Sign in to follow this  
Kydoimos

Animate Vehicle Wheels

Is it possible to animate vehicle wheels? Could be useful in conjunction with unitplay function. Thanks ever so much for any responses.

car1 engineOn true;

car1 is your vehicle. To turn it off you just switch from true to false.

Surely that won't work with the unitPlay function?

Worked for me.

When i using UnitPlay i need to turn on the engine for the sound and wheels to spin.

Works the same way with choppers.

Beacuse when you do UnitPlay, you are recording the unit, not the vehicle.

Thanks, Bezz - I'll give that a whirl! Much appreciated!

if you wont get it work, send me a PM and i will give you an exempel mission for you :)

Ah, thanks man! I'll try it out as soon as I have the chance! Also, what about if you attach a vehicle to something else that is moving on a unitplay function? Surely, having the engineOn wouldn't make the wheels work then, if the vehicle was only attached? I was just curious if there was any way to animate the wheels remotely? Nevertheless, Bezz, your response has been most helpful - thanks very much! And thanks too, for the offer of a repro mission! I'll see how I get on,

I have finally come up with a workaround to use unitPlay as well as have the wheels spin. This is done by combining the use of setDriveOnPath and unitPlay. 8 years later but hope it helps.

• Like 3

Pretty sure he figured it out a while ago (in time win Make Arma Not War and become a dev), but thank you for sharing your findings!

• Like 2