beazley

UIcorrections Suite

Thanks mate. You should release with a proper folder structure; otherwise you'll see support questions here...

@bzly_UIcorrections\Addons\*.pbo

Thanks mate. You should release with a proper folder structure; otherwise you'll see support questions here...

@bzly_UIcorrections\Addons\*.pbo

Very true. I think I did for the initial release, I just fucked it up with the update ;)

Next update will have a proper folder structure and include the ammo count removal .pbo. I'll also try to sneak in bigger map grid numbers (they're tiny at the moment).

---------- Post added at 17:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:47 ----------

Found the grid nums part.

Normal size: http://puu.sh/a0NF0/b46ded91d9.jpg

Proposed new size: http://puu.sh/a0NP7/f35d6b13e4.jpg (may change a little)

Will be in the next update.

PS: this forum's 100KB limit on embedded images is bonkers. This isn't 1998 any more :(

Please take a look at Fullscreen NVGS, for some of us it is not working at all, dunno why. Thanks!

If only I'd tried size at the same time!

I have used the same way for all icons, if you want to clean the HUD, it's simple :

class CfgInGameUI {

class DefaultAction {
	size = "(			(			(			((safezoneW / safezoneH) min 1.2) / 1.2) / 25) * 0)";
};
};

As usual, hope that help.:)

Version 1.2 released!

Website and Mediafire links up-to-date, Armaholic will be shortly.

Changelog:

Added UIammocount - removes ammo, magazine and grenade counts from HUD (does not apply to vehicles)

Added UIgridnums - Enlarges grid numbers on the map screen to make them more visible

Added server key and signature files

@Jealeine - I'm not trying to clean the whole HUD; some things are actually quite useful (like knowing which grenade you have out, and whether your UGL is the active primary). P.S. you can just use size = 0; it's a lot tidier ;)

@gienkov - Can you provide more information? It definitely works on all of BIS' NVGs and anything that inherits from them without redefining modelOptics. Check your RPT and make sure your game is actually starting with the .pbo active.

Thanks for sending us the new version again :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Version 1.2 released!

Website and Mediafire links up-to-date, Armaholic will be shortly.

Changelog:

Added UIammocount - removes ammo, magazine and grenade counts from HUD (does not apply to vehicles)

Added UIgridnums - Enlarges grid numbers on the map screen to make them more visible

Added server key and signature files

@Jealeine - I'm not trying to clean the whole HUD; some things are actually quite useful (like knowing which grenade you have out, and whether your UGL is the active primary). P.S. you can just use size = 0; it's a lot tidier ;)

@gienkov - Can you provide more information? It definitely works on all of BIS' NVGs and anything that inherits from them without redefining modelOptics. Check your RPT and make sure your game is actually starting with the .pbo active.

Again would it be possible to add another version of UIammocount...One that still displays how many magazines and grenades you have, just not displaying the amount of bullets in the current magazine?

Again would it be possible to add another version of UIammocount...One that still displays how many magazines and grenades you have, just not displaying the amount of bullets in the current magazine?

The focus of this mod is to increase immersion and/or realism by tweaking the UI where relevant. In real life you'd have to open up your backpack etc. and count to see how many magazines you have left, so that's what you have to do here. I don't see why anyone would want part of that module and not all or none, to be honest.

However, as I'm an exceedingly nice chap (and it was only 60 second's work), I've made you your variant here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0mcczr7ukoraob3/bzly_UIammocount_alt.pbo. It's not going to make it into the mod as a separate module, but you may use it as you wish!

The focus of this mod is to increase immersion and/or realism by tweaking the UI where relevant. In real life you'd have to open up your backpack etc. and count to see how many magazines you have left, so that's what you have to do here. I don't see why anyone would want part of that module and not all or none, to be honest.

However, as I'm an exceedingly nice chap (and it was only 60 second's work), I've made you your variant here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0mcczr7ukoraob3/bzly_UIammocount_alt.pbo. It's not going to make it into the mod as a separate module, but you may use it as you wish!

Now I fee like a complete idiot. Thanks for actually making the version that I requested. :D Honestly I was going to come back and say, "Well you could just remember how many magazines you had before you left and then count down as you went through them" trying to justify the reason to have the mag counter and grenade counter. But then I came to realize that that isn't realistic at all. Yes, you would have to check your backpack or your vest to see how many mags you have left. Thanks for the special version and I've tried it out and its all good and well. Then I also downloaded the rest of the pack and tried out your regular UIAmmocount.pbo. And now I feel bad for suggesting that you spend your time on something that I actually wont use. Sorry to say that, but your original version is soo much better. Thanks anyway. :D

Is it possible to whitelist only specific .pbos included? I might be mistaken but would using the included .bisigns to create key-files be enough?

You can't use .bisigns to create key files, I'm afraid. Good point, though; I hadn't thought about that. I could provide a key and a bisign for each individual .pbo, that would work. It would mean that my mod contained 9 server keys though ^_^ but I guess nobody really has to check there, so I'll probably do that in the next update.

You could, of course, re-sign them yourself; it's not very difficult at all.

Hi Beazley.

Cool mod.

Do you have any plans to remove the Open backpack / Heal / Inventory / open door / get in icons which always seem to be in your face when in a firefight?

Not sure what these are classed as... interaction icons I presume ?

Maybe they could be placed on a toggle Show/Hide key or just relegated to the mouse scroll only.

Oh and if you figure out how to turn off the group chat autospot in MP tell bis they can't figure it out and its been in feedback report since alpha ofp !!! :)

Hi Beazley.

Cool mod.

Do you have any plans to remove the Open backpack / Heal / Inventory / open door / get in icons which always seem to be in your face when in a firefight?

Not sure what these are classed as... interaction icons I presume ?

Maybe they could be placed on a toggle Show/Hide key or just relegated to the mouse scroll only.

I didn't, but I can easily. Not sure what the 'open backpack' icon is, I don't believe I've ever seen it...at least, I don't remember it. Heal could definitely go, as could inv/backpack, but open door? That's probably the one icon even I can stand due to its usefulness in FIBUA. Well, horses for courses.

Oh and if you figure out how to turn off the group chat autospot in MP tell bis they can't figure it out and its been in feedback report since alpha ofp !!! :)

I have this turned off client-side, it's in game/audio options somewhere. Look for something to do with 'radio'.

I didn't, but I can easily. Not sure what the 'open backpack' icon is, I don't believe I've ever seen it...at least, I don't remember it. Heal could definitely go, as could inv/backpack, but open door? That's probably the one icon even I can stand due to its usefulness in FIBUA. Well, horses for courses.

I have this turned off client-side, it's in game/audio options somewhere. Look for something to do with 'radio'.

Open backpack isnt an icon, its text.

configfile >> "CfgActions" >> "OpenBag"

the text being "Open %1";

I know about the client side game option for radio group subtitles. I too have it turned off but its annoying when someone else says hey blip where is that soldier you just reported when I have not seen anyone. (if you know what i mean)

I would like to have it as an addon so i can make it server side so that all players are not using radio subtitles if thats possible ?

Would be nice if heal went for maybe all but the medic class ?

Open door has its uses unless you are aiming out a door at an enemy and the icon pops up in your face :)

All just suggestions Thanks for listening :)

I use this to silence myself and others in MP (server & clientside): http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18879

I will test this again but I believe this does not stop radio subtitles ? Only the radio audio messages.

I might be mistaken so i will test it again :)

Edit tested.

It removes the sounds similar to the way we do already in mission with enablesentences false; in the init of each player.

But it still allows radio subtitles so a player will still send a message to other players if His "AI MIND" spots an enemy he does not.

Edited by BL1P

You turn subtitles off in game options -> Radio subtitles.

You turn subtitles off in game options -> Radio subtitles.

Yes we know this can be done by each client. I am asking for it to be an addon so that it can be forced on all clients.

It should already work in arma3 by setting autospot=0; in the server.arma3profile but this is a broken command bis haven't fixed yet.

And this mod seems the best mod to do that as it is part of the UI system and seems in my mind to fall into the same level of difficulty and fluidity this mod aims at.

Edited by BL1P

It also breaks the Opfor Radio protocols, so you won't hear them shouting orders... bit of an immersion breaker

Better than all the contact reports I suppose but there must be a way to JUST stop those and not other Radio sounds?

SJ

Dear Beazley.

I have done a small mod that Removes the icons for but leaves the functionality in Action menu with the following :-

OpenBag

Rearm

Refuel

Repair

Gear

GetInCommander

GetInDriver

GetInPilot

GetInGunner

GetInCargo

GetInTurret

TakeItem

TakeWeapon

TakeMagazine

This allows players to use High-Low corner cover without some gay ass "Open BackPack Pink Carryall" message in your face, also means you can take cover behind vehicles and objects without get in or rearm icons in your face.

We use this along with your mod and some other Gameplay Enhancement mods on our server.

If you want the files you are more than welcome to them, just pm me.

PS. your signatures or Key for your pbos isn't working last time I checked so I did my own key and sigs for your files hope thats ok with you ?

PPS. I am still trying to remove Player voices and Radio subtitles via mod, No luck so far. any idea why autospot = 0; doesn't work in mp or what files I can have a read of to try fixing it ?

Yup, of course that's fine. There's nothing to say you can't sign people's addons yourself.

Yes, I've just had a look into the radio subtitles via mod. Essentially I assume what people are after is the subtitles off for NATO/BLUFOR, as then you can't hear or see them say anything but you still get the enemy shouting things in a different language. Please clarify if that's not.

Anyway, the .pbo you want to look at is dubbing_radio_f. There are classes for RadioProtocolEng, RadioProtocolGRE and RadioProtocolPER.

Snippet from the config:

class CfgVoice {
voices[] = {"Male01ENG", "Male02ENG", "Male03ENG", "Male04ENG", "Male05ENG", "Male06ENG", "Male07ENG", "Male08ENG", "Male09ENG", "Male10ENG", "Male11ENG", "Male12ENG", "Male01ENGB", "Male02ENGB", "Male03ENGB", "Male04ENGB", "Male05ENGB", "Male01PER", "Male02PER", "Male03PER", "Male01GRE", "Male02GRE", "Male03GRE", "Male04GRE", "Male05GRE", "Male06GRE", "Male01ENGVR"};
micOuts[] = {"micOut1", "micOut2", "micOut3", "micOut4", "micOut5", "micOut6"};
preview = "preview.ogg";
default = "Male01ENG";

class Base {
	variants[] = {0.95, 1.0, 1.05};
	voiceType = "";
	scope = private;
	directories[] = {"", ""};
	protocol = "RadioProtocolBase";
	icon = "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,0)";
};

class ENG : Base {
	protocol = "RadioProtocolENG";
	identityTypes[] = {"default", "Head_USMC", "Head_USMC_CO", "Head_USMC_Camo", "Head_USMC_CO_Camo", "Head_Default", "Head_Special", "LanguageENG_F"};
	icon = "\a3\Ui_f\data\Map\Markers\Flags\usa_ca.paa";
};

class Male01ENG : ENG {
	directories[] = {"\A3\Dubbing_Radio_F\data\Male01\", "\A3\Dubbing_Radio_F\data\Male01\"};
	scope = public;
	displayName = "$STR_A3_CfgVoice_Male01ENG";
	author = "$STR_A3_Bohemia_Interactive";
};

class ... (up to 12) : ENG {
};

class ENGB : Base {
	protocol = "RadioProtocolENGB";
	identityTypes[] = {"default", "Head_USMC", "Head_USMC_CO", "Head_USMC_Camo", "Head_USMC_CO_Camo", "Head_Default", "Head_Special", "LanguageENGB_F"};
	icon = "\a3\Ui_f\data\Map\Markers\Flags\uk_ca.paa";
};

class Male01ENGB : ENGB {
	directories[] = {"\A3\Dubbing_Radio_F\data\Male01\", "\A3\Dubbing_Radio_F\data\Male01\"};
	scope = public;
	displayName = "$STR_A3_CfgVoice_Male01ENGB";
	author = "$STR_A3_Bohemia_Interactive";
};

class ... (up to 5) : ENGB {
};
};

I assume that one can get rid of their radio stuff by simply doing:

class CfgVoice {

class Base;
class ENG : Base {
	protocol = "";
};

class ENGB : Base {
	protocol = "";
};
};

EDIT: released here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184059-Beazley-s-No-BLUFOR-Radio-Protocol

Please ignore the below, I completely missed some of the config. My excuse is it's 6AM and the thing's ~90,000 lines long. Shhhh.

Until line ~3030 is what ties all the communication 'sentences' up, but unfortunately there's nothing side-specific there (that I can see). If someone wanted to make a mod that completely removed all AI subs/radio calls then that would be the way to do it. If you just want to do it for a specific side, then RadioProtocolENG starts on line 3035.

So, this is how part of the config looks by default (subclass of class Arguments):

class SentObjectDestroyedUnknownStealth : Completition {
	versions[] = {"Target_neutralized_8", 0.14, "Target_neutralized_7", 0.14, "Target_neutralized_9", 0.14, "Target_neutralized_10", 0.14, "Target_eliminated", 0.14, "Target_neutralized_11", 0.14, "Target_neutralized_12", 0.14};

class Target_neutralized_8 {
		textOrig = "Target neutralized";
		text = "$STR_A3_Target_neutralized";
		wordsClass = "Stealth";
		speech[] = {XMIT, "TargetEliminated"};
		gesture = "";
	};

class Target_neutralized_7 {
		wordsClass = "Stealth";
		speech[] = {XMIT, "ScratchOne"};
		gesture = "";
	};

class Target_neutralized_9 {
		wordsClass = "Stealth";
		speech[] = {XMIT, "HeIsDown"};
		gesture = "";
	};

class Target_neutralized_10 {
		wordsClass = "Stealth";
		speech[] = {XMIT, "IVeGotHim"};
		gesture = "";
	};

class Target_eliminated {
		textOrig = "Target eliminated";
		text = "$STR_A3_Target_eliminated";
		wordsClass = "Stealth";
		speech[] = {XMIT, "TargetIsDown"};
		gesture = "";
	};

class Target_neutralized_11 {
		wordsClass = "Stealth";
		speech[] = {XMIT, "HostileDown"};
		gesture = "";
	};

class Target_neutralized_12 {
		wordsClass = "Stealth";
		speech[] = {XMIT, "TargetIsNeutralized"};
		gesture = "";
	};
};

You could try changing the versions[] array into {"", 0}; and seeing if the commands still played out - I think that might do it. Otherwise, if you CTRL+F for "SentObjectDestroyedUnknownStealth" you'll find a list of things like:

class SentObjectDestroyedUnknown : Completition {
	sentences[] = {"SentObjectDestroyedUnknownStealth", "Stealth", "SentObjectDestroyedUnknownDefault", "(1 - (Stealth))"};
};

You could try changing the sentences[] array into = {""};.

Both will probably work, but I'm not sure which will be easier. You'll have to repeat this for class RadioProtocolENGGB and RadioProtocolENGVR (you could probably miss off VR though, let's be honest).

If they don't, then blanking the text datum and speech[] array for every subclass of class Arguments (and all the subclasses of those) should also do the trick.

Edited by Beazley

Hello Beazley.

I achieved a similar result using an init.sqf inside a mod.

init.sqf

if (isServer || isDedicated || !hasInterFace) exitWith {};
if (!isServer && isNull player) then {isJIP=true;} else {isJIP=false;};
	if (!isDedicated) then
		{
			waitUntil {!isNull player && isPlayer player};
			sidePlayer = side player;
		};

waitUntil {!(isNull (findDisplay 46))};

player setspeaker "NoVoice";
showSubs = showSubtitles false;  
ShowRad = showRadio false;
EnabRad = enableRadio false;
player disableConversation true;

player addEventHandler 
[
"respawn",
	{
	player setspeaker "NoVoice"; 
	showSubs = showSubtitles false; 
	ShowRad = showRadio false;
	EnabRad = enableRadio false;
	player disableConversation true
	}
];

systemchat "NOPV Initialized";

The only drawback we have noticed with this system is the player group leader will call out regroup anytime a Join in progress happens.

Beazley could you remove the red line and coordinates in visual map??