Sign in to follow this  
SINE

Deactivating the Eagle flying around the camera's area?

Hello Dear Ladies and Gentlemen from BIInteractive and users of the forum,

is it anyhow possible (f.e. by editing the mission, scripts or some other way) to deactivate the Zeus's eagle which always indicates where Zeus is currently looking at?

Of course, an addon wouldn't be too good of a solution as we only offer a mission and don't want to force our players to download anything extra.

Thanks in advance.

Hello again.

I can't find any way to identify the eagle by scripting means, It seems like the object "eagle" either does not belong to any classgroup OR does not have any kind of object identificator (there must be one for arma itself?!).

Could anyone from the official team check out if it'd be possible to add a feature to deactivate the eagle and or give it an identifier to put a script on it, pretty please?

That would be absolutely fantastic!

Thanks anyways!

----------- Edit:

I got lucky and randomly found the reason I couldn't see the eagle: It's simply not in any class, thats why it wasn't below the class "all" (which I used in my script to find it);

To see objects without any class, simply use:

[color="#008080"]OBJECT[/color] nearObjects [color="#008080"]SCANRADIUS[/color]

Simply replace the blue placeholders.

FYI: The Eagle has the name Eagle_F

Edited by SINE

Sorry, that I wasnt able to assist, but congrats that you figured it out. That might be a help for others as well. Thanks

If you found a solution, I would like to know.

Already tried some Trigger but without any success.

Bardo, I already posted my solution:

[...]To see objects without any class, simply use:

[color="#008080"]OBJECT[/color] nearObjects [color="#008080"]SCANRADIUS[/color]

Simply replace the blue placeholders.

Bardo, I already posted my solution:

Yeah right, you posted how you found out what name the eagle has.

But I thought your target was to deactivate the eagle...

So how about that, how u disabled it?

Heres some code that should do the job.

_eagle = Eagle_F nearObjects 500;
_eagle hideObject true;

Heres some code that should do the job.

_eagle = Eagle_F nearObjects 500;
_eagle hideObject true;

Where does this code belong? I tried placing it in game logic and in init.sqf and no go on either. That said I'm not really smart with ARMA code yet.

This isnt even proper use of the command... I dont understand how you say it works

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/nearObjects

Clearly states that you are finding all objects withing a certain diameter of a certain position. i get "6: eagle.p3d" in an array of other objects when i do this:

(player nearObjects 5000)

Ok, I figured it out, Use this code:

[color="#FF8040"][color="#8B3E2F"][b]{[/b][/color]
[color="#191970"][b]if[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]typeOf[/b][/color] [color="#000000"]_x[/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] [color="#7A7A7A"]"Eagle_F"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]then[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]{[/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]deleteVehicle[/b][/color] [color="#000000"]_x[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]}[/b][/color]
[color="#8B3E2F"][b]}[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]forEach[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#1874CD"]_zeusPos[/color] [color="#191970"][b]nearObjects[/b][/color] [color="#FF0000"]5000[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color][/color]

EDIT

-------------

Or not. here is the simpler way to find the eagle Birdy= getPos player nearObjects ["eagle_f",200].

Not sure why i over complicated it. Must have messed up the syntax when i tried this last time.

Edited by Benargee