beazley

UIcorrections Suite

BRIEF
Increases immersion by removing unrealistic HUD elements; improving your gameplay experience.

DOWNLOAD v1.3
Armaholic
Play withSIX
ArmA3.de
Alternate mirror (MediaFire)

FEATURES
Removes the peripheral dot HUD elements
Adds full screen night vision goggles
Removes the awful vignette built into A3
Removes the reload icon that shows with an empty magazine
Adds an accessible dot map marker (tap 'Up' once)
Disables idle animations
Removes the pointless 'command bar'
Removes ammo, magazine and grenade counts from infantry HUD
Enlarges grid numbers for easier reading
Enlarges compass for easier reading of bearings
Modular: simply remove the .pbo of any modules you do not wish to use

REQUIREMENTS
None!

MORE DETAILS
Modularity means to disable any of the features above, one just has to delete the relevant .pbo(s). They are named fairly obviously but I have included a readme.txt anyway.
You can still assign STHUD colours without the command bar; STHUD itself lists group members in the same order.
If running the UImarkers module, everyone on the server must run it, otherwise the dot won't show for them and they'll get a popup error.
Every module apart from UImarkers does not rely on other clients running it; it can be left to user preference.
To reiterate, UIammocount does not remove the ammo count in vehicles, and one can still see which grenade/weapon etc they have selected.

SHOUTOUT
This mod originally developed for everyone in the 16 Air Assault Brigade

ZpWDlUp.png

WEB: www.16aa.net
TS3: ts3.16aa.net

MEDIA
Y81c1BS.jpg

CHANGELOG
v1.0 - release!
v1.1 - NVGs fixed for INDEP and OPFOR, added cfgAddons
v1.2 - Added UIammocount and UIgridnums .pbos. & included server key and signature files
Thanks to Jealeine for the tip off w.r.t ammo count
v1.3 - Added UIcompass & fixed key/signatures

Please provide feedback below. I will attempt to fix any bugs as soon as possible. I am particularly interested in feedback regarding the disabling of idle animations; that module has not been tested at great length.

RvYVgFB.gif
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for sending the release our way :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Removes the reload icon that shows with an empty magazine

and sold! :D

and sold! :D

Was going to point out that you can turn most of this off can't you?... But, yeah, nevermind...

Me too... Like Pergor said: sold! Thanks!!

What about vehicle crosshairs???

Does it also remove the NVGs border? If so that seems like the opposite of the intended purpose, but I suppose if its easy to keep it doesnt matter. Just curious.

Edited by MordeaniisChaos

Umm, quick question/issue along with a possible fix...

How are you able to know what type of magazine you have loaded? How many you have left(not amount of ammunition in current magazine)? What Grenade you have selected? I myself do not want the original A3 hud that says all of this and more, but simply removing it all together I do not see being a benefit. I would still like to know what type of magazine I have loaded/how many magazines left/grenade selected...

Here is a possible fix. Create a small icon and place it in the top right corner where the original hud would be, but about a 1/10 of the original hud size. Displaying a letter followed by a number. The letter would represent what type of ammunition (no letter for regular ammo....R for red tracer....G for green tracer...and Y for yellow tracer). The Number after would represent the amount of magazines that apply to the weapon selected there.

Then for grenades create an icon directly underneath the magazine Icon displaying another Letter Number sequence. Letter would represent what type of throw able selected(G for regular grenades (RGO)....M for mini grenade....S for stone....WS for white smoke....RS for red smoke....GS for green smoke Etc...RC for red chemlight. etc) you get the point.

Or if you want to be really easy, just create small seperate colored icons for each item. Well just a thought and a suggestion.

-Black Viper

Cool, nice that its modular, would be nice if we could also remove the heal/hand inventory icons one day.

Its not working for me, No matter what I do, I tried first with mods running and then without mods and just CBA with your mod and still isnt working.

Are you sure this version you put up is working right? or am I missing something? thanks.

Good job, nice mod ;)

I was wondering, there is a way to toggle the Weapon info?

and to get rid of the Development build number at the bottom left corner (or is is hardcoded)?

Maybe sync the toggle weapon info with the "toggle raise weapon" so one can see that infos only with the wepon up...

If it is a way, that would be a nice addon to this mod!

:cool:

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@bzly_uicorrections.png

@ Beazley;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

What about vehicle crosshairs???

Does it also remove the NVGs border? If so that seems like the opposite of the intended purpose, but I suppose if its easy to keep it doesnt matter. Just curious.

Yep, gets rid of the NVG border. Personally, I hate the default one regardless of realism. If you care about that sort of thing, though, the field of view of NVGs seems to be of the order of 60-80 degrees, approximately the size of your monitor. No need for "toilet roll" vision.

Umm, quick question/issue along with a possible fix...

How are you able to know what type of magazine you have loaded? How many you have left(not amount of ammunition in current magazine)? What Grenade you have selected? I myself do not want the original A3 hud that says all of this and more, but simply removing it all together I do not see being a benefit. I would still like to know what type of magazine I have loaded/how many magazines left/grenade selected...

It doesn't remove that part of the HUD. Guess it was left out of the comparison shot by accident.

ArmA 3 does look a trillion times better without the vignette. Perhaps BI could add it to the PP options, like the Witcher 2 does?

To clear things up: no, it does not remove the weapon panel in the top right. This fades on veteran difficulty, so I must just have left it a little longer before taking the screenshot. Apologies for the confusion.

I hope to someday include a module that keeps that UI element there but removes the ammo count and mag count.

Was going to point out that you can turn most of this off can't you?... But, yeah, nevermind...

Me too... Like Pergor said: sold! Thanks!!

The only thing I turn off that you can do yourself is the command bar in the bottom left :)

Looks good, thank you for this. My little feature request would be removing the white crosshair that overlaps the green one in the airplanes, like the Wipeout.

NV part of mod seems to not work for me and my other friends too. Can you address that?

Yup, fixed. Didn't work for OPFOR or INDEP sides previously

Will include in the next update, but for now I've PM'd you the updated .pbo.

Thanks for sending us the new version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I hope to someday include a module that keeps that UI element there but removes the ammo count and mag count.

I made a small "hardcore" addon for my personal use without ammo, mag and grenade count for infantry soldier only.

You can try this if you want :

requiredAddons[] = {"A3_UI_F"};

class RscControlsGroup {
};

class RscText {
};

class RscInGameUI {

class RscUnitInfo {

class WeaponInfoControlsGroupLeft : RscControlsGroup {

class controls {

class CA_AmmoCount : RscText {
				sizeEx = "0 * 					(			(			((safezoneW / safezoneH) min 1.2) / 1.2) / 25)";
			};

class CA_MagCount : RscText {
			};

class CA_GrenadeCount : RscText {
			};
		};
	};
};
};

Hope that help you.

I beg your pardon for my poor english, have a nice day.

Edited by J3aLeiNe

Hmmm, I tried a similar thing before and it didn't have any effect.

I guess I'll have another play around with it, cheers Jealeine.

They should work with custom NVGs. If they don't, you should approach the author of the mod in question (you may mean STKR's NVGs?) and get them to not redefine modelOptics when inheriting from BIS's NVG class - there isn't any need to, anyway.

Hope that help you.

I beg your pardon for my poor english, have a nice day.

Thanks, that works a treat.

I just checked my old version of this, and I'd tried making the text invisible using the RGBA array as well as moving it 10,000 pixels off screen - neither of which worked. If only I'd tried size at the same time!

Edited by Beazley