leader markers are on the in-game map.

Baby steps first though haha.

Sounds nice! How about we continue our work together? Since we both have the same target. Also you appear to have more knowlege about UI stuff than I do! :)

Since I already have the most of the hard stuff done (communication from arma to browser AND the other direction) we could use each others work to do a even better map together I think!

If you're interested, just add me in Steam! :) http://steamcommunity.com/id/DemoCoree/

Edited by DemoCore

Democore are you still planning on putting the code on Github? I'd be really interested in seeing how you've got the Arma client talking to the browser!

Democore are you still planning on putting the code on Github? I'd be really interested in seeing how you've got the Arma client talking to the browser!

I think I will put the code up on github, yea. If you have any specific questions, just add me in Steam and ask me :)

#Update 31.03.2015

- Still a problem with the units freezing and not being updated anymore. I found the source of the problem kind of, but I don't have a solution so far. It's some problem with thread safety in c#.

- It's now possible to change the settings of RTMS on the fly via the .exe! :) http://i.imgur.com/oDeVDs7.jpg (585 kB)

#Update 2 31.03.2015

- Follow, Adding waypoints and Teleport are working in the new version now.

- Server FPS are shown in the browser.

- New version of @RMTS download

- New version of ArmaHandleTcp.exe (Included in the above download)

Edited by DemoCore

Still using this and really enjoying it, DC. :)

I notice that it's not coping very well tracking my player unit when I'm using changing my setcaptive true. As far as I can see, your configuration thingy allows me to see west, east, guer and empty vehicles and when I set myself setcaptive, I become a civilian and the map doesn't show me. But when I unset setcaptive, the newol doesn't start showing me again. Also related... when I teleport around the map using debug, it seems to lose me.

Sort of related, I'd like to be able to see civs too, as we're now using Fluits really spangly DEP (link below) and that does make a lot of units, including civs, dynamically. How does RTM cope with units spawn and despawned in this way?

https://github.com/Fluitketel/DynamicEnemyPopulation

---------- Post added at 11:23 ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 ----------

Screenshot unrelated to post above....

[/color]http://puu.sh/hh1FW/38faa69c97.JPG (254 kB)

---------- Post added at 11:44 ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 ----------

#Update 31.03.2015

- It's now possible to change the settings of RTMS on the fly via the .exe!

Not working for me. I've set it to work as a blufor tracker only showing west units, but its' still showing opfor.

Edited by Tankbuster

the links are dead :/

could you reupload the project?

Its looking very promising.

Cheers,

Hey, I'm sorry that I abandoned the Project.

If you guys want to continue it or just set it up yourself, here's the website and Arma code:

https://github.com/democore/RTMV

Hi Guys,

im seriously trying to get this tool working.

But i cannot figure the error out.

20:10:13 Error in expression < _returned;
while{["#", _returned] call KK_fnc_inString != -1} do
{
_foundIndex >
20:10:13   Error position: <KK_fnc_inString != -1} do
{
_foundIndex >
20:10:13   Error Undefined variable in expression: kk_fnc_instring
20:10:13 File RTMS\spawnShit.sqf, line 14

@Demoncore i added you in Steam, can you approve my invitation and can we talk ? Would be awesome....

Thank You 

Hellangel1987

A polite reminder from our rules:

10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion.

Thread Starter may contact a moderator to have this thread re-opened.