Sign in to follow this  
jblackrupert

Battlefield: Hardline

This is not "vertical gameplay", it's too restrictive to fall under that moniker. It's a mobile ladder that's been in BF circa 2005 and making a return, otherwise you might define any other game with ladders and tall buildings as "vertical gameplay". Hell, you've had mobile ladders modded in Arma.

What "vertical gameplay" describes is speedy vertical movement which leaves you able to fight back. UT/Quake/TF2 rocket jumping/bounce pads, Titanfall wallrunning/climbing/jetpacks, whatever the new CoD mechsuit tricks are. A perfect execution of it would be

, which came out like 5 years ago.

Let´s wait to see how they implement it :p

BF2: Special Forces had grappling hooks and Ziplines which also allowed you to get onto apartment balconies and places like that.

Worked fine there, the ziplines were mainly used to get to flags via rooftops avoiding vehicles.

It was in BF2, yes, but time to kill was much longer there so you had plenty of time to retreat and reconsider. In BF4, on some maps and game modes, rooftop camping makes hardcore unplayable. It would usually take huge team effort to counter that and good luck with that on public servers. Your lucky to get med or ammo pack every now and then. Im not sure if there even is any kind of organized environment in BF4. Its pretty much public only. Features like that usually only endorse noob tube/grenade/rpg spamming.

Further more, and I dont want to be a dick about it, but there is a good chance you will be able glitch on some most impossible spots and they will need 3 months to patch it. MAV in BF3 etc.

I hope it works but looking at how BF3 and especially 4 went, Im very skeptical about it.

Edited by Janez

Can't stand seeing this kind of bending on a franchise.

There is absolutely nothing in that trailer that’s even remotely interesting. Sad thing is, this is something the community would've done itself in the old days.

BETA signup page

http://www.battlefield.com/hardline/beta

PC and PS4

EDIT: Signed up for the BETA and it's available for download on Origin [6.57GB]

UPDATE: Beta page is back up

EA presentation said it will be open for a short time but no date when it locks.

Hardline Battlelog: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh

You need to have Hardline Beta credited to your Origin account and once that is done

you may need to log out and back in to Battlelog to make the Hardline one accessible.

Based on the E3 multiplayer player video. it's looks like a BF4 mod.

UPDATE: Confirmed on Hardline Battlelog. BETA footage is allowed to be uploaded to Youtube and Streamed without restriction.

tons of footage is appearing on youtube now.

UPDATE: BETA is now closed and any new people have to register and wait to get in.

Edited by jblackrupert

Doesn't work for me. I get the "You successfully applied!" page, but no email nor a order confirmation on my origin account.

But after seeing the PCgsamer footage you're best off playing Dragon's teeth anyway.

Finished ten rounds in the Beta and I couldn't be less enthused. I found it to be completely boring to be quite honest.

The map/maps are large, but also so completely empty that it kills the immersion. It's like every civilian up and disappeared like a fart in the wind. The lack of civilians is something you can get away with in BF, but not here, not in Downtown LA. The controls are really stiff and movement feels awkward and slow, though this is something they'll fix I'm sure. The overall problem I have is that it's a completely new type of game, one that opens up so many new ways to fight and defeat your enemies. Unfortunately though, that isn't the case here as it feels just like BF, not differentiating itself from those games whatsoever.

All of the mechanics feel like a afterthought and tacked on more than anything else. This could have been a good Cops versus Criminals game with interesting mission types, but it's completely wasted.

well from what i can see its almost like bf4 just with cops and robbers + rope sliding simulator heh Edited by RobertHammer

well from what i can see its almost like bf4 just with cops and robbers + rope sliding simulator heh

Indeed. In fact one of the main designers of the game said that the game was exactly that, a version of BF4 but with cops and robbers, in a interview for Polygon in Barcelona:

( Polygon ) Battlefield Hardline takes a shot at the TV-style cop drama

I miss Battlefield 2. Of course, BF2: Special Forces accused me of being a pirate for some reason as well. Nevarrr change, EA.

Just watched a beta lets play yesterday and closed youtube after 5 minutes because the game looked so damn boring. Someone said its basically BF4 capture the flag with different skins. Now, if this was a alpha test it would have been ok, but this is already beta...

I'll stick with BF3 premium that EA gave me for 10 euros during their christmas sale.

I think they missed a great spoofing opportunity by having the soldiers in full fatigue swinging planks of wood or something at grenades which could be the golf balls....oh wait wrong game.

I think its pretty awesome, they really captured the chaos from the scenes in the dark knight between gotham police and jokers anarchists as well as the inmates from the dark knight rises.

I can't wait to play Gotham Police vs Anarchy...wait...its battlefield?....

Viewed as an expansion it meets all requirements for BF, new weapons, vehicles, character models, maps, mechanics (too bad it took them from the time BF2 special forces was released to remember that the zip line and grapple hooks were FUN and made things very interesting) But for a cops and robbers game its waaay too micheal bay, with all the explosions going on it feels more like battlefield with just a mod rather than something that investigates a different setting..a lot of the choices don't add up gameplay wise either.

For example rocket launchers in BF make perfect sense, militaries, militia's, and insurgencies would carry but heistmen? SWAT? We're dropping from vehicles with any armor to vehicles with no armor, which can be damaged by normal rifle bullets and would stand 0 chance against a rocket launcher...secondly the car with minigun is just silly, regardless of how organized and funded the organization is I'm pretty sure nobody would want to draw attention by doing something that obvious, not to mention it further blurrs the difference between normal battlefield and this m-expansion.

In this case a normal car is just as much a weapon as it is protection, they got the cover part right but really missed an opportunity to show the vehicles could be used offensively without the need of a silly PMC minigun.

Theres also no incentive to avoid conflict....I wonder if they saw Pay Day the heist and thought "We should make something like that" but didn't really look into what makes it a fun and unique game, and how taking tips from it would have helped make this expansion more unique from battlefield.

Just watched a video, the pilots have HDU's....the pilots have HDU's....civilian aircraft..have helmet displays...pilots...of CIVILIAN aircraft..have helmet displays..*heavy breathing* PILOTS OF CIVILIAN VEHICLES HAVE HELMET DISPLAYS?!?!?!?!

Edited by NodUnit

It´s the future..oh no wait, that was another game.

I tried the beta for an hour, I really didn't like it.

This one is funny:

I think it's fun but the price is not, EA is pulling an 'Nvidia' and trying to stealthily up the price of so called 'AAA' games to $80.00 - throw in the inevitable 'Season pass' and you are probably looking at $120 or more.

Considering that BF4 was a f**king mess at launch, I really don't see where they are getting these ridiculous prices from :confused:

I tried the beta for an hour, I really didn't like it.

This one is funny:

Judging by the video this game is just as broken as BF4...

Perhaps these trends are eventually going to culminate in a catastrophe so epic it will make the Crash of 1983 seem like a dress rehearsal for a picnic. The video game industry might take a hit, but maybe the publishers will learn from it.

Or they could just keep selling these as long as somebody buys them. I've the feeling this generation hasn't had its E.T. yet*. *Ride to Hell doesn't count.

Of course you will still pay full price for the benefit of playing a broken game, am I right?

Of course you will still pay full price for the benefit of playing a broken game, am I right?

But it's alphaaaaaaa.