Sign in to follow this  
RushHour

Make an airport out of piers, bit of a problem.

Making a thread instead,

It accepts 0.01 too, maybe even millimeters but I've never tried that, of course it's still a pita to do manually.

Haven´t tried 0.001 increments but yes, as you said 0.01 works.

But now i´ve discovered another problem. It´s that even though you line them up near perfectly you can´t run aircraft on it, somehow the aircraft jumps straight up into the air when going over an edge.

Do i need to make it even more lined up or is there some other problem here?

http://i.imgur.com/0FIsmwO.jpg (210 kB)

Making a thread instead,

Haven´t tried 0.001 increments but yes, as you said 0.01 works.

But now i´ve discovered another problem. It´s that even though you line them up near perfectly you can´t run aircraft on it, somehow the aircraft jumps straight up into the air when going over an edge.

Do i need to make it even more lined up or is there some other problem here?

http://i.imgur.com/0FIsmwO.jpg (210 kB)

i can visually see that edge line which should be positioned almost so perfect its barley visible. But then still that might not work due to the fact that Objects in Arma, have since beginnings been buggy. Good luck with your venture however.

Yea me too, some other ones are so smooth i had trouble finding the edge but still when i run it over with any form of aircraft it´s like there´s invisible edges anyways.

Cars and stuff like that works beautifully but the small tires on aircraft just makes the physics go wonky. I´ll try and fiddle with it some more otherwise i´m gonna have to make one solid piece in 3DS or something.

Go on KK Blog - there is example to line up the airport terminal buildings precisely. It's exactly the same principle with any other objects.