beazley

UIcorrections Suite

The only reason I think that code should work (haven't checked it out yet) is I was tinkering and trying to make functioning Thermal Goggles and inherited from the 'NVGoggles' class, and they had your full-screen NVG 'optic'.

EDIT: I've just looked over BI's code for the NVGoggles and the code I posted above wont work, as each NVGoggles define (i.e. the default class and the OPFOR/INDEP versions) each have the modeloptic defined in them (a bit of redundant code tbh considering they could just inherit that line from the NVGoggles class).

Maybe try inheriting each sub-class from the 'NVGoggles' class instead of from 'Binoculars' would fix the VA error.

I.E.

class CfgPatches 
{
class bzly_uifullnvgs 
{
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
	requiredAddons[] = {"A3_UI_F"};
};
};

class CfgAddons 
{
class PreloadAddons 
{
	class bzly_uifullnvgs 
	{
		list[] = {"bzly_uifullnvgs"};
	};
};
};

class Binocular;
class cfgWeapons 
{

class NVGoggles : Binocular 
{
	modelOptics = "\A3\Weapons_F\Reticle\optics_empty.p3d";
};

class NVGoggles_OPFOR : NVGoggles
{
};

class NVGoggles_INDEP : NVGoggles
{
};
};

Honestly - that's how I thought my code looked :p If it's being strange I can just re-include the VA class for them.

Hey Beazley,

this is an awesome mod - would it be possible to implement support for RHS NVGs?

Sure, though in all honesty it should work with theirs anyway if they're inheriting correctly. If they're not, then you should approach them about re-defining things that don't need to be (unless they're legitimately using a different modelOptic to Bohemia's). Do you know how many pairs RHS includes? I return home today, so I'll put up a compatibility patch on the first page soon.

Honestly - that's how I thought my code looked :p If it's being strange I can just re-include the VA class for them.

Originally you inherited from Binoculars for all three classes (as the BLUFOR NVGs do in the above case). However, BLUFOR NVGs appear in the NVG slot in VA (i.e. they work), but the OPFOR/INDEP ones do not as they inherit from the 'Binocular' class. I figure inheriting from NVGoggles would fix the broken ones.

I believe RHS uses their own Optic models for NVG's and will be adding/ changing them aswell

Still - no harm in providing an optional .pbo that people can use if they prefer full screen. Cheers for the heads up though.

Originally you inherited from Binoculars for all three classes (as the BLUFOR NVGs do in the above case). However, BLUFOR NVGs appear in the NVG slot in VA (i.e. they work), but the OPFOR/INDEP ones do not as they inherit from the 'Binocular' class. I figure inheriting from NVGoggles would fix the broken ones.

Oh, blimey. What a silly mistake; I'll fix that.

Beazley, would you be able to add a feature to remove ALL the default action items that float in front of your face when you, for example, get close to a friend's backpack or approach a door (the same as you did for the reload action item, just for ALL of the action items)? We just discussed this on Comrades in Arms and we all agreed that having the option to remove all that annoying pop-up actions and keep them only on the action menu would be great.

I was tinkering and trying to make functioning Thermal Goggles and inherited from the 'NVGoggles' class

did you succeed? i remember trying this in arma 2 but never succeeding and no one i asked about it thought it was possible. i'd appreciate some info, if you have some. thx in advance.

Beazley, would you be able to add a feature to remove ALL the default action items that float in front of your face when you, for example, get close to a friend's backpack or approach a door (the same as you did for the reload action item, just for ALL of the action items)? We just discussed this on Comrades in Arms and we all agreed that having the option to remove all that annoying pop-up actions and keep them only on the action menu would be great.

+1 to that.... so annoying pls consider adding to ace3 while you're at it :-)

From my little personnel "hardcore" addon, it's easy to do and you can do it yourself if you want :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178303-UIcorrections-Suite&p=2724863&viewfull=1#post2724863

I use it since the beginning and better immersion for sure.

Have a good day.

From my little personnel "hardcore" addon, it's easy to do and you can do it yourself if you want :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178303-UIcorrections-Suite&p=2724863&viewfull=1#post2724863

I use it since the beginning and better immersion for sure.

Have a good day.

But that will just move the icon away, but the "default action" would still be there, right? for example, a backpack would open if I'm close enough to it and press the action key?

But that will just move the icon away, but the "default action" would still be there, right? for example, a backpack would open if I'm close enough to it and press the action key?

True, but i have no key assigned for the "Use default action" in my CONTROLS options, so it's not a problem for me.

But if you want to remove the icon and his action, i don't know how to do, sorry.

Right, you can simply unmap the default action! Thanks J3aLeiNe.

Could you please add a feature, which gets rid of the Parachute UI. As in the velocity and height bar.

Is there a way to create an additional UI function that removes the crosshair regardless of server settings (as I don't use it on my local settings, but server settings always override it)?

Unfortunately it seems the round counter is back since the last update, I did some testing. Strangely it disappears if you switch to a launcher and back to primary.

This line In the "class CfgPatches" solves the problem :

requiredAddons[]={"A3_Ui_F_Tank"};
  • Like 2

On 11/04/2018 at 10:56 PM, Ethridge said:

Unfortunately it seems the round counter is back since the last update, I did some testing. Strangely it disappears if you switch to a launcher and back to primary.

On 12/04/2018 at 2:17 PM, Laid3acK said:

Sorry - I really don't check the BIS forums any more. Need to follow my own threads.

Firstly, I've played a few missions since April on the latest released version and have not noticed an ammo counter, secondly I'm confused as to why changing the requiredAddons array would fix it - unless BIS removed one of the addons that I was requiring previously?

Will have a look tomorrow, ta for the report.

On 12/04/2018 at 2:17 PM, Laid3acK said:

Ooookay, you were right - another mod was hiding the round counter (presumably ACE).

I have updated the requiredAddons array and you're correct, that does fix it. I am completely confused as to why, though.

6 hours ago, Laid3acK said:

New BI DLC, new dependencies. No mystery or ACE3 conspiracy. ;)

But AFAIK the requiredAddons array does nothing but make the game complain if you load with a mod without one of its dependencies. A3_UI_F still exists, and still contains the exact things I'm changing in this mod.

its all about load order. 

as this has changed with recent A3 updates, your configs were now overwritten by BI configs

3 hours ago, .kju said:

its all about load order. 

as this has changed with recent A3 updates, your configs were now overwritten by BI configs

That was the only thing I could think of, but I thought all base game stuff was loaded in first (for obvious reasons). I also didn't think the requiredAddons was used like that - in ArmA 2 you had to start the game with the mods in the right load order for this reason. I guess it was updated and I didn't realise.

Anyway, thank you. I will be updating these shortly.

• Thanks 1